Author Topic: Pro Worlds '10  (Read 3835 times)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Pro Worlds '10
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
Just a friendly update.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 05:39:51 PM »
Paul Ulibari making his mark on the first round.   Tied up with Jesper at -11
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »
Matty O, and Liz Lopez
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

aarong

• Am Poster
  • no low putts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 08:31:45 PM »
CARR for sure! and i'd like to see DOSS get the hat trick!

coops

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 07:21:26 AM »
CARR for sure! and i'd like to see DOSS get the hat trick!

Me too, but both Feldberg and Climo have been playing very well this year, its hard for me to pick against them.

Go Liz Carr!!!

aarong

• Am Poster
  • no low putts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 07:25:57 AM »
yeah, climo getting his 13th would be awesome too. i'm not a huge fan of feldberg but he's GOOD and been playing well lately. 

coops

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 08:33:47 AM »
I wasn't a huge fan of Feldberg until someone made the observation about him that he is probably just misunderstood and a little awkward, or something like that. Most people don't like him because they think he is either arrogant or a douche or whatever but I think if you can get by potential character pitfalls he is not only one of the greatest players in our game but probably a nice guy too.

I think if I'd had my druthers I'd want Doss or Climo to get it, but Feldberg has been playing too well for me to think that he doesn't stand a very very good chance of bringing it home.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 09:15:52 AM »
I watched the lead group of KC Worlds at Thornfield.
Feldberg was in it. He had the same demeanor as Ninja described. I'd say very nice guy.
I wouldn't call him awkward. Everybody has their own style.
Obviously his style works for him.

Who was the guy that does the walking putts? He was in their group. They looked questionable to me.
Steven Disc Glover

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 09:54:30 AM »
If I were choosing one of the great current players solely on consistent displays of sportsmanship, I'd go with Doss and Matty O. Climo and Leiviska are pretty good most of the time, but with some lapses.

I'm curious to see how the big dogs scores today on the red and blue courses compared to the leading masters (-19), grandmasters (-16), and leading sr grandmaster (-14). After the first nine holes, John Fowler is -6.

Let's go with a relaxed Cam Todd to win. He's got just be happy to be back, and has nothing really to prove.  My sentimental choice is Matty O because he's a consistently good guy out there.

Liz is playing tough, but I think Val will prevail.

Masters is a toss-up.

Look for Greenwell to be  battling Hos when the dust clears after Friday.

No one will touch Dr Rick. Going in, I thought it would be him or Snapper, but after yesterday, the only thing that will keep Rick away from yet another title is an injury (which has happened to him before.)

Crazy John is doing very well anchoring the daily video summaries.

Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 11:40:36 AM »
Ok it's official... I'm fully behind our new leader and stud of a playa Paul Ulibarri.  I had the good fortune to play with him this summer as he rolled through town.   You want a nice guy?  This guy is probably one of the most polite down to earth people.  And he's just a kid!   Very professional, and IMO a freaking crazy golfer to watch play.   

He hit the first tree to the right on hole #3 and was only 60 feet off the pad.  He took out a putter, and as if it were on a string, he let go of the disc and it made a perfect almost too perfect shot up around the trees and softly landed in the basket.   I knew that this dude was for real.  anyway.  GO ULIBARRI!
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 12:35:39 PM »
I met Uli at the Glass Blown.  Even though I could probably be his Dad, he's one heck of a disc'r, and extremely friendly and funny!  Watched him play as Nikko's partner in the Dynamic Duel there.  Man......the kid can throw!  8)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

kcRhyno

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 12:35:49 PM »
    I don't get all the Borg haters out there.  You can't judge a dude from a few YouTube clips.   I took 3yrs off of golf and started playing about 2 weeks before worlds last year.  One of my first rounds back I was fortunate to play a casual round with him, melody king and Pete.  I did not even know who he was at the time, just that his name was Dave.  He was a very nice guy and complemented me on some of my shots and was just an all around general nice guy.  Here is one of the best players in the world and he had no problem playing with some random golfer that at the time was playing like 870  golf.  Also, melody was a super nice chick as well, and of course it goes without saying that it is always a pleasure to play with Mr cashen.
Ryan "Rhyno" Westa
Do everyone a favor, pick up at least one piece of trash during every round.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 12:48:29 PM »
I too have played with Dave .  I was able to play with him in the first round of the Wide Open right before he won the worlds.  He was a very nice golfer and I had the same opinion as most of you who have played with him...

Then I met him off the course...

then again...

then again...

then again...

Go ULIBARRI!
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 01:10:25 PM »
dick - Nikko is rated 14 points over Paul for a reason.
borg haters remember when picard was assimilated. really though he sobs too easily, which is unmanly and boring. it's way more exciting to see a player blow up ridiculously when the worst happens than to sob and sniffle on the next pad. also it is nearly depressing when a player wins in dramatic fashion to see those same sobs and sniffles at the podium. it's way more entertaining to see a player hump a basket and screaming at the top of their lungs "I LOVE THIS GAME!!" and exiting before the awards ceremony. putt putt pass
espouse elucidation

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »
Feldberg is the Phil Hellmuth of disc golf.  He's never really lost; his opponents have just gotten really lucky.