Author Topic: Swope league 8-3 tonight, recently mowed  (Read 907 times)

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Swope league 8-3 tonight, recently mowed
« on: August 03, 2010, 01:01:18 PM »
Swope league tonight, lots of short placements out there. which means i will be donating more than likely.

Recently mowed late last week, although in some spots it looks like a third grader was driving.

Wonder why it takes so long to get the courses mowed, well it may have something to do with the crews milking the hell out of the jobs. It took the better part of three days for them to mow it.

Give me an eighteen pack and a set of keys and i'll knock that sh*t out in a day ;D. It won't look anymore half ass i promise.

Now the mower on the other hand no promises there :P
Cooter was here.

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
Re: Swope league 8-3 tonight, recently mowed
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:26:42 AM »
L
I"m sure you can mow it in a day. They used to do it with an army large tractor PTO mowers at 30 miles an hour with unskilled drivers. The results were gouged fairways, debarked trees, chewed up fallen limbs, topped off high points, chewed up trash, and very little weed eating.

Now the P&R is on a 3 week schedule, barring rain and 3 days to dry out. They now trim before mowing, use smaller agile tractors with skilled workers, and pick up most of the trash before. Realize the mowers from Swope run all of south KCMO parks, and Swope is the 2nd largest city park in the nation, NY central park is first.

No they aren't perfect, but it is far better than in previous years. Any complaints should go through the course CC. They do not allow the public to mow due to obvious reasons. Doing so unauthorized could potentially close the course.

Enjoy the fact that they do mow the whole course, did recent plantings, were awesome in getting ready for the Worlds and have pride in this plot of land.

Swope, civilized disc golf.

CivilSlim
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »
I"m sure you can mow it in a day. They used to do it with an army large tractor PTO mowers at 30 miles an hour with unskilled drivers. The results were gouged fairways, debarked trees, chewed up fallen limbs, topped off high points, chewed up trash, and very little weed eating.

i remember that brushhog system they had.  you can still see the scars at the bottom of some trees.  5" grass in some fairways and 1/2" on the mounds.

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:12:58 PM »
I'll take what i can get out there. I know they got a lot to do

But, i was out there everyday they were mowing. Not exactly the picture of efficiency.

Not trying to make a stink just tryin to get someone to pay me to drink. u think, by the way, which one's pink?

Cooter was here.

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:03:21 PM »
dick parker, i think.   :P
Drew D Neitzel

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile