Author Topic: Favorite Hole at CD  (Read 2334 times)

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Favorite Hole at CD
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
As requested by Jamie Danger
Drew D Neitzel

Beat Hummel

Re: Favorite Hole at CD
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 10:48:36 PM »
Don't see how you can leave hole #4 off the list.  It is pretty sweet, especially with the rock-lined green and new deep pin.  Not my fav but way ahead of a few others on that poll.

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:05:56 AM »
17 on the island. Easy choice for me.
Cooter was here.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 06:54:03 AM »
Interesting tidbit from the news this week.... CD is in the 23rd most dangerous neighborhood in America. If you live in that zip code you have a 1 in 12 chance of being the victime of violent crime.  :o

KickIt

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 08:01:29 AM »
Don't see how you can leave hole #4 off the list.  It is pretty sweet, especially with the rock-lined green and new deep pin.  Not my fav but way ahead of a few others on that poll.

I'll second the write in of Hole #4.
Joe Hancock

coops

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 08:26:36 AM »

I'll second the write in of Hole #4.

I'd vote #4 worst hole at CD. I voted 17 any placement. Short is fun because it is pretty long but reachable, and the other two are just nasty, especially that peninsula placement.

Beat Hummel

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 09:15:02 AM »
Hate on #4 all u want I would gladly play it 18 times in a row over PC anyday! It's all preference anyway. I'm just sayin'.

coops

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 01:39:07 PM »
if there were a few more trees gone and there were a line i think it'd be a fine hole. as it is i don't think there is a consistent line and as a result think it is the worst hole on the course. it could be very good though with just a little tweaking

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »
There is a very defined line on #4.   
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

coops

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 03:54:51 PM »
i'v been told that several times, i just don't see it and i almost never see people hit it. in order for it not to count as a lucky shot it has to be somewhat repeatable. (granted, i play there very rarely so i don't see a great quantity of shots on it)

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »
i had hole 4 on there the first time i typed up the poll but the message board didn't accept it and i forgot it the second time.  hole 4 ranks around sixth for me and for those who don't believe it, there are three defined lines on that hole.  put a roc/buzzz in any 1000 rated golfer's hand and they get a putt for 2 on the middle ring placement 75-80% of the time.  just because we don't all possess the skill to hit a line doesn't mean it's not there.
Drew D Neitzel

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »
i like the turnover line to the left and use a star roc.  once you get by the first stuff with anny, you are golden and your roc will come back and be parked.

to me that seems like the best odds because if you hit anything early, you are to the left and can see the basket.  plus i know being on the right  can be terrible if you go down the ravine.   

Beat Hummel

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 06:08:11 PM »
The left line is money. Just gotta utilize the extreme front left corner of the box. I gave up the middle/hyzer line a while ago

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 07:56:48 PM »
Hole 8 long, which I don't think as been used in a while and 17.
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 12:01:28 PM »
Hole 8 long, which I don't think as been used in a while and 17.

i pulled 8 long's sleeve out by hand one day 4-5 months ago.  it has since been used for another hole.  i plan on putting it back in in the next month or so.  just havent decided if i want to tweak it slightly.
Drew D Neitzel