Author Topic: Old Pike Update  (Read 4075 times)

Kryptenx

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Old Pike Update
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 08:04:39 PM »
Does anyone have a run down of the locations of the new holes? I was out there at the start of the month and saw a couple new baskets when walking back from 9 but wasn't sure how to get to them. Do you come back out of the area for 7/8/9 and then head left, or do you go around the other side of the pond near 9's pad?

Old Pike Mike

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2010, 01:33:26 PM »
The layout is in transition; but, currently, you go around the back yard, which includes the original holes 7,8,9 then back across the dam to ten's tee, which shoots over the pond to the pin on the hill.  Then the path will take you to 11,12,13, and 14 to get out of the woods by the original hole one. 

LymeFlyte

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 08:59:52 PM »
ok newbee here, been playing since last summer. usually alone. just wandering if i can join the tuesday night doubles with ya'll at op. need some pointers and people to play with. and i am willing to donate time to help with the course.  so if its cool i"ll bring my 6 bux and discs. hope to make it tomm. 7/13.

hyzerponix

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 09:27:05 AM »
ok newbee here, been playing since last summer. usually alone. just wandering if i can join the tuesday night doubles with ya'll at op. need some pointers and people to play with. and i am willing to donate time to help with the course.  so if its cool i"ll bring my 6 bux and discs. hope to make it tomm. 7/13.

If you've never played in league format, I would suggest starting at a singles league to learn the ropes. At a random draw doubles league, your partner will expect at least a chance to play to win, and not to have to give out pointers or help you along with your game. That's kinda just the way it is.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 10:23:46 AM »

If you've never played in league format, I would suggest starting at a singles league to learn the ropes. At a random draw doubles league, your partner will expect at least a chance to play to win, and not to have to give out pointers or help you along with your game. That's kinda just the way it is.

That is one man's opinion. Random doubles, to me, is about meeting and playing with new people, and a chance to teach and/or learn, hopefully while enjoying the company of the players in the group. But, obviously, you can see that attitudes towards newbees will vary.

R
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 10:27:18 AM »
i gotta agree with rick here, learning new shots, perfecting the clutch putt and breaking in new plastic are what leagues are for me, and playing nice with others.
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 10:29:01 AM »
I was thinking that doubles is sometimes a nice place to warm people up, but I know that some people are exactly displaying the habits that Mr. Weizer is referring to....

You should come on out, I bet those guys will not bite your hand.....that hard!  :D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

tedkeith

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2010, 11:08:31 AM »
Old Pike doubles has been moved to Water Works for tonight due to a swim event at the Country Club. Come join us for doubles at Water Works... All Are Welcome!

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2010, 03:13:20 PM »
Same time as normal??
Caleb "FOUL MOUTH" Coffman

COME, YE CHILDREN, LISTEN TO ME. I WILL TEACH YOU THE FEAR OF THE LORD  PSALMS 34:11

LymeFlyte

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2010, 03:53:41 PM »
thanks for opinions. i guess some people take their game a little more serious than others. i said i was new but i didnt say i sucked. judging by the fact i"m not spending my time looking for discs in the hedge. and last time i played WW i only had two bogeys, but that was negated by the fact i had an egual amount of dueces. but its all good. no harm no foul. hope to see you all out soon. thx

Captklank

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »
WW at 6
Team Ls Discs

hyzerponix

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2010, 05:00:20 PM »
thanks for opinions. i guess some people take their game a little more serious than others. i said i was new but i didnt say i sucked. judging by the fact i"m not spending my time looking for discs in the hedge. and last time i played WW i only had two bogeys, but that was negated by the fact i had an egual amount of dueces. but its all good. no harm no foul. hope to see you all out soon. thx

Man, I apologize for coming across as harshly as I may have in my post. I don't take my game that seriously, but I know there are others who do for whatever reason, perhaps it is their only potential form of income at the moment... ;D

Anyway, come out to the Old Pike doubles league by all means!

ekolk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2010, 09:51:23 PM »
I played Old Pike on Saturday for the first time in about 9 months, and it was great. Thanks to all who have put in the labor and creativity.  It is sweet. The wooded holes, 11 -14, remind me of Down Under years ago.  I really enjoyed the tee signs, seriously I laughed, and holes 4 and 5 are such sweet ace runs. Ching!
So yeah a big thumbs up to all! I did see Mike working on Saturday (man it was hot).;)

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 10:32:58 AM »
Is league on tonight?  Don't wanna drive an hour and not get to play....
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

tedkeith

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2010, 11:15:38 AM »
Is league on tonight?  Don't wanna drive an hour and not get to play....

Yes!