Author Topic: Sunday Nite Glo  (Read 2904 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Sunday night glow?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »
Next glow will be SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14th at ROSEDALE PARK.  $5 Random Doubles with any group get 2 strokes off their score for each lady in the group!

OpIvy1

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2010, 06:57:56 PM »
6:00pm

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 07:40:34 AM »
$5 Random Doubles with any group get 2 strokes off their score for each lady in the group!

That is retarded.  I love the ladies and all but there are literally some women better than men that play in dubs.   I have tried to argue this with Dan but obviously you people don't listen.    Find a more fair way then giving people free birdies.  Give extra shots or something.   
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 08:50:25 AM »
I have tried to argue this with Dan but obviously you people don't listen...

Uh just what Dan you talking about sir! We have argued but never about this topic...yet!
For a good time: Lat- 3925'8.92"N, Long- 9433'18.52"W

Beat Hummel

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »
He was referring to Dan Coffman , sir. 2 strokes given for ladies at phill....

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 09:37:28 AM »
He was referring to Dan Coffman , sir. 2 strokes given for ladies at phill....

10-4...thanks sir!

dclabe

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 09:46:11 AM »
Don't really recall arguing with Dick...I just was looking for a way to encourage the women to play more doubles Leagues.  My logic was that most women have difficulty throwing for distance, so I decided to give them 2 strokes to offset that...check out the leagues, we don't really have many women playing doubles (or singles).

Something I would like to try is requiring a team to use a minimum of 6 drives of each player...this would introduce some strategy as to when to utilize each player's drive and require each player to make shots (versus riding one player's drives for the whole round).  I think this would work well in Mixed or ProAM Doubles and events where you bring your partner.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 09:58:38 AM »
I get the feeling that Slim is driving that change...  ;D

Caelara

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 10:14:21 AM »
Next glow will be SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 14th at ROSEDALE PARK.  $5 Random Doubles with any group get 2 strokes off their score for each lady in the group!

As a very new female player, I thought this was a nice option.  I'm not very good yet... pretty bad actually, but have fun playing.  I'm also a little (lot) self conscious though, and most likely would not play doubles because I wouldn't want to saddle someone else with my horrible throws.  lol  Something like this might actually convince me to give it a shot.  Probably not a glow event however, I'm bad enough with daylight.   ;)

Sara

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 10:20:13 AM »
Since there are no ladies tee pads at any course locally, other than Blue Springs, I would like to suggest that ladies, regardless of skill level, be permitted one mulligan per hole.
espouse elucidation

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »

As a very new female player, I thought this was a nice option.  I'm not very good yet... pretty bad actually, but have fun playing.  I'm also a little (lot) self conscious though, and most likely would not play doubles because I wouldn't want to saddle someone else with my horrible throws.  lol  Something like this might actually convince me to give it a shot.  Probably not a glow event however, I'm bad enough with daylight.   ;)

Sara

I think I should restate what I meant.   I think you should get a handicap of some sort.  I just think giving 2 strokes right off the bat is a bit much.    Let the female have a cali option that she can take once on every hole (like what danger is saying) .   I  just don't like the 2 strokes right off the bat.   I would love to see more women playing but giving a male player an unfair advantage isn't the best way.   Like I said before there are female players I would rather have than some male players.   It is an unfair advantage.   If I saw Tavish or Amanda at a league I would beg to get them.  That is a guaranteed 2 birdies!

And Dan I argued you just listened.  never said you argued back. :)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:22:07 AM by dickthediscparker »
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 11:58:22 AM »
In the future, I'd like to do more of a pro/am setup for picking doubles partners.  Right now though, we'll go with the 2 stroke thing.  It actually evened things out quite well last Sunday.

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2010, 11:33:25 AM »
In the future, I'd like to do more of a pro/am setup for picking doubles partners.  Right now though, we'll go with the 2 stroke thing.  It actually evened things out quite well last Sunday.
The pro/am is something we used to do quite some time ago and that I thought worked pretty well to help level the field.
I can remember Laron saying I carried him ONCE at Swope. Man I miss that dude.
Steven Disc Glover

Dan Weinert

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • PARADISE ROCS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2010, 06:29:20 PM »
And Dan I argued you just listened.  never said you argued back...

Once again Mr. Parker, I must ask what Dan you are referring to?

and just so you're clear sir...

COLOR sales sir!!!
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:32:17 PM by Dan Weinert »

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2010, 01:01:29 PM »
League is still on tonight.  6:00 at Rosedale. $5 Random Draw doubles.