Author Topic: Gained some street cred at Rosedale  (Read 2026 times)

xTxExCxHx9x

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Gained some street cred at Rosedale
« on: June 28, 2010, 08:40:21 PM »
I was at Rosedale Monday night around 6:30. I was throwing a second shot at a car parked on top of the mound, because c'mon what dumbass parks in the middle of a fairway...  Anyway I missed it and walked past noticing that the car was running and the doors were open. A thought of Grand Theft Auto crossed my mind, but I decided to finish the round. 5 mins later while I was putting a group of teenagers rushed out of the woods from hole 10. They were yelling at two kids who were running straight for the car. One kid reached the car and pulled out a shotgun. The other one jumped in the driver side and they took off down the street toward me and the group of kids. As he passes the kids he shoots into the crowd hitting one kid in the face/chest, and a girl in the arm/chest. Luckily it was just birdshot and they were just surface wounds. As the car drove past me I dropped to the ground not wanting to get caught in any crossfire. The group I was with kinda looked stunned and we booked it to the next tee. The kicker, no one called the cops... No golfers, no softball players, no one. I didn't even hear sirens.

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Gained some street cred at Rosedale
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 09:05:06 PM »
wow,glad your ok,might need a change on shorts after that

Disciple

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 10:10:11 PM »
I was playing up top around 8 or 8:30 monday night and 5 cop cars show up all at once in a hurry. The first car had lights on but no sirens. Sounds like they showed up 2 hours late :o
Student of the Disc
JHARV 171

Beat Hummel

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 06:32:14 AM »
Drive-by's at Rosie, Bodies at Swope, good times!!!

lucky4ever247

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 06:46:35 AM »
Keep your neckbeard down so as not to get your head shot off the top of it!
How long till there is a body found at yates? Maybe we should start a poll..
RELAX!!!   I do All my own stunts!!!!!

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 07:33:05 AM »
How long till there is a body found at Yates? Maybe we should start a poll...

Will the body be that of:
1) A Birdie, or
2) An Eagle

It surely won't be that of a Snowman  8)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 09:41:58 AM »
stop, drop and pray VS run like hell in a zig zag pattern. both seemed to work in this instance. street cred or street smarts?
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »
ok.....so no one called the cops?  People were shot.....I know Keizer stance on not calling the police even in this instance surely would warrant a call....getting a license plate #, etc....wow, first off glad no one got hurt, but we have a need to keep our parks safe and in turn when you see something inappropriate, please let the hired help handle the situation.....

WOW.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 09:45:39 AM »
here's my 50 cents, "summertime is the killing season, it's hot out at at rosie and that's enuf reason"
espouse elucidation

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 10:07:37 AM »
Conceal and carry.

This is a 44. Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world. It can take your head clean off. You've got to ask yourself one question, Do I feel lucky?

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 10:08:07 AM »
WOW.....

this is the busiest course in town!  i used to think swope and cliff were shady....

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 10:41:38 AM »
I was out at Rosedale last night as well, but didn't hear anything about this until I finished my round.  The second something like this happens again, people really need to be diligent and call the cops, especially when firearms are involved.  There are too many innocent bystanders in that park not to.

xTxExCxHx9x

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 02:33:46 PM »
I would have called but I had some illicit narcotics on me and didn't want that to interfere with their investigation. I would have thought the straight edge softball players would have called.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »
when you call in they aren't going to search you, you don't even have to leave your name, just call 911, say what you saw, and then say, I am not going to stay around here, but someone should know.

I know that some people would prefer to not be in a position to talk to the police, but if they came fast enough possibly others would chime in and they would have more information to deter this type of behavior.

The other thing that coems to mind is that if we ignore this type of behavior in our park and the people that did this may think this is an easy place to do that, so they come back.....I don't want them in my park while I am playing with my 4yr old or 11 yr old, would you?

Keep them the F*(& out, make it known that we as people that enjoy the park are going to tolerate this type of behavior in our park.....

Safety first though, get yourself in the duck and cover mode and take care of yourself, but if I were the person that got lightly hit by at Dick Cheney type blast, I would still want the people apprehended......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 03:07:24 PM »
when you call in they aren't going to search you, you don't even have to leave your name, just call 911, say what you saw, and then say, I am not going to stay around here, but someone should know.

I know that some people would prefer to not be in a position to talk to the police, but if they came fast enough possibly others would chime in and they would have more information to deter this type of behavior.

The other thing that coems to mind is that if we ignore this type of behavior in our park and the people that did this may think this is an easy place to do that, so they come back.....I don't want them in my park while I am playing with my 4yr old or 11 yr old, would you?

Keep them the F*(& out, make it known that we as people that enjoy the park are going to tolerate this type of behavior in our park.....

Safety first though, get yourself in the duck and cover mode and take care of yourself, but if I were the person that got lightly hit by at Dick Cheney type blast, I would still want the people apprehended......

After returning their fire with multiple, large caliber rounds from a properly permitted weapon, they would get the message too.