Author Topic: 2010 Mighty Shunga Open A-tier September 25th-26th Topeka KS  (Read 4022 times)

coops

Re: 2010 Mighty Shunga Open A-tier September 25th-26th Topeka KS
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »
Couple of questions...

First, on some of the baskets at the lake course I noticed that the chain assemblies were not allowing the chains to slide back down after being hit by a disc. Is it allowable to fix that before one putts? I would assume so and can't find anything that would seem to prohibit it but wanted to clarify that.

Second, where is the alt lake course located? And what is the best way to get there once it is up?

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2010, 10:15:24 PM »
You can adjust the chains before you putt.  The county thinks it is a good idea to spray paint the baskets silver every year for some reason, and I think this may have something to do with the chains sticking.  The Lake Alt will be set up tomorrow, and hole 1 is right across (south) of the regular ls parking lot.  The course plays out to the west, then back.  We will have league there tomorrow night.

kchippie

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 07:31:27 AM »
Hitch'en a ride.  Can anyone give me a ride to Topeka?  I got gas money and more.  I really want to play but don't want to leave my girl with out a vehicle so any help would be awesome. Thanks.
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my brand new disc the most.

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 09:23:32 AM »
Going to rope off all of the ob's and paint all the circles this morning/today.  Baskets will be at big shunga until about 4pm today at which point they will be moved to the lake alternate which will be ready to play by about 6. 

I am going to be taking pics of each hole at both alternate courses, and any modified holes at the original courses today and will post a link tonight.  Registrations are flowing in at this point, so get signed up  soon if you plan on attending the event.  There will be $2000 cash added to the pro payouts, and $1000+ to the am payouts.  Not to mention the $80 value Am players pack. 

The ctp qualifying will be done all evening friday, all day sat, and sunday, with the finals taking place at the conclusion of the tournament.  THE WINNER WILL RECEIVE A $400 VALUE PORTABLE CHAINSTAR BASKET! Help make this tournament better and have a chance at a tournament quality basket at the same time. 

Also a reminder that if you have anyone that won't be participating in the tournament but would like to come to the players party, they are definately welcome.  We will be selling the wristbands at registration and that night for $7 a piece.  That includes a killer live band, bbq, and drinks.  Mini golf, sponsored by Ching, and being ran by Disc golf Dicks will be held at the players party all evening for $3 per round.  A mini basket will be awarded to the winner of that.... unless it's Dick, he already has too many (-;

Help us out and get your registration in SOON.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 10:11:49 AM »
I may have too many but I don't have enough good ones so I will be waiting it out until the end to see if I can post the best score in the dark.   

Also if I could just throw this out there regarding the OB's that you mark.  Last year I noticed on 1 hole in particular (the big par 5ish 18 maybe? on the temp course) you only gave 30ft on one side of the basket in which to land.   That side was the short side and I felt it was a bit much to ask people to throw 2 GREAT shots to have only 1 spot to land for  a hopeful birdie 4 and it be short. 

I am of the opinion that you at least give a player 2 if not 3 options to land.   I would ask you put 30ft on one side, if not both,  and maybe make the back side round 15-20ft .   Anyway I will enjoy what ever you set up I just wanted to give you an opinion.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
Dick, I will make the change.  I was wondering if we may have had it a little close on that hole last year. 

coops

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 11:29:42 AM »
So all OBs will be done by tomorrow? Correct?

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 03:16:46 PM »
Dick, I will make the change.  I was wondering if we may have had it a little close on that hole last year. 

A little.  But I felt the hole it self was fun. 
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »
All of the ob's for the lake alt are in.  We haven't done the ob's at normal lake and won't until hopefully tomorrow, likely thurs.  They haven't mowed the normal lake so we didn't want to do them yet.  Big Shunga should be done.  Crestview gold is done. 

Dick- you will like 18... unless you throw out!

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 04:11:34 PM »
Going OB does not make me dislike a hole.  Only my own personal game.   
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2010, 06:25:00 PM »
my personal game makes me mad too. 

The temp lake course is set up and ready for play.  Some changes as follows....

Hole 4 has ob rope (had it last year but was a straight shot) that is a dog leg left with a risk/reward birdie opp.

Hole 5. Tee is where it was, but may be moved behind the pine to force either an anny or hyzer.

Hole 9 Has ob to the left AND right and long now.

Hole 10 Has ob to the right.

Hole 12  Will play as an island shot for the a-tier... must clear sidewalk and there is ob right, left, and long (short of water).  Ob's apply to b-tier but won't be penalized for not clearing the sidewalk.

Hole 16 was shortened due to the two big pine trees that were cut down... pretty much ruining the hole.  Is now a risk reward birdie opp.

Hole 18 has a slightly different ob setup and will play harder... but fair.

Big Shunga... Hole 3 pad has moved forward and up against the trees forcing a big anny with risk reward bidie opp.

Lake Shawnee Original...
Hole 10 will have ob to the right and left (sidewalk), causing hole 9 to have ob long of the basket.
Hole 11 will have ob left as well and long. 
These aren't marked yet as they will be mowing tomorrow.
Hole 17 will have ob left.

Crestview gold will be like it was last year...

League tomorrow night at LAke alternate at 6.  Come out and let us know what you think!

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2010, 06:26:31 PM »
btw... over 1 mile of ob stakes/twine was set today by Leo and myself.  Will be another mile installed on shunga and lake tomorrow!

coops

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2010, 06:29:46 PM »
What is the cost for league? I think I'm going to make it out to check out the Lake Alt and just want to make sure I've got the right amount

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2010, 07:55:15 PM »
league is $4 for non members and $1 ace fund if interested.  Hope to see you tomorrow.

Dan Z.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 02:55:25 PM »
 I am searching for someone to split and share a room for the Mighty Shunga. I have a room on hold already, but would much prefer to share the cost. If your interested call me. 913-271-2369       Dan Z
DZ