Author Topic: Art Work  (Read 10349 times)

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Art Work
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 10:47:45 AM »
Sorry Becky I didn't get the corrected one up in time.........IT Is An Awsome Design..............

Okay so who else has some idea's? Don't be shy.
Mike Penney

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Art Work
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 02:56:16 PM »
Here's a concept someone can run with, I'm too computer stupid to get the text on there and look right....

Mike Penney

Anonymous

Art Work
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2006, 03:37:30 PM »
The "Universal Tournament"?? Cool...  Keep your eye on the target!

:CD

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Art Work
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 11:57:42 PM »

Mike Penney

Pope-Perry

Art Work
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 10:14:08 AM »
WOW all of those are cool as h#%$ ! Way way cooler then I have seen in the past years.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Art Work
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 10:25:35 AM »
They have nothing to do with the Wide Open, or KC......maybe its just me, but the Wide Open should be reflective of the city, or at least tie in with some type of theme.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

matty

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
the scout
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 02:43:48 PM »
i like penney's idea of using the indian scout statue.

maybe if there was just the scout silhoutte w/the city skyline behind it and you could just make it a hot stamp and not bother w/all the color and just make it kind of old school. [/img]
putt, putt, give.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Art Work
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 08:08:59 AM »
here's one with a basket just for you jack.

i agree that it should be reflective of KC, but on the other side of the coin does it have to be or couldn't it be about cool art on frisbees and shirts that you can't get anywhere else for people to buy?
Mike Penney

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Art Work
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 09:11:15 AM »
then that would be discs, not wide open artwork, a difference for sure.  THe Wide Open, which is the pretense for this forum should be about KC and disc golf.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Art Work
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 10:43:22 AM »
I have over 50 images for use, sorry I'm not going to spend time wording KC WIDE OPEN around all of them, way to much time for images that may or may not be used for merchendise. I do agree there should be some sort of theme, but the only theme so far is what? I know that the 1st WO was a spoof of james bond, should we go back to that and create more images spoofing bond movies? Look at the 2004 and 2003 WO art,what did those images have have to do with KC, the words on them and that's about it. If I went to say Denver for an event I wouldn't buy a shirt or disc with some cheesy mountain picture, just like I wouldn't buy some cheesy disc from Texas with a yellow rose or cowboy hat. ( No offense to anyone from the mentioned places!)I personally feel as though the city skyline and the fountains theme is played out, but that may just be me. KC isn't even known for it's skyline. Cities like New York and Chicago however are, because they have world famous buildings.

I was going in the direction of providing some cool images that will catch the eyes of non-disc golfers, as well as providing as something cool that even the casual player would want to purchase long after the 3 days that the Wide Open is being held. The point being that nobody wants to buy cheesy crap.
Mike Penney

tommymarin

Art Work
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2006, 11:17:06 AM »
No doubt dude, lefty there has a point. Who in there right mind wants some cheesy frisbee with KC's skyline? What kind of sick joke is that. KC is a cowtown dude, and that's what it is know for. After the BBQ and possibly jazz and the dorky pla-zah x-mas lights what else os there? The Chefs, Royals......I'm trying not to laugh about them. Have ya'll even seen some of the other designs on disc's that are out there. There is a ton of cool stuff out there. Nobody wants cheesy crap.

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Art Work
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2006, 12:48:27 PM »
Here's an example of some Texas art........

Now something like this is IMHO cool
Mike Penney

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Art Work
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 03:35:34 PM »
i must respectfully disagree.  we're developing a professional course and the wide open is most certainly a professional tournament.  we should have a design that reflects this and hopefully stay away from the images that provoke thoughts of drug use and hippies.  this is just my opinion.

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Art Work
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 09:25:41 AM »
wilbur, let's hope you're not referring to the texas states artwork. the artist is professor emeritus of the gppi and we don't take kindly to you messin with texas or our faculty.
you know how those cowboys from texas like to start wars. their glow sticks are a lot bigger than ours.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Art Work
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 09:52:46 AM »
they'll shoot you in texas