Author Topic: Grip Equipment!!  (Read 1418 times)

NoSponsor

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Grip Equipment!!
« on: October 26, 2010, 07:30:58 AM »
How are the new bags?  I haven't heard anyones feedback yet.  I see the owner parading around tournaments with his star players.  They look good on a caddies back!!
Sean Elliott

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Grip Equipment!!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:35:13 AM »
They haven't been released yet, and there's no production schedule.  You can check out all the information that I know here:

http://discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17792

NoSponsor

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 03:32:17 PM »
Sorry Chris it was a joke, I just like looking at Facebook and seeing all those that prepaid asking for their bag.  Anyone prepay for this bag and when did you do it?  If you did I am selling this amazing disc that flies 500 ft.  no matter how hard you throw it.  I will take orders now and let you know when they come in..
Sean Elliott

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 03:54:13 PM »
It's easily going to be named the Gripe Quipment bag if he doesn't release it soon I'm sure.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 05:02:40 PM »
A Gorilla Boy Simian is $200.  The Mystery Ranch Mahal is $275.  $200 isn't that much on something that will last you for a while; I spent around $200 on my school backpack 10 years ago (a Tom Bihn Brain Bag) and it still looks new after 7 years in college, time abroad, and 3 years at work.

coops

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »
It's freakn hilarious we spend more, way more to "support" the sport than the equipment necessary to "play" the sport.

It isn't really that though. If you want nice equipment in anything you have to be prepared to pay for it. And beyond that, if the equipment will last and will make what you do easier to accomplish and remove some barriers to good play (for instance, my bag is falling apart and it makes me a little upset, which makes me play poorly) then why not? I mean, it is nice that the money is going to a guy I know, a guy who is dedicated not only to the sport but also to the design of good equipment, but that ultimately isn't the reason to buy equipment. The reason you buy it is because you need it or want it, not really to "support" the sport.

NoSponsor

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 09:56:15 PM »
Maybe that guy should go to the factory in Taiwan and light a fire under their rears!!!

Revolution owner and proud of it.  They last forever
Sean Elliott

jsun3thousand

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 08:23:23 AM »

johnstone

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 10:19:20 AM »
Part of the reason this is so expensive (and part of the reason why Nike is just fluff) is because of the numbers being made. We're not talking about a backpack that has uses for billions of people, but a specialized piece of equipment that will sell in the thousands. So you have much tighter margins and yes, a higher cost. I'm not saying I don't think the people who work for Grip aren't making, well, ummmm, grip, I'm just saying it's a reasonable price when you consider a bag at half the price sold to millions and millions of people brings more profit margin.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 12:25:05 PM »
This was posted on Facebook 12 hours ago:
<Grip Equipment made a couple final tweaks to the Tour Bag two weeks ago to further increase it's durability and is awaiting a final delivery date. If everything goes without a hitch... we should hopefully be shipping out pre-sold bags in about three weeks and with a final release a couple of weeks after that!>

When Justin first had the idea for a bag a year or two ago, he did a lot of research, including picking my brain for sales trends and information. I believe it's a very good thing that he's trying to get it right...the first time. While way too much bag for my game, the prototype I saw was very impressive. Ultimately, the success of the bag will be decided in the market place. As the sport expands, there should be a market for more quality goods as well as pay to play courses that feature amenities not found on public courses. Time will tell.

Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
rick@discgolfworld.com
www.discgolfworld.com

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 02:20:19 PM »
http://www.mysteryrants.com/2009/08/the-golf-mahal/

talk about too much bag! $285 umbrella stand, tripod chair, rain gutters, etc gotta weigh you down clown, gimme a beer,a chamois, and a hat if it rains.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:22:54 PM by jamidanger »
espouse elucidation

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 02:47:12 PM »
http://www.mysteryrants.com/2009/08/the-golf-mahal/

talk about too much bag! $285 umbrella stand, tripod chair, rain gutters, etc gotta weigh you down clown, gimme a beer,a chamois, and a hat if it rains.

If that bag could putt for me inside 30' I'd buy it :D.

NoSponsor

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 06:49:28 PM »

I like to give grief to a guy who gets stuff made in another country, one that probably doesn't even have disc golf.  Oh well, I hope they work well for those that have bought the final product.  Maybe all you Grip purchasers can go to the country of origin and teach them disc golf...
Sean Elliott

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:33 PM »
If that bag could putt for me inside 30' I'd buy it :D.

if your asking for 30, might as well not stop there.  based on ssr number you'd better ask for 6-7'.   ;D
Drew D Neitzel

cpalmer

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »
Here's another new company "NO EXCUSES DISC GOLF" making bags for $95.00. He sells direct on facebook....