Author Topic: Wakarusa 2010 Golfers  (Read 658 times)

Beat Hummel

Wakarusa 2010 Golfers
« on: May 26, 2010, 10:39:10 PM »
A shout out to all 2010 Wakarusians!  Making my annual pilgrimage to Wakarusa Music Festival next wednesday night-monday morning.  Fun little 9-hole temp course will once again be in play.  traveling/camping with several golfers: Seth Wolzen, Corey Dunbar, Bryan Griesel, and Parker Idunnoyourlastname.  I know "Marshal Pablo" aka Paul Eklund, and Bill Neenan were headed down along with many others I am sure. Per Paul's suggestions let's get a huge glow round going one night (morning), the later (earlier) the better, im thinking post-main stage closing/pre-sunrise time frame.  Whoever forgets we are playing disc golf the most times wins.  I want to call it the inaugural "Brain In a Blender Random Dubs Miracle if We All Finish or Even Know Where We Really Are Wakarusa Open Invitational Spectacular".  That's BIABRDMIWAFOEKWWRAWOIS for short.  Holler if you will be at the festival this year, magnificent good times are expected ;D  Or if no one wants to respond about Waka i will just repeatedly update this post about how awesome it is going to be...WAKA WAKA WAKA!!!

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Wakarusa 2010 Golfers
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 08:51:57 AM »
I still haven't ever been.  Pictures of some freaky folks in the act would be entertaining.

Beat Hummel

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 08:55:34 AM »
I still haven't ever been.  Pictures of some freaky folks in the act would be entertaining.

Fifteen-thousand Freaky Folks having Fun-that's waka :o

Seth W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 09:30:53 AM »
I will be one of those Freaky Folks!!! Glow round will be dope and we should have a solid group of local players.  Cant wait for the 4-day party.    ;D

Beat Hummel

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
Wakarusa update: 4 of 9 holes were semi-un-playable due to campsites and sleeping hippies.  Seth and I decided to still throw the 2 holes where there were no tents, but only sleeping dreadies...almost put a screaming low nuke in a hippie's back, but he was so high on LSD he would have never known what it was anyways.  One disc was thrown in a pond.  multiple good shots were thrown.    No night golf was played, as there was too much partying to be done.  If you love music, or you love to party, or you love both, then for the love of god come to Wakarusa next year, because it is the most awesome party one might ever encounter!!!!!

gunar

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:08:08 AM »
Wakarusa update: 4 of 9 holes were semi-un-playable due to campsites and sleeping hippies.  Seth and I decided to still throw the 2 holes where there were no tents, but only sleeping dreadies...almost put a screaming low nuke in a hippie's back, but he was so high on LSD he would have never known what it was anyways.  One disc was thrown in a pond.  multiple good shots were thrown.    No night golf was played, as there was too much partying to be done.  If you love music, or you love to party, or you love both, then for the love of god come to Wakarusa next year, because it is the most awesome party one might ever encounter!!!!!

Waka is magical. There are tons of smaller regional festies around through-out the year too. If you're in it for the party, they are pretty damn fun. Nothing like camping with a ton of weirdos all weirded out with live music to keep you going until the sun rises. ~ cheers

Beat Hummel

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 06:37:28 PM »
a ton of weirdos all weirded out

great description-dead on... I have determined that the Mo-Kan is a must to attend after seeing that Somasphere was headlining.  Those guys put on a sick dance party at waka in the outpost tent-only regret was it was an afternoon show and there were no lights.....

gunar

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 02:18:39 PM »
a ton of weirdos all weirded out

great description-dead on... I have determined that the Mo-Kan is a must to attend after seeing that Somasphere was headlining.  Those guys put on a sick dance party at waka in the outpost tent-only regret was it was an afternoon show and there were no lights.....

Right on, they are cool kids. Believe it or not, Nebraska has a hopping music scene. Mo-Kan will be fun, my band will be playing the 'main' stage thursday night at 11pm.

Here are two other fests that we're playing that should be a blast:

River Jam in Ft. Smith Arkansas
http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/river-jam-fest-2010/new-artist-additions-for-river-jam-pre-sale-tix-avail/123576017679688
- I think we're getting a prime late night set here, at least we were promised one...

Tall Tree Lake in Illinois
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=115980981772048&ref=ts
- Late night, again

So, I'll see ya at Mokan.. still trying to figure out what's up with disc golf out there. I would love to throw a sunrise round!