Author Topic: 2011 KCDGD Plans  (Read 704 times)

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
2011 KCDGD Plans
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:28:45 AM »
It may be a bit early but, I wanted to let the current Staff Members know that plans are under way for the 2011 KCDGD Event.

If you were a Staff Member of the 2010 Event, please take a minute to write down what worked, what didn't work and what you like to see at the 2011 Event. Please email them to me at your earliest convienence! (dan@danweinert.com)

If you were not a 2010 Staff member and would like to be, we have a few slots open, mainly in the PR/Marketing side.

If you were an Attendee of the 2010 Event, and have ideas on what we can do to make it bigger and better, you can shoot me an email to the same email address above.

Thanks again...We hope to hear from you soon!

Dan "Lefty" Weinert

For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 KCDGD Plans
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »
I sent you my thoughts. 
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 02:39:59 AM »
I sent you my thoughts. 

Yes you did sir...and what awesome thoughts they were!

'011 DGD...9 to 9 and fun all day!

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 08:53:59 AM »
Come on guys...just trying not to forget all the good ideas you have verbally discussed with me.

Just trying to get it on paper before we loose the solutions...just saying!

Dan  ;)

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 10:37:59 AM »
How about changing the venue to Blue Valley, let the first timers out on the junior course, man up and play the monster <got d??>, there's plenty of room for all the activities, and it's an underused facility badly in need of stellar social events to improve the neighborhood. plus it has the best tee pads in the city! i suggest we quit using rosedale for large events, our presence is known there, that poor little park is overused, when BVP really would appreciate a ton of foot traffic. let's not neglect this awesome course, there's no league out there, and people complain that the course is too difficult, too strenuous. c'mon, this venue does not just cater to serious golfers, the junior course is fun, and the pavillion is pretty cool, and ample parking. here's a vision for you, world peace through disc golf. oh and one more thang, how about bringing back "World's Biggest"?
espouse elucidation

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 10:40:21 AM »
How about changing the venue to Blue Valley... how about bringing back "World's Biggest"?

Great idea Jamie!! I believe KCDGD is our answer to World's Biggest Disc Golf Day - but the money stays mostly in KCFDC instead  :D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 11:17:18 AM »
Cuz they scurred!!
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 01:29:08 PM »
World's Biggest isn't anything to be "scurred" of, it's just a tournament that is played on a certain weekend in may that involves 32 countries and over ten thousand players. i won the rolf freiss<sp> award twice, and if the kansas city<mo> disc golf day falls on that particular weekend then it's a double celebration!
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »
The World's Biggest is no longer because we do Disc Golf Day.  It made very little sense to pay for the Worlds Biggest to get a generic shirt and disc when we could create our own Disc Golf Day to celebrate disc golf in Kansas City.  Historically we have held the Disc Golf Day at the busiest parks in the metro with the hopes of attracting more players that are casual to know about the Club and how disc golf in Kansas City would not be the way it is without the support of the volunteers that help within the local community.

Hence why we have Disc Golf Day instead of World's Biggest.....I as well haev won the Rolf Frei award, I believe 3 times..... ;D

I will be making Blue Valley into a 3 course configuration very soon, to tackle the opinions that many feel it is not the best place to play unless you are a big arm.  Although I don't agree with that statement, I do agree that it is underused, and I welcome the idea that Jamie brings.  I am hopeful that maybe in 2012 the configuration will be playable for such an event in all honesty it sounds good!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Seansponsoredam

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 09:56:18 PM »
Three courses in one sounds awesome with option to convert back to 1 big course.  I have never played Blue Valley, but it's not because I'm afraid of making good upshots, just nobody ever wants to go!!