Author Topic: Footages on new holes?  (Read 1215 times)

drummerjh

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Footages on new holes?
« on: September 05, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »
Hi. I was wondering if  Chris, Riley, or Chris could give me the footages on the newly added holes... or anyone else that may have that information for that matter. I contacted dgcoursereview.com's webmaster and had him change it from a 9 hole to an 18 hole course, now I just need to send him the rest of the information (lengths) so that he can update those as well. I was also wondering if the permanent #2 (495') hole is still being considered to become hole #1 once the full 18 is completed? It really doesn't matter in casual play...but I was just wondering? League night on dgcoursereview is still listed as Wednesday nights. I'll ask him to change that too.
Well, that went a long way the wrong way.

Old Pike Mike

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Footages on new holes?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 05:53:30 PM »
We need a laser range finder to get accurate measurements.  Does anyone have one available? 

Thanks for getting us updated.  I plan to do a little work on the course over the next few days.  Saturday, I hope to be there by ten for a little work and hopefully, you and I can get a few things done Tuesday at ten. 

drummerjh

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 07:14:37 AM »
We need a laser range finder to get accurate measurements.  Does anyone have one available? 

Thanks for getting us updated.  I plan to do a little work on the course over the next few days.  Saturday, I hope to be there by ten for a little work and hopefully, you and I can get a few things done Tuesday at ten. 

Sounds good man.
Well, that went a long way the wrong way.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »
Great question, doubt that it should be here, but excellent question.

ITs a designer issue.  Some do as the crow flies, others do the preferred route.  For example, I belive that in my design at Cliff Drive, on hole #1, I believe that I shot the distance from standing on the opening to the person on the tee pad and then turned to the basket, hence not as the crow flies, but rather the method in which you should be throwing to the basket.  Same with #13, I shot it from the short baskt to the pad, then shot the basket from the other basket.....

Now had I met that silly guy Slim Belcher before i did the distances, I may have altered how I shot them with the lazer shooter..... :o ???

It depends on the designer unfortunately, there is not a solid answer for this.

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 01:33:01 PM »

For example, measure to point A, note it, go to point A, measure to point B, note it, go to point B, measure to basket and sum up the distances.

That's exactly how I measured #4 at WyCo. I have never seen anyone successfully go over the top to the basket there although I have heard it is possible. But even then they are probably throwing twice the direct distance due to the height they have to attain. I measured straight out to a preferred landing spot then measured again to the basket form there and added the two. I did this for both placements although the one in the woods hasn't been used in a very long time. I assume it's still there though.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Old Pike Mike

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 08:34:52 AM »
Great, now I have to go back to the drawing board.  At OP, I tried to use the most direct route.  But, in some cases, the likely actual route will be significantly longer. 

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 09:20:58 AM »
as stated, you can do it however you wanna Mike.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"