Author Topic: 14th Annual Rosedale Amateur Championships - September 19, 2010  (Read 5580 times)

The Commish

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 14th Annual Rosedale Amateur Championships - September 19, 2010
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 11:02:40 AM »
Well played Mr. Simpson-

The Commish has had a problem this year getting to the end of tournaments. It has been noted and is currently under review. Projected first tournament finish - Ace Race.  

That being said, I don't think it's productive for you or Dick to participate in a tournament if you are going to play left handed. This is a learning tournament for most and nobody wants to loose to some guy throwing with his less dominate hand. It's really just poor form and a way to make others feel worse when loosing to you.

As far as gaining weight goes...YES, I suggest you put on 30 pounds or whatever it takes to get into that Medium to Large range. Perhaps a good weight gainer or some Whey protein followed up with a workout regimen could get you to that next level. Remember if you want size, do less reps with more weight. Girls dig muscles and I am sure judges will take your plea bargains more seriously if you aren't wearing a small shirt.  Guys don't wear small shirts. Not even CD wears a small.

Senor Goodell

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2010, 11:09:03 AM »
I'd be willing to wager that neither Dick nor Kevin would win this tourney in am1, even playing with their dominate hand.  ::), cause I'm gonna win.

Hurrishane

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 11:18:31 AM »
Then again my Chiefs do play Sunday at noon and missing that game might make me cry.

Watching the Chiefs game might also make you cry -- I hope the Chiefs have learned to stop that highly touted Browns running game -- so I suggest you come on out to Rosedale this Sunday.
Shane Whitaker
KCFDC #929

The Commish

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2010, 11:19:01 AM »
Tom....No

Rick is not offering an Advanced Masters Division. If history tells us anything your kryptonite is playing outside of Advanced Masters and I would never bet against kryptonite.
Senor Goodell

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2010, 11:24:48 AM »
For some reason, this tournament has produced more pre-tourney trash talk on the boards than any I've seen all year. I like it... it'll make victory all the sweeter.

So, can we expect an appearance from you, Tom?

Beat Hummel

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2010, 12:55:53 PM »
Kevin-don't feel bad about the small shirt size.  We have all worn a small shirt at one time or another (usually in elementary school).  Anyways, the Commish just wanted a chance to talk about lifting weights and men's physiques.  That's right, I said The Commish likes talking about men's physiques.  And I have a feeling that old Humble won't be playing Hole #3 at Rosie in competition for quite some time...Notice he is talking lots of smack here but when was the last time ANYONE saw him fleeing the course mid-round playing golf?  That's what I thought Commish, sitting back in your luxury suite and casting thy judgment down upon the field of play......

Commish-While I DO agree with your ruling on the left-handed idea being a bit of an insult to inferior players like Greg Lewis, lay off the advanced masters players why don't you.  Advanced masters is a tough division dude, especially with FeelerDoug playing in it these days and all.  it just got WAY tougher.

Sidenote-just went to DGW and saw that a lot of people in AM2 and AM3 are signed up for the $10 side-pool.  Each one can be classified as either a:  1)Sucker     OR    2)Bagger.  Hopefully more of the the former :o       BTBRAC

The Commish

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2010, 01:20:24 PM »
Mr. Neckbeard,

I applaud your attempt at humor, but I really think you should spend less time typing witty remarks and more time working on your long game. Leave the humor to those who have a PDGA rating over 906. I would cut and copy the list of people who fit that criteria, but it is far too long. I will point out a couple of names that I saw on that list that really stood out to me.

Doug Kroll
Brian Palmer
Tony Dutiel
Kevin Simpson
Tom Butler
Greg Lewis

Actually, what I should have done was look at the list of people who have a rating below yours, that list would have been much easier to manage.

Kevin- My apologies for this Neckbeard fellow making fun of your small shirt. Don't feel bad its not just elementry school kids who wear them...small girls, little dogs, large midgets, and big babies also wear small shirts.

Senor Goodell

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2010, 01:39:53 PM »
I don't feel bad at all... because of my incredibly small frame, I just have to deal with the reality of having a noodle arm. I can't manage to throw those super-fast discs everyone raves about over 200 ft. unless I throw sidearm, which I do regardless of whether it's appropriate for the situation or not. Disc golf is hard  :-\

Fortunately, whenever small children become trapped under the house, it's Kevin to the rescue!

Beat Hummel

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 01:46:54 PM »
Commish-This isn't a PDGA event, and your numbers mean nothing to me.  Take them and shove them directly up your nose, Commish.  Shove em up there nice and hard.  Once again I think you should throw your hat in the ring and make this event interesting.  It could be a big story line:  "Can the Commish finish two rounds at rosie, or will the DNF union go on strike again?!?!"  Or perhaps monday's headline would be "Commish pulls reverse 3-peat, successfully completes the turkey of DNF shame."  Either way I plan on making Rosedale grab a pillow and bite down hard on Sunday while I simultaneously belittle Craig Loonis all the way to the win. So come on out and lose to the 906 :o

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2010, 01:57:43 PM »
Either way I plan on making Rosedale grab a pillow and bite down hard on Sunday while I stimulate Craig Loonis

Gay is not the way!  Sucks I'm gonna have all you fairies following behind me to the win......kind of a scary thought....

