Oh brother... Who cares what
the State Doubles Championship is called? Maybe a corporate sponsor will jump onboard and feed the winners for the rest of their lives.... "Tyson Turkey Two-Player Team Throw-off"...
And if another (friendly) group ends up holding a PDGA
tourney at the same time as a non-PDGA event, it can't be that big of a deal. Isn't it NICE to have choices within driving distance? Turns out some people like choices.
This looks like a pretty good schedule for this summer
If I have any time I'll update our calendar to include these regional events...JUL 10-11:
- Mid America Open [PDGA-B] (Columbia MO)
- LS Discs Open [PDGA-?] (Topeka) vs. DD Melvern Lake Mayhem (Lake Melvern KS) ?
- Riverside Glide [PDGA-B] (Tulsa OK)
- LS Discs Open [PDGA-C] (Rosedale)
- MO Doubles (less trouble)
- OK Flying Disc Championships (Norman)
AUG 21-22: Tough Choice Weekend #1
- Twisted Fiesta (Tulsa OK)
- Lion's Den Open (Saturday, Cliff Drive)
- Revenge of the Monkey & 5th Dynamic Discs Open [PDGA-B] (Sat & Sun, Emporia)
- Afternoon D-Lite (Day 2x rounds, Nite 1x) (Pleasant Hill)
- ECS Challenge Cup [Charity Event] (Thornfield)
SEP 11-12: Tough Choice Weekend #2
- Old Settler's Open [PDGA-C] (Prairie Center)
- Dale Roberts Memorial [PDGA-C] (Saturday, Nixa MO)
- Twisted Flyer Open [PDGA-B] (OK City)
- Frontier Open [PDGA-B] (Hays KS)
SEP 25-26: Tough Choice Weekend #3
- TruLine Customs Open [PDGA-B] (McCook NE)
- LSDiscs Mighty Shunga Open [PDGA-A] (Topeka KS)
- 5th Annual Four States Open [PDGA-B] (Joplin MO)
At least this year I won't have to choose between a family reunion, the club championships, and the USDGC (like I'll have any money to go)... since they all fall on different weekends for a change.