Author Topic: Come Play Swope Mini 6/08!!!  (Read 1068 times)

Beat Hummel

Come Play Swope Mini 6/08!!!
« on: June 07, 2010, 12:19:39 PM »
Pins will be LONG.  ALL OB's and Mando's will be in play.  Ace beer will be present.  What else could you ask for??? So come play Swope league tomorrow ;D

This advertisement was brought to you by disc golf-"where fun is abundant and good times are mandatory".

FYI lowest score wins ;D

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Come Play Swope Mini 6/08!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 01:07:34 PM »
Spencer, can I have you move some of the pins we'll be playing for the Wide Open?

Next week I'll put out the 3 temp baskets we need to play the full layout, but we can play part of the course tonight.

Beat Hummel

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 05:13:13 PM »
Spencer, can I have you move some of the pins we'll be playing for the Wide Open?

Next week I'll put out the 3 temp baskets we need to play the full layout, but we can play part of the course tonight.

You mean tomorrow i assume! PM me the layout (or post it so people can see it i guess) Timko and I will be at Swope a bit early tomorrow to get them moved into place for the KCWO.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2010, 10:57:32 PM »
#3 long
#5 left
#14 short peninsula
#15 right (by #18's tee) (you can add an OB to force people to throw through the gap instead of the hyzer; it will be in play during the WO)
#16 corner
#18 really long (where the red basket is right now)

Here are the pins I'm probably going to move later this week (feel free to move them if you want though):
#1 short
#2 short
#9 short
#10 short
#11 long

Most of the shorter holes will have additional OB added to place a premium on an accurate drive.  We'll play tee 4 to pin 5, play 2 temp holes to the north of the course, skip holes #7 and #8, and add another temp hole after #15 in the southeast corner of the park.  The OB may not be ready to play by league next week (depends on whether the P&R can mow on Monday), but the pins should be set up by the beginning of the next week.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:01:14 PM by Timko »

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:02:47 PM »
I think rope/string sucks. I would mark and use the rocks, and stretch it out. Knock yourself out though.  ;D

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 11:07:29 PM »
Then keep it between that rope and you won't have to worry about it.  I don't have an arborist to give me trees, so I've got to resort to more drastic measures ;).

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »
Wayne confirmed it will be mowed next Monday, so it is thick now and will get a little thicker. Good for the bees.
Flags were stolen (ie cut off) holes 9 and 16.

Slim
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2010, 09:49:51 AM »
Chris-I love rope! ;D
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2010, 09:52:06 AM »
Thanks for the info Slim.  I sent Wayne an email telling him I'd like it mowed on Tuesday, but he didn't get back to me.

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 03:13:43 PM »
Got everything south of the shelter moved for you guys (1,2,3,14,15,16,18).  When you get here, start north (5,9,10,11). 
Drew D Neitzel

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »
I'm assuming (hopefully not wrongly) that attendance will be somewhat depressed tonight, what with thunderstorms and (potentially) tornadoes in the area. I'm making the call to bring the suds out next week, when we'll hopefully have sunny skies and warm, dry temps that call for some thirst-quenching. Hope that's cool with everyone.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2010, 04:44:49 PM »
I'm assuming (hopefully not wrongly) that attendance will be somewhat depressed tonight, what with thunderstorms and (potentially) tornadoes in the area. I'm making the call to bring the suds out next week, when we'll hopefully have sunny skies and warm, dry temps that call for some thirst-quenching. Hope that's cool with everyone.

I think that would be the best idea.  Expect next week to have a large attendance (and a lot of throws).

Fish

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2010, 04:49:34 PM »
First opportunity to play Swope league since my Tues. bowling league ended.... and down comes the damn rain....

Damn you Katie Horner...
Nate Fishback

Beat Hummel

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2010, 06:15:23 PM »
Thanks for moving all those pins Drew!!!

I got to Swope at 4:45 during some insane lightning.  I determined the best thing to do with vertical lightning strikes was to carry metal baskets around, so the remaining holes (5,9,10,11) are now in KCWO position.  Went back to car to wait for Timko, then the DOWNPOUR started. I then realized I lost the shelter key off the crappy bent keychain, so I went looking for a tiny silver key in tall grass in a monsoon, and found it in 3 minutes  :o Needle in haystack-found.  I was so energized by this that I dragged 2 massive fallen branches from #6 fairway over to the far side of the road by 13/14/15 (where the boulder road barricade is).  1 large empty bag of cool ranch doritos blowing across #15's fairway was then placed in a trash recepticle.  LEAGUE CANCELLED   Come out next week for (hopefully) ace beer and the official KCWO layout.

Free advice: when it is raining do not jog onto the wood bridges at swope from an angle, no sooner had i placed my feet on this i realized i was going to eat sh1t and maybe break a leg falling off the side if i tried to prevent it, so i instead took a huge leap of faith off the side of the bridge, and luckily landed smack in the mud/running water/stream as opposed to a boulder or sharp stick!!!  All in all it was an exciting 35 minutes in the storm...here's my best Slim-Style close.....

WETBEARD
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:32:43 PM by Neckbeard »

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2010, 06:23:15 PM »
Wow, that sounds like fun.  Thanks for taking care of that Spencer.  I should be out there on Saturday to begin mowing around the rock OB's.