P.S. - I personally witnessed a DNF by the commish also.....funny thing....cuz his mom is really good at finishing jobs!  ;)
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

The Commish

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2010, 02:11:01 PM »
Kevin - Disc golf is a tough game. Don't be too hard on yourself. If you want to head over to the Commish's house we can set up a workout regimen and get you some Protein Powder. We will get that noodle arm pumped up and you'll be throwing those fancy fast discs in no time. I'll also even show you how to shrink a large shirt into a small, then you wont have that neckbeard character given you a hard time.

Neckbeard - Those numbers mean everything. No more giving anyone a hard time who has a rating over 906 - That included SteelerDoug now. Now feel free to make fun of those who have a rating below 906 all you want.

Slanty- The Commish doesn't quit rounds, the rounds tap out. Not my fault Rosie can't handle all this loving.

On a side note: Slanty - Mom wanted me to let you know that she picked up that 12 inch purple strap on you wanted. She said is ready to give it a shot whenever you want to come over.   
Senor Goodell

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2010, 03:31:48 PM »
Allow me to interrupt the smack out here with the latest news on the RAC: 71 people paid (listed below)

Does anyone have a TV they could bring to Rosey for Chiefs game viewing?

Jon   Benedick   Am 1
Andy Lewis  Am 1
Steve "odie"   Karpovich   Am 1
Ryan   Keck   Am 1
Eric   Kolkmeier   Am 1
Kevin   Simpson   Am 1
Chris   Timko   Am 1
David   Valdiviez   Am 1
Tracy   Walker   Am 1
Spencer    Weatherholt   Am 1
Seth   Wolzen   Am 1

Chris    Buckley   Am 2
Chase   Cooper   Am 2
Adam   Cossette   Am 2
Pauly   Cross   Am 2
Kristin   Harmon   Am 2
Josh   Kenney   Am 2
Zach   Kirby   Am 2
Dan   Kubicki   Am 2
Nic   LaHue   Am 2
Matt   MacFadden   Am 2
Tim   Mika   Am 2
Seth   Miller   Am 2
John   Murphy   Am 2
Justin   Rodgers   Am 2
Neil   Roth   Am 2
Bill   Shinoski   Am 2
Jon    Stebbins   Am 2
Kent   Turpin   Am 2
Bob   Walker   Am 2
Vlad   Wunschl   Am 2

Albert   Boetcher   Am 3
Joe   Bristow   Am 3
Matt   Burkhart   Am 3
Tim   Burkhart   Am 3
Andrew   Bussone   Am 3
Jared   Carlson   Am 3
Shawn   Cox   Am 3
Travis   Daetiler   Am 3
Steve   Dickman   Am 3
Zach   Fargo   Am 3
Julian    Garcia   Am 3
Mauricio   Garcia   Am 3
Granville   Hare   Am 3
Edwin   Hart   Am 3
Bob   Harte   Am 3
Juan   Hernandez   Am 3
Barry   Jarwick   Am 3
Mark   Komoroski   Am 3
Colby   Matthews   Am 3
Jakob   Nelson   Am 3
Ryan   Nibert   Am 3
Ben   Patterson   Am 3
Jason   Porter   Am 3
Jim   Ramey   Am 3
Brian   Schmid   Am 3
Van   Spratford   Am 3
Jason   Talley   Am 3
David    Vowiell   Am 3
Shane   Whitaker   Am 3

John   Johnson   Grandmasters
Ray   Kinnett   Grandmasters
Charlie   Tull   Grandmasters
Bob    Ward   Grandmasters

Steve   Harris   Masters
Andre   Labruyere   Masters
James   McLaughlin   Masters
Mark   Mills   Masters
Dennis   Smith   Masters

Sky   Nidiffer   Women
Becky   Stebbins   Women
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 04:14:56 PM by Rick Rothstein »
Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2010, 05:14:40 PM »
Mr. Neckbeard,

I applaud your attempt at humor, but I really think you should spend less time typing witty remarks and more time working on your long game. Leave the humor to those who have a PDGA rating over 906. I would cut and copy the list of people who fit that criteria, but it is far too long. I will point out a couple of names that I saw on that list that really stood out to me.

Doug Kroll
Brian Palmer
Tony Dutiel
Kevin Simpson
Tom Butler
Greg Lewis

Actually, what I should have done was look at the list of people who have a rating below yours, that list would have been much easier to manage.

Kevin- My apologies for this Neckbeard fellow making fun of your small shirt. Don't feel bad its not just elementry school kids who wear them...small girls, little dogs, large midgets, and big babies also wear small shirts.

Sir, I'm on no list.

Don't mess with the 16 game schedule.

My money is on Tracy.

Beat Hummel

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2010, 05:34:51 PM »
My money is on Tracy.

My money is on my mind.  And my mind is on my neckbeard.

ekolk

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2010, 07:52:07 PM »
I can't believe I read this whole thread! Pretty funny stuff. I loved talking trash when I played hoops. This game is any given day fellas (includes the commish), and anyone can come out on Sunday and whoop it or suck it. It's happened to all of us.

I'm with Tom on this one. Tracy is coming off that ace at WYCO and has got to be super confident. If attitude indicates performance (something I have said many times), I should see all of you trash talkers on the top card second round.  ;)

OUT with my money on mind and my mind on Spencer's neckbeard, E