Author Topic: Objects for display at Old Pike  (Read 2781 times)

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Objects for display at Old Pike
« on: September 20, 2010, 09:45:46 AM »
There's quite alot of objects on alot of different holes to talk about both during and after every round.
My hole is the over the pond hole. Discglover's Sink Or Swim
I am looking for someone willing to donate or help locate a straight mannequin arm and or a large rubber alligator.
Then I would need someone to help me fabricate the alligator with red LED eyes that are solar powered. I would also like to install a motion sensor in the gator so it woud move and the eyes light up when someone walks by.
Surely I can find some fiendish fellows willing to create some fun.
Steven Disc Glover

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Re: Objects for display at Old Pike
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 11:07:29 AM »
I'll have what he's smoking
espouse elucidation

hyzerponix

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 04:39:35 PM »
We can't afford to buy what he's smoking.

Beat Hummel

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:49:02 PM »
I am looking for someone willing to donate or help locate a straight mannequin arm and or a large rubber alligator.

I can donate a GAY mannequin arm with SOME wear and tear.  And please don't ask me WHY it's a gay mannequin arm it was born that way.  And Craig Loonis has a large rubber alligator with fabricated red LED eyes that are solar-powered sitting in his basement.  his number is 785-218-QUITEATINGACID

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 11:19:41 PM »
I talked with one of our technicians at work.
He's willing to make the gator move and open its mouth with a motion sensor
Steven Disc Glover

Beat Hummel

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 06:54:34 AM »
I talked with one of our technicians at work.
He's willing to make the gator move and open its mouth with a motion sensor

Oh, okay.  You were serious. In that case Glover, I am looking for someone willing to donate or help locate a Ceramic Jesus head and or an extremely large inflatable gorilla.  THEN i would need someone to help me fabricate a mechanism which enables the gorilla to breathe fire out of its mouth or out of its ass when you throw a bad shot and is powered by magic.  Surely i can find some fiendish fellows willing to create some fun.

Now read that Glover.  It is pretty spot on to your post minus the overly sarcastic magic remark.  Now read it again.  Focus on the pads first Glover, before you begin such elaborate planning to turn this course into a miniature ball golf course with shots through clown mouths and giant windmills.  Plus your evil-red eyed gator would scare dogs and little children half to death, and would be vandalized and non-functioning really fast.  Even if it were probable it would be a terrible, tacky, crappy idea.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 07:23:22 AM »
It kinda is a mini golf course actually.   I think if you put a mini basket next to each pin you would have one hell of a mini course.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 07:49:02 AM »
I think REAL gators would be more interesting.....http://www.flickr.com/photos/53669625@N03/5011710434/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:52:05 AM by Tom »

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 11:53:26 AM »
Maybe just a sign would be enough. Just to make people wonder!!!
My original idea was to have the arm sticking out of the water but someone else came up with using a gator.
So I thought incorporating the ideas would be a neat effect.
Maybe I can still come up with an arm.
Steven Disc Glover

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »
I think REAL gators would be more interesting.....http://www.flickr.com/photos/53669625@N03/5011710434/

i was paying up to play a ball golf round at river point golf club in richmond tx just outside of houston once and there was a sign next to the starter advising golfers to stay out of the water because the "alligators are aggressive".  i asked the guy if it was a joke and he said no.  there was water on every hole on the course and i kept looking but saw nothing.  i pulled up to the 13th tee, stepped out of the cart looking straight ahead down the fairway, deciding on a club, and i turned to my left and there was one about 15' from me, out of the water with his mouth open.  he was about 5' long and probably 60-80 lbs i guess.  it's a little difficult to hit a good drive when you're looking over your shoulder.   :-[
Drew D Neitzel

coops

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 12:35:36 PM »

I think it is a good rule of thumb not to molest gators whether it is the law or not!

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 12:53:55 PM »
The picture I posted the link for is from Cliff Stephens Park in Clearwater, Florida. I took the picture in '06. There are locals that dive in the water here to retrieve discs.

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 01:06:57 PM »
i was playing there and brought my wife.  she nevers plays so i am telling her to aim here or there.  on one hole she was close to the water so i had her aim away from the water.  She throws it and it was going right for the water which resulted in a race me against the disc.  i managed to get it before it got too wet. 

i got family in clearwater and at their elementary school they have gators nearby.  that makes for a bad day of kickball when the gator eats your kickball. 

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 01:34:58 PM »
Cliff stephens rocs!!
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 11:20:09 PM »
I'm not looking for anyone's approval or opinion on this idea except Old Pike Mike.
Buy the hole from me Spencer if you think its tacky.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 11:31:52 PM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover