Author Topic: 1/3/06 EC Meeting  (Read 1544 times)

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« on: January 10, 2006, 10:49:27 AM »
The minutes of the most recent executive committee meeting have been posted in the Club Business section. If you would like to discuss the meeting and/or minutes this would be a good place to do so.

KM
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 12:40:37 PM »
Thanks Kevin!  It's great to be informed.  Too bad about Wakarusa and the WO same weekend I was hoping to do both this year  :?
Rosedale Preservation Society Member

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 03:01:02 PM »
I think bag tags should be included in part of the club membership package....even if we have to tack on $5 more per membership or something.  That way you don't have some people with them and some without, atleast any one who paid thier dues to the club would have one.  That would also be a way of making sure too many people at leagues aren't saying they are a club member when they actually aren't, they would have a tag on thier bag to prove it....

Just an idea....but I think the bag tag idea sounds great....maybe we could get something going for new members and existing members could either purchase one now or just get it when they renew.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 03:32:17 PM »
I like the bag tags and even saw a great idea that Posted about a couple months ago:

KCFDC on one side, # on the other, Decorative and useful :D

Maybe even color code them (This is all from another site which I just saw that Ted Keith replied about)
TAG 1 Gold(orange)
2-10 Silver
11-29 Red
30-50 Blue
51-114 Black
14 womens TAGs Purple

Here is the company to contact about making an order Bottle Opener Tags

Flip

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 05:44:37 PM »
I second the bottle opener/tag idea- cheap, functional and easy to carry.  I also think they would make a good incentive for renewing/joining the club.

-Sean

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2006, 09:24:35 PM »
The link is Broke, if someone could find these, we probably could use the guy that carved the first run of Bag Tags, something like this would be an extra fee instead of the mini, but if you wanted to purchase it, it sounds great.  I believe that Ted Keith and Jamie Danger are working on a bag tag idea, this would be a good one.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2006, 09:58:51 PM »
Quote from: "jack"
The link is Broke, if someone could find these, we probably could use the guy that carved the first run of Bag Tags, something like this would be an extra fee instead of the mini, but if you wanted to purchase it, it sounds great.  I believe that Ted Keith and Jamie Danger are working on a bag tag idea, this would be a good one.

Link worked for me Jack but here it is again if you want check out the company that makes these

http://www.lazerdesigns.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Product_Code=BODW&Screen=PROD&Category_Code=03

It sounds like you already have some people working on this but if not I'd be happy to help out with this.  I don't know how many we'd need but the prices are listed on their site 150-249 $1.25each, 250-499 $0.85 each.  That should be enough for the club right?  Just let me know if I can help.

-Dennis

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2006, 07:56:12 AM »
$0.85 each???  That is dirt cheap...or is that without engraving?

If that is ready to use then that is really cheap, I'd buy 20 myself just to get the thing going, and pass them out to anyone who played league.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

DJayhawk

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2006, 08:03:42 AM »
"Discount Pricing each based on quantity
All prices include engraving"

So for the $0.85 per you have to order at least 250 of them.  If you only want 20 they are $2.25 each.  I dont know how many members we have in the club, I think I heard once around 140.  If thats accurate we'd be looking at probably $1.25 each.  If the club sells them for $5 we could actually make a little money off them.

Edit:  If we want the number on one side and our club name and year on the other it's $0.20 extra each for 2 sided engraving.

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
1/3/06 EC Meeting
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2006, 08:11:07 AM »
I understand having to order 250, and I don't see that being a problem.  Lights cost $2 at league and people buy those like crazy, why not offer club memebers a tag for $1 then sell them at tournaments for $5 like you said.  I bet they would be gone in a couple months...if that.
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word