Author Topic: Anyone else think LeBron needs a LeBrain?  (Read 2869 times)

john theiss

• Pro Poster
Re: Anyone else think LeBron needs a LeBrain?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 12:23:55 PM »
the heat are going to run, run, run, run.  They will play just like the Suns.  The point can be shared by LeBron or Wade.  They do not need a big center that will just clog the middle and take up space and lanes for a slashing offense.   They need some big moblile bodies to lay down some fouls and body up other bigs, but no center is necessary. 

the firework show was stupid.  i am embarassed for them.  that was redonkuclous.   what is this the WWE?

hyzerponix

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 07:09:59 PM »
I just don't think Miami Heat fans deserve any of this. It's not like Miami is a storied franchise or anything. If Lebron was gonna leave Cleveland, it should have been to NYC.

GOT D??? do u

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 09:00:33 PM »
Say what you want but ALL 3 of these guy's took less money than they could have GOT ANYWHERE ELSE just to  see if they could win a CHAMPIONSHIP... ;D

Who knows they MIGHT just win the NEXT 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS IN A ROW ;D THEY want to BUILD their OWN DYNASTY

I bet they could get SHAQ to come back REAL CHEAP just to go out with a RING on his finger... They only need him to come off the bench for 20 to 25 min a game...

Gonna get my tickets to the EXHIBITION GAME Oct. 8...  ;D It'll be FLOCKING AWESOME GUARANTEED  :o ;D ;D ;D ;D

discman

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 02:23:09 AM »
i'm not an NBA fan at all, but i do think that lebron doesn't deserve all the crap he's getting.  it seems pretty regularly that a player in any sport learns through the media instead of the organization that he's playing for that he's been cut or traded, so whats the difference.  the tables were turned and good for him. 

he was a free agent, free to do what he wanted.  doesn't hurt that he was at the top of his game.  and you can't tell me that the owner or GM whoever it was that made an ass of himself in bashing lebron has never done that before.  that was probably a somewhat regular occurance in the way he handled business.  i wouldn't like to play for a guy like that.

also if he were to tell anybody, the team, the fans, whoever, word wouldve gotten out before signing day and who knows what chaos wouldve ensued.  I can't say i completely agree with the way he went about things, but he's a classy 25 year old that handles himself very well (for what i know) and like caleb said is taking less money.  he wants to win, who doesn't

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 03:22:49 PM »
Who is going to be their point guard?  Who is going to distribute the ball effectively to these "superstars?"
That would be "Super" Mario Chalmers. You gotta be feeling pretty good if you are him right now.
but he's a classy 25 year old that handles himself very well (for what i know)
walking off the court when he loses without shaking the other teams hands is not exactly what I would consider classy. But I have also heard that Jordan was often a pretty huge jerk off the court. But nobody talks about that side of things.

All I know is that Kevin Durant has the skills and attitude to be a Superstar that I feel comfortable telling kids its ok to be like. I'll be paying much more attention to him and the Thunder than the Heat and their 3 Am"Egos".
PDGA 39363

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 04:54:57 PM »
I love the NBA, I have for a few decades. I have had many, upon many conversations with people about players making sooo much money, which is partly the reason people don't like it. But whats the difference in being the top 1% of your industry and making a pretty penny, like disc golf, wait, wrong thread... I'll save that one for a later date....

An owner can up and throw you on the trade block anytime he wants to and dump you to another team, unless you have a no trade clause in your contract( which only 10% can demand). Sticking it out and signing another deal 2 years ago with the Cavs like he did on the promise that they would bring him help... They DID NOT... So he explored his options, and agreed with Bosh and Wade 2 years ago (allegedly) to all sign together in Twenty-ten...

Magic needed Worthy, Rambis, and Lou Al Cinder

Jordan needed Pippen and Cartwright

Kobe needed the Big Aristotle or Gasol

Pierce needed Garnett and Jesus Shuttleworth ("He got game" reference")

Bron-Bron needs Bosh and Wade...

that's just the way it is..

I have absolutely no problem with his decision, but I do think the way he did was weak sauce to say the least...

Get over yourself Prince james and stop quitting on your team in the playoffs (again, allegedly)

ps. Pistons SUCK!!!!!  :P
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 05:02:21 PM »
I just don't think Miami Heat fans deserve any of this. It's not like Miami is a storied franchise or anything. If Lebron was gonna leave Cleveland, it should have been to NYC.
                        Seriously Mike????  NYC????  ???  ??? Do you also mind the stepchildren?  ;D
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!