Author Topic: 2010 Club Championships?  (Read 4463 times)

mikedopen

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Club Championships?
« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2010, 06:36:42 AM »
Whatever, whiner it is. Doesn't change the fact that the first half of your club championship sucks. ;D
you're not gonna be there... its gonna be awesome.. you should play rosedale every day. Hang with your kind... rec players...
Mike D

coops

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2010, 08:27:54 AM »
Whatever, whiner it is. Doesn't change the fact that the first half of your club championship sucks. ;D
you're not gonna be there... its gonna be awesome.. you should play rosedale every day. Hang with your kind... rec players...
I was trying to figure out the best way to respond to all of this when I realized that it had already been done for me. ;D

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2010, 08:36:03 AM »
I was trying to figure out the best way to respond to all of this when I realized that it had already been done for me. ;D

Word!!  We don't want any Palmers or Keizers out this way anyway.......it may start the downfall of good play!
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2010, 09:00:58 AM »
nah, i'd still play if i didn't have plans.

a day on the golf course, no matter which one, is always better than a day not on the golf course.  can't we all agree on that?

coops

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2010, 09:22:33 AM »
Yeah, agreed. It'd be nice to have a Palmer present, IMO. Will you be able to play any of the rounds Mr. Palmer?

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2010, 09:45:07 AM »
If you don't tell him there's not an intermediate division, he may come.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2010, 09:53:24 AM »
har har.  I may try to play on Saturday; that's my only free day for that particular weekend.  my daughter is getting baptized that sunday.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2010, 09:53:55 AM »
If you don't tell him there's not an intermediate division, he may come.

Or tell him how he can be a true bagger by sucking intentionally the first 2 rounds
Steven Disc Glover

hyzerponix

« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2010, 11:33:12 AM »

Word!!  We don't want any Palmers or Keizers out this way anyway.......it may start the downfall of good play!

Yeah, it was a difficult decision, too. Take off work and drive all the way out to play a couple of boring courses in BFE Kansas... or since it's a Saturday, go to work and make $50/hour for 12 hours. Have fun at the CCs and may the best rec player (not being sponsored, not touring, and playing for chump change while working a 9-5 makes you a rec player too) win! :D

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2010, 11:52:36 AM »
So if 60 people prepay for their tag and 45 finish all 4 rounds then they would be guaranteed 46-60.
I like this idea, but as bensdadfred mentioned, it doesnt really matter since we will lose the tag eventually. So whatever you decide I will be cool with.
So I may not show up for the first round on Sunday. If this is the case, and I show up to play the last round at swope, who would I be playing on a card with? How does that work?
Its all about fun, I'm not super worried about the tag. As long as I get one I'm happy. Thanks for running this thing and putting it all together Dick. I appreciate the work that goes into all this from you and all the other volunteers setting up the courses and stuff. If I can help let me know.
PDGA 39363

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2010, 11:59:01 AM »
You didn't aswer the time between rounds question!

It's on the flier that's why.   1 hour from last card.

Dick, should be 1 hour PLUS travel time.

Chap
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2010, 12:06:57 PM »
So if 60 people prepay for their tag and 45 finish all 4 rounds then they would be guaranteed 46-60.
I like this idea, but as bensdadfred mentioned, it doesnt really matter since we will lose the tag eventually. So whatever you decide I will be cool with.
So I may not show up for the first round on Sunday. If this is the case, and I show up to play the last round at swope, who would I be playing on a card with? How does that work?
Its all about fun, I'm not super worried about the tag. As long as I get one I'm happy. Thanks for running this thing and putting it all together Dick. I appreciate the work that goes into all this from you and all the other volunteers setting up the courses and stuff. If I can help let me know.

Anthony,

Usually you'd be hooked up with other people that missed rounds, but usually we just play this by ear. There's usually enough of those people to fill more than a few cards.  I can't play on Saturday, but may make it out Sunday.

The rest of you:

Everyone has their favorite/non-favorite courses.  This is the club championships. The club encompasses something like 12-15 courses in town now (I didn't count them...might be more or less).  I think the EC usually does a good job picking courses to make sure that a variety is played.  Rosedale isn't being played this year.  I'd like to see Young Park brought in sometime in the future, and I'm sure that will happen. Smithville might be included some year down the road. Cliff will be brought back in at some point. Relax. Enjoy the diversity.

Chap
no longer gainfully unemployed
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

hyzerponix

« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2010, 12:17:07 PM »

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2010, 02:50:54 PM »
KC MO is where i'd rather be.
Cliff Drive, WaterWorks, or even Blue Valley.
Swope is weak sauce, but not the other three.
Add Blue Springs, just not Legacy,
and this sounds like a better CC to me.  :P

Move over Eminem, here comes D-n-D.   :-\

Keizer, let me hear you say UUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!   8)

???
Drew D Neitzel

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2010, 02:53:54 PM »
Drew is running the CC next year :).

Chap I will give everyone ample time .   That is why I said Approx.  1 hour on the flier.   Good looking out. 

I would like to see young park used as well.   I think next year may be a CC with all the NEWER courses minus Legacy.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist