Author Topic: Update  (Read 1224 times)

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Update
« on: November 07, 2010, 10:36:28 PM »
Been quiet for a while so here's what's going on:

-Cliff Drive has its own FaceBook page.  66 followers to date.  keep 'em coming.

-All the new and replacement pins are set.  Hope everyone has a chance to check them out.  A couple are currently in use.  Will be getting out there this week to get measurements.  Look for updated maps and scorecards in the near future. 

-Sunday Drive has been scaled back.  Look for once, maybe twice a month sunday league at Cliff Drive or Blue Valley.  A couple new OB changes will be in effect so be sure to listen up at your next players meeting. 

-The practice basket was stolen.  No details as of yet but a replacement has been installed along with permanent 10m markers.  (p.s. i have the red and blue baskets until next week.  They are not stolen.)

-KCFDC passed new by-laws and we will be applying for 501 c3 status with the IRS.  As a result I (Drew) am no longer a course coordinator but a member of the Cliff Drive Course Committee.  Anyone else who would like to join, please reply in this forum or send me a PM. 

-To keep a promise I made to the KCFDC, the Cliff Drive Corridor Committee, and to the KCMO P&R, I will be continuing my work on the reservoir.  Every thing must go and everyone is invited to help.

-Rumors that three new holes are in the works are true.  Look for CD to become a 21 hole course until we are forced off of current 13-15.  all suggestions are welcome.  let the discussion begin.

-With the wind out of the North here lately, try hole 8 to the hanging basket.  It actually moves with a North wind. 

-17 is on the island now and will stay for a few weeks.  Hope everyone has been enjoying this beautiful weather by throwing some plastic.

See you all at Cliff Drive.    - Drew
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 10:40:53 PM by twoDornottwoD »
Drew D Neitzel

Kryptenx

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »
-To keep a promise I made to the KCFDC, the Cliff Drive Corridor Committee, and to the KCMO P&R, I will be continuing my work on the reservoir.  Every thing must go and everyone is invited to help.

What work are you doing on the reservoir?

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 12:30:27 PM »
he is out there today even cutting the brush, exposing the wrot iron for everyone to see.  Eventually he wants no greenery around the fence, and will move pins to sucker create alternate throwing ideas with those that think of long throwing.....
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:33:29 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »

-17 is on the island now and will stay for a few weeks.  Hope everyone has been enjoying this beautiful weather by throwing some plastic.

Thanks.  3'd it last time I played!

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 06:41:27 PM »

What work are you doing on the reservoir?

yep, as jack said, nothing alive inside or out.  It may only change the holes a little but it means a lot to the neighborhood and parks.
Drew D Neitzel

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 12:08:05 AM »
I wanna take a pic of the artwork that gets exposed.
Steven Disc Glover

Ken Franks

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 11:14:07 AM »

I call BS :)
Talent beats hard work, but Hard work beats Talent that doesn't work hard...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 02:16:21 PM »
I dinked a 3 last week, I threw my drive about 50' past the tree, the wind was great for me that day!

Of course the first time I lpayed it I got a 3, then it hasnt been so easy since then.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 03:30:53 PM »

Nuke + PD + Wizard = 3

Ryan, Rusty, and Big Wave Dave will back me up ;).

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 08:23:15 AM »
Big Wave can't keep track of his own score and you want me to belive he knew what you got ha h aha classic
Mike Penney

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 06:37:03 PM »

Nuke + PD + Wizard = 3

Ryan, Rusty, and Big Wave Dave will back me up ;).
you mean larry curly and moe