Author Topic: Gained some street cred at Rosedale  (Read 1984 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Gained some street cred at Rosedale
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 03:10:49 PM »
when you call in they aren't going to search you, you don't even have to leave your name, just call 911, say what you saw, and then say, I am not going to stay around here, but someone should know.

I know that some people would prefer to not be in a position to talk to the police, but if they came fast enough possibly others would chime in and they would have more information to deter this type of behavior.

The other thing that coems to mind is that if we ignore this type of behavior in our park and the people that did this may think this is an easy place to do that, so they come back.....I don't want them in my park while I am playing with my 4yr old or 11 yr old, would you?

Keep them the F*(& out, make it known that we as people that enjoy the park are going to tolerate this type of behavior in our park.....

Safety first though, get yourself in the duck and cover mode and take care of yourself, but if I were the person that got lightly hit by at Dick Cheney type blast, I would still want the people apprehended......

After returning their fire with multiple, large caliber rounds from a properly permitted weapon, they would get the message too.

While hopefully avoiding hitting the other 200-300 innocent bystanders in the park.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 03:48:32 PM by Timko »

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 03:17:50 PM »
when you call in they aren't going to search you, you don't even have to leave your name, just call 911, say what you saw, and then say, I am not going to stay around here, but someone should know.

I know that some people would prefer to not be in a position to talk to the police, but if they came fast enough possibly others would chime in and they would have more information to deter this type of behavior.

The other thing that coems to mind is that if we ignore this type of behavior in our park and the people that did this may think this is an easy place to do that, so they come back.....I don't want them in my park while I am playing with my 4yr old or 11 yr old, would you?

Keep them the F*(& out, make it known that we as people that enjoy the park are going to tolerate this type of behavior in our park.....

Safety first though, get yourself in the duck and cover mode and take care of yourself, but if I were the person that got lightly hit by at Dick Cheney type blast, I would still want the people apprehended......

After returning their fire with multiple, large caliber rounds from a properly permitted weapon, they would get the message too.

Great minds think alike sir...just saying!!!
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

hyzerponix

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »
This thread has potential, I'm making the popcorn now... ;D

steuty

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 03:56:59 PM »
Drive-by's at Rosie, Bodies at Swope, good times!!!

and who said disc golf wasn't a dangerous sport!!!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 04:31:31 PM »

As serious as I feel this thread is, I just couldn't stop but thinking of Keizer sitting back waiting for his computer to go "Ding" another comment is in......cracking me up.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 04:46:40 PM »
i agree with tom that violence is cool, what kind of society would think that killing is wrong? we have an american army to do 'em up overseas, we can vacuum the young uns up to the second trimester, we legalize capital punishment in most states, and allow short people to conceal and carry, and judicially permit self defense of person and property.
espouse elucidation

hyzerponix

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 04:46:55 PM »

As serious as I feel this thread is, I just couldn't stop but thinking of Keizer sitting back waiting for his computer to go "Ding" another comment is in......cracking me up.....

Yep, guilty! ;D

But man, it's not like the people who did this idiotic act are going to be meeting up at Rosie once a week for Shootout League. I hope they get caught, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over this, that's for sure.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 05:03:01 PM »
...and allow short people to conceal and carry...

NOW I'll chime in... True, I'm not Happy >:( that peeps believe they must shoot for anything besides birdies at Rosey  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 08:55:39 PM »
i meant short tempered people, the kind that get the permit.
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 10:24:26 AM »
http://www.kcsr.org/showthread.php?s=4e5189f1cf58123738815ac9108a2f79&t=66120&page=2

Page 2 has a picture of the poor kid looks like he had about 30-35 pellets hit him primarily in the chest, a few in the groin.....sux....

It appears to be a fight gone awry, and this is not the first instance in the kid that was shot's life....hes 15, hanging with a crowd that is bad, and the story appears as though they went to start a fight, and it led to the gunshot......man thats crazy.  I have reached out to the brother/sister of the hurt victim to ask if there is anything we can and I have asked that this information get back to WyCo P&R.  Turns out the car was stolen but the kid that shot the gun is known.  Hopefully others will step up with this information.....man crazy world today is, crazy world....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 11:15:37 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 10:25:25 AM »
BTW, I thought that our forum was bad.....I have to give it up to most of our people in our group talking respectably with most other people in here, this thread shows an ugly side of discussions....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2010, 10:39:53 AM »
BTW, I thought that our forum was bad.....I have to give it up to most of our people in our group talking respectably with most other people in here, this thread shows an ugly side of discussions....

I have to agree with Jack.  Man.....every other word.  Felt like I was reading a "What people say when they don't know how to speak" forum.  (My politically correct version for a title that is)    ;D
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2010, 10:46:16 AM »
i agree with tom that violence is cool, what kind of society would think that killing is wrong? we have an american army to do 'em up overseas, we can vacuum the young uns up to the second trimester, we legalize capital punishment in most states, and allow short people to conceal and carry, and judicially permit self defense of person and property.

Actually I think violence sucks, Danger.  :'(

All I'm sayin is if your sittin at a bar, or in a restaurant, classroom, or disc golf course, and some nutzoid comes in blastin, if Joe Redneck over in the corner happened to have his own weapon, he could not only potentially save some lives, but also save the state huge dollars by taking said nutzoid out, thus eliminating the need for a trial, appeals, and incarcaration.

Of course, the bleeding hearts would say the poor nutzoid that was shooting innocent citizens randomly was either ill, or was mistreated as a child, or whatever excuse they can come up with to make the nutzoid out to be the victim and detract from the crime they were commiting.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 10:57:50 AM by Tom »

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2010, 11:23:31 AM »
this is the great debate, to shoot people brandishing weapons or run like hell<in a zig zag pattern>. as far as saving tax dollars, look at the military budget! we could be cool and kill as many people overseas for 1/1000th of what we currently spend by concealing our actions, or we could suck and entice confused high school kids to make a career out of killing. bad people carry guns, that's a fact. short<tempered> people feel a need to carry aswell. if violence sucks, would you turn in Joe Redneck for an illegal carry or use? and eliminate the need for trials appeals and incarceration? you have changed my mind now i think violence sucks, nobody should be killed, even they're guilty of murder, abortion, terrorism or protecting their homeland. keep the jails open though, we gotta punish the nutzoids somehow. pass the popcorn mike.
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2010, 12:15:50 PM »
wow......who needs cable directv
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs