Author Topic: Disc golf & the MoKan music festival?  (Read 401 times)

gunar

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Disc golf & the MoKan music festival?
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:58:51 PM »
Hey guys, some of you know me as a drummer / musician. Anyway, my band is playing at a cool local festival called the MoKan Music fest this July.  The festival is from July 8th - 10th in Pleasant Hill, Mo.  (http://www.mokanfestival.com/)

I was wondering if the KCFDC & a few members would have any interest in setting up a temp 9 hole course on the festy-grounds. I have a message into the coordinators, seeing if there is enough room.  I'm sure I could hook up a few backstage passes for people who would be willing to be responsible for such a thing. That would include the band percs, like free beer for the entire weekend. My only concern would be having a bunch of loose baskets out there... even though the festival will have a nice security barrier.

I bet you wrangle some new players as well as get a few seasoned players interested in the club. If we jump on this now, we can advertise the fact that there will be golf at the fest. That way kids show up with their clubs.

I would be willing to volunteer for a few hours on friday / saturday to take new players for a round, or run a KCFDC table or something.

I'm usually way too busy with work / music to get out to any work days, but I am a card carrying, dues paying member that is trying to help spread the good word. I'll know more about the possibilities of this once I hear back from the organizers, but I have a feeling they'll jump all over this.

Anyone interested in helping out and chilling out with good local music?

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Disc golf & the MoKan music festival?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 02:05:14 PM »
sounds fun I would be willing to help out!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »
I just might be available to help out that weekend myself. Keep us posted. Sounds like fun and a nice addition to the festival.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

gunar

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:50:40 AM »
Status update: The promoters are looking at 2 camp-grounds. They said 'the one by the lake has an 18-hole disc golf course.'

If that's the case, might be able to organize DG as an event? Maybe some basic group instructions before throwing a round? I know I'll be playing and there will be a ton of people that wish they had discs.

Seansponsoredam

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:58:06 AM »
Maybe you can get in touch with Rick and get rid of some of them used discs there for the Club!!