Author Topic: Prairie Center Saturday league again this year?  (Read 726 times)

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Prairie Center Saturday league again this year?
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:07:03 PM »
I talked with Tom this evening.  Would anybody be interested in running a Prairie Center Saturday league again this year?  Starting at 9:00 so as not to interfere with Down Under?  I might be able to run it but would prefer somebody else to step up and run it.

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Prairie Center Saturday league again this year?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 12:09:20 PM »
I had mentioned this to a couple people last week when we were talking about the Saturday morning league. I think having the doubles league be a "club" league hurts the attendance. The few times I went out to play There would be around 6-8 people, and with half of the pay in going to the club, you were just playing to get your money back pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I support the club, and gladly pay the club dues, and don't have a problem with what is taken out of the mini payouts. But maybe for winter league it should be a non club league, I am guessing that would help the attendance a bit more. At least I would be way more interested in playing and possibly running it.
PDGA 39363

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 12:50:46 PM »
I had mentioned this to a couple people last week when we were talking about the Saturday morning league. I think having the doubles league be a "club" league hurts the attendance. The few times I went out to play There would be around 6-8 people, and with half of the pay in going to the club, you were just playing to get your money back pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I support the club, and gladly pay the club dues, and don't have a problem with what is taken out of the mini payouts. But maybe for winter league it should be a non club league, I am guessing that would help the attendance a bit more. At least I would be way more interested in playing and possibly running it.

If you play it as a club mini, the ACE fund can be used. If you play for $5, $1 goes to the club kitty, $1 goes in the ACE fund, and $3 pays out.

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 11:14:10 PM »
I think we used the $3/$1/$1 payout system for a while last year and the attendance was a little better.  We could try it again this year?  I remember somebody was a little upset about the payout but increased attendance is a good thing. 

Dan Z.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 08:08:53 AM »
...is there a leauge going on today(10-30)...or not?...9am
DZ

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2010, 09:52:37 AM »
Doubles at WYCO at 1:00pm
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 11:15:11 AM »
After discussions with folks, I will not be running a Saturday MINI at PC this winter. Go Down Under. Cindy and I may be going down under for 2 or 3 years ourselves.  ???

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »
There are less golf courses in that country than their are in our city/suburbs ???.