Author Topic: Anyone else think LeBron needs a LeBrain?  (Read 1223 times)

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Anyone else think LeBron needs a LeBrain?
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:27:44 PM »
What a waste of time and energy that person did to announce a team.....

I'd like to announce that I will play disc golf on a course sometime next week.  I won't tell you where, but I'll give you a list of locations within Kansas City that I might be thinking of.  Then can I have all the Course Coordinators come my house where I will be having an online video previewing all the courses that I have played that are still in the ground, going over all 400+ courses, I do need some of you to film in remote areas, and those courses that are no longer in the ground, I's like to add a special tribute to the land that was once a disc golf area.

So please plan on tuning in for more about this as I plan to seek advertising for the event of companies that share this desire......

Gimme a break... I hope that they don't win 50 games, I would like to see them win only 40 so they aren't even .500, but I like Riley, so I can't hate em all, I can just say that I think its a shortcut, and I hope that they find that the shortcut was under construction and they have to go back around, and then have the tools fix the flats that they'll get from all the other teams shooting bullets at them.

They got a target, and if they don't win, is LeBron going to announce at the end of the season to wait until 2022 july 1, when he will become yet again a free agent, though at that age, he will probably need to have the hearing decoder set in his brain....

What a farce.....what a waste.....yet again why I really am not a big fan of the NBA, few players are fun to watch, ( I think Kobe is awesome, I've grown to like Pierce...) but they haven't decided to play where they could cheat...Kobe needed Shaq, Shaq came to him...LeBron couldn't get anyone to come to him so went away, its classless and says to me that he has no respect for himself to put a team on his shoulders and win.  Make those around you better and in turn you have a better team.  Go to a team with proven talent that landed more proven talent, I hope their ego's burst all over the court....

Bring on the ice, is it time for Hockey?  Is this the Eric Lindros saga?  At least when these clowns did their crying it was before they made it to the pro's, Elway, Lindross, Eli Manning, then they stuck it out with their team until they were done or let go (Lindros anyway, of course he didn't konw he had left Philly....)  Gretz cried when Peter traded him.  Its one thing when an owner does stupid things, this was all LeBrainless doing, has been for the last 2 years.  They should have traded him after his comment in 2008, "2 yrs from now I'll be a free agent, and then we'll see whats important..."  He was laready out the door.  LIsten to the ego of your players and get the cancer out.  I wonder what Craig Ehlo thinks?

I think I just became a Cav's fan.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else think LeBron needs a LeBrain?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 12:37:50 PM »
Come on, pick Legacy, pick Legacy, pick Legacy....*crosses fingers*

;D

Brad Lenheim

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »
Its not classless jack, The man stayed there and tried to make it work for 7 years!!! name one other number 1 over all pick that would stay with a losing club for that long and never ever say anything bad about the club. I think what he did was decent he left to play ball with two of his best friends, and he did it for less money than he would have got by staying. That being said the TV thing was just a waste of time, but no one should hate on him for wanting to play with friends for a club that has a chance. That is just smart planning.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 01:34:47 PM »
how is it a losing club?  They won the most games last year, they made it to the finals the year before that....I don't buy the losing team argument at all, give me something better to see how its not a selfish selfless act....u want to win, I get it, but beating friends is almost as much fun as winning with them.....sometimes more, bragging rights abound......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 02:29:27 PM »
LeBron had a chance to win a title in his hometown.  Now he's tossed that away.  There's no guarantee that they win in Miami, but they look good at the moment.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Brad Lenheim

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 02:56:30 PM »
well maybe losing club is the right term! Non championship caliber club. how is that is that a better fit. I really don't care if he would have stayed or left he is great athlete to watch no matter where he play's and all I can say is if I was 22-24 what ever his current age is. Had the money that man has! Than Id want to play in a town like miami over cleveland any day of the week even if I was born in the stadium in cleveland. Come on its Miami!!!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »
ok.....rich and miami or cleveland, no-brainer, I agree with that!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »
Miami will not win the title next year because in order to sign Bosh, Wade, and Lebron to near max deals, they're basically going to have to pay the minimum salary to every other player on their team to fill their roster and stay under the cap.  They're basically going to have a bunch of scrubs and D-leaguers playing crunch time minutes.  That's not going to work, even if the three stars stay healthy throughout the playoffs and rarely get into foul trouble.  The only way this will work is if solid role players take a significant pay cut to come play for the Heat. 

The best chance for Lebron to win would have been to go to Chicago who have the best nucleus of young players: Rose, Noah, Deng, and Boozer.  Lebron would have been the alpha dog on that team, but there's a little more ambiguity in Miami with Wade there.  Bottom line, I think the reason Lebron hasn't won a title yet is because he's not a killer like Kobe or Jordan are.  Their teammates were (and are) borderline afraid to let them down, which is definitely not the case with Lebron. 

I don't have any issue with him leaving the Cavs, but the hour-long special was a joke and came off as extremely narcissistic.  I predict the Heat flame out in the conference finals next year, while the Lakers make it another three-peat.   

hyzerponix

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 06:03:13 PM »
The NBA sucks whenever the Detroit Pistons aren't contenders.

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »
The NBA sucks whenever the Detroit Pistons aren't contenders.
i agree

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 06:59:43 PM »
The NBA sucked after Jordan retired....  the first time.
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »
oh its better now?    i only watch a few games...loved being in chgo durinb last threepeat....havent watched regularly since then....love phil jackson tho...grreat nba story....great life story....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Ash

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 11:26:18 AM »
I think the LeBron handled the situation poorly, but can't say I blame him for leaving Cleveland for Miami. Cleveland should just be happy he made their team relevant for 7 years.

I think the real ass in this situation is Dan Gilbert, acting like a pissed of ex-boyfriend over the situation is highly inappropriate for the owner of a professional sports team. I'm pretty sure within a few years he will be eating his words about who will win a title first. He said the fans of Cleveland don't deserve this, after seeing the type of person he is, he didn't deserve to make the MILLIONS he did off LeBron.
Ash Lawrence
KCFDC # 994

otter

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 03:34:09 PM »
Pretty sure MJ endured 7 seasons before rising above.  Those Pistons were a thorn to say the least.
Enshrine hallucinations...PULL!!

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 11:44:11 AM »
There's nothing wrong with any free agent going to whatever team he wants to go to.  What IS wrong is the giant buildup, ridiculous "decision" show, giant televised party afterwards, etc. etc.  Despite LeBron being nicknamed the "king" and "chosen one" the fact is he hasn't been a part of a single championship team.  Despite his being considered the "best" player in the NBA it doesn't mean squat if you don't have at least one championship ring.  The hype and build-up for this "event" wasn't justified by the facts.  The fact remains that LeBron hasn't been a champion.  Already calling the trio of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh the greatest trio in history is nonsense.  They haven't won anything together yet.  There's been many combinations of superstars in all of our major sports that never produced a championship.  Sometimes the combinations result in a clash of style, personalities, etc.  Who is going to be the Heat's center this next year?  Who is going to be their point guard?  Who is going to distribute the ball effectively to these "superstars?"  It takes more than three players to make a championship team.  The Heat have been unloading some good young talent to make room for the salaries of these three.  What kind of bench strength are the Heat going to have?  There's a lot of questions I have about the Heat for next year.  I'm not sure they'll have the depth to win a championship.  Just a hunch on my part but I think Boston takes the East again and LA the West.  Don't count on the Heat to win next year...