Author Topic: Game time!!!  (Read 3429 times)

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
Re: Game time!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2010, 04:22:47 PM »
Chuckle, chuckle  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36, 12, 22, 36, 23, 32, 33, 57
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010, 12:57:19 AM »
Can anyone name any NCAA football programs that has won back to back national titles, Twice?

While your at it, name the top 4 winning est NCAA football programs of all time?
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010, 09:05:58 AM »
those old rich dudes did, way, way way back when.  princeton and yale.  but that's 1800's and not quite modern.

bama did though, right?  two back to  backs?   and may again this year....i think notre dame has two back to backs.  your huskers have two.  usc?  didn't pittsburgh have two back to backs?  dougie?

i think michigan had like four in a row and then two back to backs.  but they suck coc so screw them.

pinceton yale notre dame bama won the most titles.  in the modern age it would be nd, bama, mich, and usc.  but again, those guys suc coc.

i don't like nebraska but i'll cheer them against any big 10 or texas school.  but their repeat in 94-95 was some awesome football.  tommy frazier is still the best college player i've ever seen. 

go jayhawks.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2010, 10:56:48 AM »
go jayhawks.

How 'bout those Fighting Bison? I guess hoops season is right around the corner, eh?
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

hyzerponix

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2010, 06:39:05 PM »
go jayhawks.

How 'bout those Fighting Bison? I guess hoops season is right around the corner, eh?

I'll never forget that sign some Mizzou fan was holding up on College Gameday the year KU was handed a trip to the Orange Bowl. "Kansas Football: A tradition since September" :D

I hear Turner Gill is trying to be the anti-Mangino and doesn't allow cursing and other antics on the practice field. We'll see if this passive approach can get this legendary program back to its winning ways...

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2010, 09:36:34 PM »
Turner Gill is trying to be Tom Osborne, one of the greatest JV coaches of all time. JV really Timko? One thing we learned in Nebraska during the nineties is enjoy the good times. Turner is in it for the long haul, good luck to him.   

GOBIGRED
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2010, 10:50:17 AM »
Can anyone name any NCAA football programs that has won back to back national titles, Twice?
This question gets complicated because so many years were split champions due to different polls. That, and the modern AP / UPI / FWA polls didn't come into the 50's.  Keeping that in mind, the list:
-
Yale
Princeton
Harvard
USC
Oklahoma
Alabama
Ohio St.
Texas
Nebraska
Miami

While your at it, name the top 4 winning est NCAA football programs of all time?

4 Winningist Programs
-
4. Nebraska
3. ND
2. Texas
1.Michigan

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2010, 11:57:52 AM »
go jayhawks.

3 points hurts.  but i'm all on the turner gill bandwagon.  i hope he's the coach for the next 30 years and really would be glad to average a 6 win season every year just to have him as the coach.  he's solid and consistent and not fatgino

hyzerponix

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 08:36:20 AM »
Mangino was the best thing to ever happen to KU football and they threw him under the bus over what was likely BS allegations from a disgruntled player. Through all of that circus, I don't believe I ever heard stand-up guys like Reesing and Meier say anything bad about their coach.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »
go jayhawks.

3 points hurts.  but i'm all on the turner gill bandwagon.  i hope he's the coach for the next 30 years and really would be glad to average a 6 win season every year just to have him as the coach.  he's solid and consistent and not fatgino

I think Mangino was sort of jerk but a good coach.

Turner Gill is a good man...but is he is a good coach? Time will tell.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 09:13:29 PM »
both last posts are true for sure.  but sometimes a coach wears out his welcome and it's time for a change.  it may be meier, reesing and even sharp kept their tongue because it's what their family would have wanted and really, who cares what a whiny player says.  but mangino was a dick.

but he sure did give me some great memories beating mu. 

if gill is a good coach or not might not show this season at all.  i hope the freakin candyarse ku alum can be patient.  half of them don't like football anyway.....freakin hippies.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2010, 09:33:01 PM »
Looked like an impressive win over a top ranked team for the Jayhawks.
I'm still on the fence on their future success till further notice.
Steven Disc Glover

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
that georgia tech team was vastly overrated.  frankly, any option team at this point in college football is overrated.

BUT, and i hate to say this as a non-KU fan, they played a great game.  that D shut down the option and it looks like Webb might be a gamer.  Good win Jayhawks.

Talk about a tale of two weeks.

Beat Hummel

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2010, 06:11:03 PM »
half of them don't like football anyway.....freakin hippies.

william i am a KU alum, and often accused of being a hippie, and I love football.  SO THERE ;D

that georgia tech team was vastly overrated.  frankly, any option team at this point in college football is overrated.

BUT, and i hate to say this as a non-KU fan, they played a great game.  that D shut down the option and it looks like Webb might be a gamer.  Good win Jayhawks.

Talk about a tale of two weeks.

I am going to die of shock.  Palmer saying something semi-positive about KU? I underestimated your ability to discuss KU without pure hatred :o  Nothing like back-to-back upsets to start the season!

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2010, 08:20:10 PM »
Whilst my dear friend Palmer did, unfortunately appear to give the Jayhawkers a bone. I believe what Palmer meant to say is Ph     uck KU!  ;D

Not a typo...
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!