Author Topic: Workday 9-23-10 @ 10amish  (Read 962 times)

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Workday 9-23-10 @ 10amish
« on: September 22, 2010, 10:13:24 AM »
Drew and I will be out at WYCO tomorrow morning to finish up some replacements of pins.   If anyone would like to come dig holes we will appreciate you help.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Workday 9-23-10 @ 10amish
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:16:20 AM »
shoulda called first dick.  i've still been sick so i cant guarantee i'll make it.  i definately havent been able to get those other two sleeves ready.
Drew D Neitzel

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2010, 10:17:41 AM »
Well shiz.   
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

coops

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 10:24:34 AM »
What holes are you putting in? And I can maybe help. I have plans but if they fall through I'll let you know and I would love to help if I can.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »
If the pins aren't finished we aren't going to be there.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 12:31:37 PM »
That one is already done.   We did that Monday. 

..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 10:31:16 AM »
OK  ... Workday is back on.   Drew and I will be out there around 12-1ish.   If you want to come out you can.  I don't think we will need to much help but I'm sure anyone who can make it will be welcomed.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 04:27:18 PM »
Thank you to Drew and Tracy for coming out and helping me with the new pin placements at WYCO.

In my opinion these new placements are really geared toward tournament play.   I don't expect to see them all the time being played but hey if you guys ever decide golf is more fun the pitch and putt you'll really enjoy these new ones...  and they are

2 long... And I mean LONG.   Par 4 .  We WILL be playing this in the CC with a very fair but gnarly OB .

12 LONG.   The stupid right placement has been moved to a very fun 2 shot hole.   We will NOT be playing this in the CC.   

14 The DAM hole.   This will be used during the CC.   It is very similar to what you played in the KAN U WYCO.    ALL of these placements will be used for the 2011 Kan U Wyco. 

17 will get a new hole as well but after we hemmed and hawed over it for some time we decided there was some minor work that had to be done before we could set it.   This will be a replacement for the middle pin that was mysteriously removed.   We think the parks did it but have no real clue.   It will be about the same distance but different.  More info to come after my next work day to get that new placement ready. 

I know most of you will have opinions about these new settings and I'm sure they are good ones.    I will listen to you for the most part but do understand that the work has been done and we are not going to change them.   

1 MORE THING!

The course is CLOSED for the next 3 days.  DON'T GO OUT THERE!  The Boy Scouts of America are going to be camping ALL OVER half the course and the P&R would really like you to find one of the other 13 courses in the area to play this weekend.  Thanks!

..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »
Where's the new tee pad on 15 or I mean pin....or do I?

Move the tee pad back towards the road and that way the trees can be utilized more, rather than shooting under them all the time....just ideas...
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 04:43:36 PM »
I agree that 15 is probably the worst hole out there design wise.   If you would like to run for CC of WYCO I would gladly help you with the project.   I did look at that hole and go.  WTF do you do with this? 

I would also like to move 3 up and to the left to make it a righty hyzer hole but I don't think Drew has the buddy with the Loader to pick up the Tee Pads.  I like the ideas tho.

Better than.  Why can't we make it shorter and no ob and boring like other courses.     
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 05:13:29 PM »
i happen to like fifteen.  everyone is always playing around trees or over them.  what's wrong with throwing under them.  its a good roller hole if its mowed.  i see alot of good golfers not make two there.  its ceiling has been raised a little too much if you ask me and disc technology may out date it in the near future but its a good hole for now. 

as far as i know my buddy still has his bobcat but i'm not sure.  anyone ever get permission to move 3?
Drew D Neitzel

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 05:38:21 PM »
no.   
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster