Author Topic: Swiggity Swope Minifizzle 7-06 - Clubhouse Goes on Lockdown!!!  (Read 1286 times)

Beat Hummel

So everybody has had that moment when you either realize you have just locked your keys in your car or you are getting pulled over by the police, the one where your stomach drops and you say to yourself "oh sh1t".  Had that moment tonight.  Sent out 4 cards to start the night on a beautiful wind-free evening, locked the clubhouse, turned towards my group on hole 1, and instantly realized i had locked my bag with all my discs, my car keys, wallet,and all the league money inside, along with 2 sets of keys to the aforementioned clubhouse.  Luckily i HAD everything i needed outside the clubhouse: mini-cooler with 6 beers, my groups' scorecard, a pencil, and my cellphone.  The ONE man we knew had a key was called, and i owe a HUGE THANKS TO DAN CASHEN for showing up a while later and bailing me out.  In the meanwhile thank you to Jesse and Eric for letting me borrow an excalibur, wraith, cro, and aviar to play with the first 15 holes.  After starting 3 under after 8 holes with loner discs that i never throw i had an epiphany that i should simplify my bag, then after dropping 7 strokes in 5 holes i determined i wanted MY bag back and i hate the Cro :-[

No wasp injuries, dead carcasses  (human or non-human), stabbings, triple circle nines, or sour times were reported,although vehicular fornication was spotted pre-round.  Lee(ve my dog alone) Killian reported that they tried to rouse 2 casual players into playing league next week, and the next hole one of the casual players slammed an ace on hole #7.  In more relevant ace news, Jesse "Miami Vice" Dreiling SLAMMED dead center chains on hole #3 short, and cut straight through, dropping a foot behind the basket-it was sweet and I paid him a dollar.  Then Eric "the intimidator" Eastwood bounced off the top of hole #18 short, and i paid him a dollar.  Then they used my dollar to pay each other. I felt used.  Scores:

Open:
Beckett "Natty Light"  Carduff                                  49   ($14)
Leeve my %$#@ing dog alone Killian                            51    ($4)
James Hugh Hefner                                                52
Matt Haaaaaaazzzzzzeeeeeee                                  56

Masterplayers:
Brian "Game On" Gammon                                          49   ($7)
Kelly "Ladies Man " Warren                                        54   ($1.50)
James "look at that van a rockin over there" Mclaughlin  54   ($1.50)
Jim Sherwood Forest                                                54   (bounced out)

Short Bus:
Jesse "Miami Vice" Dreiling                                         50   (7 KCCASH)
Eric "the Intimidator" Eastwood                                  53   (5 KCCASH)
Neckface                                                               56
Burnt Wood Larry a.k.a. Nash Lawrence                      58
Humble                                                                  DNP  (Did Not Participate)
Ben Gloonis                                                            DNS   (Did Not Standaflockinchanceifhewouldhaveshowedup)

Ladies:
Suzette:  "Where's my money at, SON!"                      63  ($6)
Becky Stebbinzzzzzz                                                77

-Crobeard-
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:43:13 PM by Neckbeard »

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Swiggity Swope Minifizzle 7-06 - Clubhouse Goes on Lockdown!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 06:56:27 AM »
this may be the best run down of league happenings I have seen yet!!!!  Sounds like all the fun stuff happens at Swope..
1)Your mother doesn't play disc golf so pick up your trash!

2)Mike Keizer knows all the badass places to eat.

3)John Theiss has plastic and chains running through his blood.

4)Barton knows whats up!

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 07:04:19 AM »
Great storytelling there, Crobeard  ;D  I feel bad I missed out  :'(
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17
2013: 3, 40, 10, 148, 32, 19, 84, 184, 15, 1, 118
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:53:46 AM »
this may be the best run down of league happenings I have seen yet!!!!  Sounds like all the fun stuff happens at Swope..

;D  Good stuff. I wish I had been there.

Instead I spent the evening with beer league at WyCo and lost my keys. Ford key with two other keys on a ring with a PDGA 2010 Renewal tag on it. I put them in a pocket that had a hole in it so they could be anywhere out there. I blame it on the beer. If you find them, I'd love to have them back. One of the keys is to my bicycle lock and I might want to ride it again some day.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Beat Hummel

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:06:23 AM »
Great storytelling there, Crobeard  Grin  I feel bad I missed out  Cry

I can drink Old Crow like a champ, but I throw the Innova Cro like a chump...I could have used your expertise CD-I recall last time I played with you on a WINDY league night at Rosie you were parking numerous holes with your 166 Cro off the tee pad.  In fact that round I was having so much fun watching you and Tank both beat me by a dozen strokes i left my golf-stool on the course.....DOH!

Sounds like all the fun stuff happens at Swope.

Swope rules, i am hoping that one of these weeks we can get more than 12 people out there for a league night!  Thanks to all the regulars who have been making the weekly pilgrimage to Kansas City's most murder-filled awesome Tuesday night league!!!

hyzerponix

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 03:55:30 PM »
Awesome rundown! :D

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 04:08:32 PM »
Murder is in the eye of the beholder.
Crush and drop the cans. Aluminum is made from bauxite. Only one place produces it. Jamaica. Go figger.
Pack your bottles out.
Trees and smoke gets in your eyes.
I'm wearin' my wellies tonight!
The world is an oyster, but at Swope the frogs rule on 13.

Thanx Spencer

Slimy

I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 05:02:24 PM »
Spencer, you know it's Lawrence right? I thought you were just joking when you called me Larry last night, but after seeing you called me that on the last two score posts I thought I'd check.

I've been called a lot of things in my life, but never "burnt wood."  :D
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

Beat Hummel

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 05:42:39 PM »
Spencer, you know it's Lawrence right?

I prefer Larry. Same thing anyways.  Like Mike and Michael.  I myself, having  had the middle name Laurence for as long as I can remember, sometimes go by Spencer Larry.  Also sometimes I go by Spencer Laurence, Larry Laurence, Larry Spencer, and Neckbeard.  I occasionally go by the alias' Francois Dillinger, and "Dude".

I fixed the post for you, Mr. Lawrence :o

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 08:44:43 PM »
Nobody calls me Lebowski. You got the wrong guy. I'm the Dude, man.

Beat Hummel

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 08:55:29 PM »
"or El Dudarino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing, man."

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 06:41:19 AM »

"Do you mind if I do a jay?"
1)Your mother doesn't play disc golf so pick up your trash!

2)Mike Keizer knows all the badass places to eat.

3)John Theiss has plastic and chains running through his blood.

4)Barton knows whats up!

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 10:55:55 AM »

"Do you mind if I do a jay?"

Y'make one helluva caucasian, Jackie.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 08:25:46 AM »
So everybody has had that moment when you either realize you have just locked your keys in your car or you are getting pulled over by the police, the one where your stomach drops and you say to yourself "oh sh1t".  Had that moment tonight.  Sent out 4 cards to start the night on a beautiful wind-free evening, locked the clubhouse, turned towards my group on hole 1, and instantly realized i had locked my bag with all my discs, my car keys, wallet,and all the league money inside, along with 2 sets of keys to the aforementioned clubhouse.  Luckily i HAD everything i needed outside the clubhouse: mini-cooler with 6 beers, my groups' scorecard, a pencil, and my cellphone.  The ONE man we knew had a key was called, and i owe a HUGE THANKS TO DAN CASHEN for showing up a while later and bailing me out.  In the meanwhile thank you to Jesse and Eric for letting me borrow an excalibur, wraith, cro, and aviar to play with the first 15 holes.  After starting 3 under after 8 holes with loner discs that i never throw i had an epiphany that i should simplify my bag, then after dropping 7 strokes in 5 holes i determined i wanted MY bag back and i hate the Cro :-[

No wasp injuries, dead carcasses  (human or non-human), stabbings, triple circle nines, or sour times were reported,although vehicular fornication was spotted pre-round.  Lee(ve my dog alone) Killian reported that they tried to rouse 2 casual players into playing league next week, and the next hole one of the casual players slammed an ace on hole #7.  In more relevant ace news, Jesse "Miami Vice" Dreiling SLAMMED dead center chains on hole #3 short, and cut straight through, dropping a foot behind the basket-it was sweet and I paid him a dollar.  Then Eric "the intimidator" Eastwood bounced off the top of hole #18 short, and i paid him a dollar.  Then they used my dollar to pay each other. I felt used.  Scores:

Open:
Beckett "Natty Light"  Carduff                                  49   ($14)
Leeve my %$#@ing dog alone Killian                            51    ($4)
James Hugh Hefner                                                52
Matt Haaaaaaazzzzzzeeeeeee                                  56

Masterplayers:
Brian "Game On" Gammon                                          49   ($7)
Kelly "Ladies Man " Warren                                        54   ($1.50)
James "look at that van a rockin over there" Mclaughlin  54   ($1.50)
Jim Sherwood Forest                                                54   (bounced out)

Short Bus:
Jesse "Miami Vice" Dreiling                                         50   (7 KCCASH)
Eric "the Intimidator" Eastwood                                  53   (5 KCCASH)
Neckface                                                               56
Burnt Wood Larry a.k.a. Nash Lawrence                      58
Humble                                                                  DNP  (Did Not Participate)
Ben Gloonis                                                            DNS   (Did Not Standaflockinchanceifhewouldhaveshowedup)

Ladies:
Suzette:  "Where's my money at, SON!"                      63  ($6)
Becky Stebbinzzzzzz                                                77

-Crobeard-

Nice impression of Chris Berman from ESPN
Steven Disc Glover

Beat Hummel

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 05:45:55 PM »
Nice impression of Chris Berman from ESPN

I didn't have an annoying fat old bald guy in mind when i posted that, Glover....I didn't have Chris Berman in mind, either :o