Author Topic: great job blue springs parks dept!!!  (Read 1752 times)

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: great job blue springs parks dept!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2010, 09:25:59 AM »
I don't mind hedge trees but locust trees? They don't bear nuts for squirrels, or flowers for the bee-- for every locust you don't cut down, I'm going to cut down three. 8)

as jack would say, WRONG!  the black locust is a major provider of honey for the honey bee.  but the seed pods are poison.
what we have at rosedale are honey locust.  big nasty brutal thorns grow right out of the freakin bark and every other damn place.  i don't think the bees like honey locust flowers but the seed pods aren't poisonous and eaten by cows, horses and deer.

i'll be here all week

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2010, 09:56:41 AM »
I meant to mention THE QUICK FIX that happened during the tournament.
On hole 7 the tee sign was missing the lock post and the wind caught it and messed it up.
I mentioned it between rounds to find out IT WAS ALREADY FIXED!!!
Now thats some prime course maintainance!!!
John, please mention who the gentleman was that was helping you.
I meant to ask you who he was. We shared some fish stories.
And again tell your mom thanks for getting the food.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 12:08:19 PM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2010, 10:50:10 AM »
My dad was the fixing the sign.  he loves fixing stuff.  he is the guy that pulls stuff out of the trash and takes it home and fixes it. drives my mom crazy.   he is always giving away lawn mowers, weed eaters, vacuum cleaners, microwaves etc.  i destroyed my chainsaw putting the course in and he completely took it apart and replaced darn near everything. 

hyzerponix

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 11:02:41 AM »
I don't mind hedge trees but locust trees? They don't bear nuts for squirrels, or flowers for the bee-- for every locust you don't cut down, I'm going to cut down three. 8)

as jack would say, WRONG!  the black locust is a major provider of honey for the honey bee.  but the seed pods are poison.
what we have at rosedale are honey locust.  big nasty brutal thorns grow right out of the freakin bark and every other damn place.  i don't think the bees like honey locust flowers but the seed pods aren't poisonous and eaten by cows, horses and deer.

i'll be here all week

Well, I stand corrected! I thought the trees at Young were honey locusts as well. We have a bunch behind the house that resemble some sort of medieval torture device with all the thorns. I have cut down a bunch but don't want to completely deprive my yard of shade so there are some lucky ones that remain. So the black locust has no thorns?

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 01:15:19 PM »
black locust have thorns on the limbs where the flowers bloom.  they still drop painful debris on the ground but nothing like the dirty tricks the honey locust play.  those thorns will change your life.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 04:13:15 PM »
My dad was the fixing the sign...

Well then, "Thanks Dad!"  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."