Author Topic: MO State Doubles Championships Aug 7,8th ( Non Pdga)  (Read 7103 times)

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: MO State Doubles Championships Aug 7,8th ( Non Pdga)
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2010, 11:34:29 AM »
Tough shot is the same as worst  -- except you only have to make one putt. We are using worst shot ;D. Yes the last round will have the card marked as to what the format is for each set of six holes. We will go over it at the players meeting and you will have a handout.

Tough Shot = One and Done!
Worst Shot = Two Putts In -- A roll-away means both players putt again -- talk about PRESSURE  :o

Are there any precedents like World Dub's, National Dub's, or WFDF ?
thats the STUPIDEST thing I have ever played in DG in DUBS it shouldnt matter once a disc is in the BASKET
Caleb "FOUL MOUTH" Coffman

COME, YE CHILDREN, LISTEN TO ME. I WILL TEACH YOU THE FEAR OF THE LORD  PSALMS 34:11

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »
This isn't worlds or green country, where ever that is. 

tulsa (fyi . . ne ok is considered "green country" because the rest of the state is red and brown.)

i played green country dubs in mixed division one year and had a blast.  my wife only throws 150'-175' and the alt shot/tough shot was a strategy challenge for sure.  on courses i played all the time, i was looking at shots i'd never had to execute before.  it was one of the most fun tourneys i've ever played.  imho, you people who are memorizing tee shots instead of executing the shot that is presented to you will always be ams and are failing to learn to play the game.

btw.  yes, everyone plays same format on same holes, and it doesnt hop around so you dont have to figure it out on every hole.  1-6 is one format, 7-12 another, and 13-18 another.  every doubles tourney i've ever played, no matter what the format, whenever either partner holes out, the hole is completed.  an ace is an ace.  a fairway ace is a fairway ace.  i've never had to have both players make a putt.  i'm guessing this is probably more for pace of play because that might be kind of funny.  especially if you get waterworked a couple of times! ::)
Drew D Neitzel

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2010, 11:47:31 AM »
Tough shot is the same as worst  -- except you only have to make one putt. We are using worst shot ;D. Yes the last round will have the card marked as to what the format is for each set of six holes. We will go over it at the players meeting and you will have a handout.

Tough Shot = One and Done!
Worst Shot = Two Putts In -- A roll-away means both players putt again -- talk about PRESSURE  :o

Are there any precedents like World Dub's, National Dub's, or WFDF ?
thats the STUPIDEST thing I have ever played in DG in DUBS it shouldnt matter once a disc is in the BASKET

So you've played Worst Shot?  Why does it matter if everyone plays by the same rules?

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »
yes i have... I have played ALT shot hate it arm goes COLD!!!

I have played the 666 format & hated the worst shot aspect because the GOOD drive is not rewarded... I had 3-4 holes where I was inside 15' & had to use my PARTNERS BS shot not to mention he went cold when we both had to make the PUTT & it made for a LONG MISERABLE afternoon

INTESTINAL FORTITUDE Cd ::) ::) yea to keep your stomach contents down when your partner goes in the TANK in these 2 formats ;D

COME, YE CHILDREN, LISTEN TO ME. I WILL TEACH YOU THE FEAR OF THE LORD  PSALMS 34:11

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2010, 12:31:58 PM »
LONG MISERABLE afternoon

See the quote in my sig.  If that thing in between your ears is letting you down, then you're already doomed.

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2010, 12:37:39 PM »
LONG MISERABLE afternoon

See the quote in my sig.  If that thing in between your ears is letting you down, then you're already doomed.
I was referring to my DUBS partner at that TOURNEY letting me down which he apologized for REPEATEDLY but it made for a LONG afternoon regardless... no I wasnt perfect by any means but he couldnt hit the TITANIC that day if it was 10' in front of him

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »
...no I wasn't perfect by any means but he couldn't hit the TITANIC that day if it was 10' in front of him

Maybe he should try THIS disc... http://www.discgolfassoc.com/equipment/discs/titanic.html

Just sayin'...
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2010, 12:49:57 PM »
...no I wasn't perfect by any means but he couldn't hit the TITANIC that day if it was 10' in front of him

Maybe he should try THIS disc... http://www.discgolfassoc.com/equipment/discs/titanic.html

Just sayin'...
;D ;D ;D 8)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2010, 12:57:18 PM »
I have the prior version mold of this oherwise known as the APX..I have in excess of 75 now that I last counted, I will sell a few if you need to help your game....Starting price for non-first run, non-glows, non-swirls will start at $11 for this no longer in production version of the disc in better plastic than currently used....First runs $30, Swirls, $3, (I hate that plastic, I think I have 3) Glows would be $15.... ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2010, 01:21:49 PM »
GUESS my partner knows what BUTTONS to PUSH cuz now I'M PLAYING in this AGAIN  ;D ;D ;D ;D hope to ENJOY the SHOW ;D ;D ;D ;D

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2010, 01:22:41 PM »
I guess the point about Worst Shot was that to be a "State Doubles Champion,"  your team has to overcome multiple challenges.  I see Worst Shot as one of those.  You play as a team, not an individual.  As a result, you both need to make that 10ft putt, not just have your partner bail you out.  How else can you call yourself the best team of players?

Would I play Worst Shot voluntarily?  No.  But do I see it as an important part of a serious 4 round doubles event?  Absolutely.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »
GUESS my partner knows what BUTTONS to PUSH cuz now I'M PLAYING in this AGAIN  ;D ;D ;D ;D hope to ENJOY the SHOW ;D ;D ;D ;D

That's good to hear.  You have plenty of skills to give this a good run.  Just play smart on those 6 worst shot holes ;).

GOT D??? do u

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2010, 01:26:44 PM »

That's good to hear.  You have plenty of skills to give this a good run.  Just play smart on those 6 worst shot holes ;).
thanks Chris :)

eeastwood

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2010, 03:12:13 PM »
I don't like the idea of worst shot either.  It really doesn't reward good shots, only penalize bad ones.  If you had an ace out there in those particular 6 holes, then that would really suck not to be able to count in on the scorecard (unless by some miracle, both partners do it).   That being said, it would only be 6 holes out of 72 and if the right 6 holes are picked then it shouldn't be that big of an issue. 

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2010, 03:23:10 PM »
I don't like the idea of worst shot either.  It really doesn't reward good shots, only penalize bad ones.  If you had an ace out there in those particular 6 holes, then that would really suck not to be able to count in on the scorecard (unless by some miracle, both partners do it).   That being said, it would only be 6 holes out of 72 and if the right 6 holes are picked then it shouldn't be that big of an issue. 

The only thing I'd nitpick about is having the 666 format in the 4th round.  Personally, I'd like to see it earlier so you can press a little more in the 4th round (Worst Shot doesn't really let you press), but either way it will be fun.