Author Topic: going on another road trip soon  (Read 1073 times)

dogundertheporch

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
going on another road trip soon
« on: August 25, 2010, 02:24:16 PM »
Has anyone played Edmunson park up in Iowa??? Is that the most beautiful mowed place or what?? If anybody has played this course or knows other parks that play or look the same as this one in the lower Iowa area please give me some ideas gonna try some new courses if I can find some that look as good as this one.

discman

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: going on another road trip soon
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 06:43:05 PM »
Ewing park is also amazing, a must play, just south of des moines.  indianola is not too bad, but not quite to the same standard as far as course layout in my humble and not so educated opinion.
joe engelman

coops

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
If you are talking about Pickard (which I believe is in Indianola) then it is a great course, much better and more pressing to play than Ewing. Though if you are there, playing both is probably a must. Walnut Ridge is just north of Des Moines and is a great course too.

dogundertheporch

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »
you hit the nail on the head with EWING park. Thats what I am talking about. Thats the kind of course I like to play(or anything like that). Gotta hit up EWING whenever I get up that way just so I can play the back 9. I like it so much I just play the back 9 twice to get in 18. If there is any other courses like this one please let me know really would like to give them a try.

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 09:33:15 PM »
you hit the nail on the head with EWING park. Thats what I am talking about. Thats the kind of course I like to play(or anything like that). Gotta hit up EWING whenever I get up that way just so I can play the back 9. I like it so much I just play the back 9 twice to get in 18. If there is any other courses like this one please let me know really would like to give them a try.

Pickard in indianola is a unique course and one that is really fun and challenging to play...

Check out Grandview, Walnut Ridge and Big Creek... those, plus Ewing, are the crowned jewels of DSM!

http://iowadg.com/forum/index.php?sid=c84808d24aa03c8af3ca7e13aafd759b
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

lucky4ever247

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 07:16:06 AM »
Has anyone played Edmunson park up in Iowa??? Is that the most beautiful mowed place or what?? If anybody has played this course or knows other parks that play or look the same as this one in the lower Iowa area please give me some ideas gonna try some new courses if I can find some that look as good as this one.
Thats the course I learned to play on. Not a dandelion anywhere and rollers roll forever. Try maytag park in newton also. Pella has a decent lil 18 at Central College.
RELAX!!!   I do All my own stunts!!!!!

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 11:31:28 AM »
Pickard and Ewing together make for a great day-trip  :D  Don't forget to stop at Lamoni on the way  8)
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Schoen-hopper

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 01:44:37 PM »
Sweet courses in Iowa!  I gotta make it back there some day.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 02:34:05 PM »
been playing Edmundson since it was a 9 holer in 1982.....Indian Hills 30 miles away in Ottumwa is another fine course as well.  Newton is great as well if you are in the area.  what area are you heading to Memorial in Ottumwa was not a bad place Wildwood is ok as I used to play there in the early 80's as well back in the conehead basket days...wow im old.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

hyzerponix

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 02:50:04 PM »
been playing Edmundson since it was a 9 holer in 1982.....Indian Hills 30 miles away in Ottumwa is another fine course as well.  Newton is great as well if you are in the area.  what area are you heading to Memorial in Ottumwa was not a bad place Wildwood is ok as I used to play there in the early 80's as well back in the conehead basket days...wow im old.....

Just checking, as long as you're just talking Iowa disc golf courses and not recommending places to eat there... ;) :D

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 10:55:27 PM »
]

Just checking, as long as you're just talking Iowa disc golf courses and not recommending places to eat there... ;) :D

Mmmmm.....Tasty Tacos.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 11:06:47 PM »
In Boone Iowa starting Labor Day through Saturday they  have the top dirt track racers.
Steven Disc Glover

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2010, 09:54:23 AM »

I know where to eat in those towns.....Jaarsma's for breakfast in Osky.  Canteen in Ottumwa for Lunch, your choosing for dinner at any place you like and then Graham's for ice cream desert.  While there you should also get a gallon of the home made rootbeer, and a 1/2 gallon hard packed to go...man I am hungry.

How was I to know that the West End closed, and Tasty Tacos is what I said initially it just wasnt right off the interstate on the way to 313
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

hyzerponix

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 04:09:25 PM »
I should've gone to Tasty Tacos like you said at first. I think ended up at Jimmy John's that day, it's okay but you can get it here so it's nothing special.

mikedopen

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2010, 08:54:41 PM »
Bring me :D back 3 or 4 big bags of STERZINGS chips!!!! Ill pay a premium for them chips......
Mike D