Author Topic: 2011 ICE BOWL  (Read 12580 times)

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
Re: 2011 ICE BOWL
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2010, 11:02:53 AM »
i like glovers ideas especially since the ace run format moved very quickly and efficiently at blue springs. also why not combine all those "ctp" & "flight" prizes as ctp on certain holes for every group, sure would save time for the end of ice bowl giveaways, just let the winners blind pick grab and go.
espouse elucidation

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2010, 11:05:34 AM »
I like that too then you can charge more for the actual event b y saying all the prizes are out there.
You just have to win them while you play.
Each hole that has a prize should be designated what prize you can win.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:10:35 AM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2010, 12:38:31 PM »
i like glovers ideas especially since the ace run format moved very quickly and efficiently at blue springs. also why not combine all those "ctp" & "flight" prizes as ctp on certain holes for every group, sure would save time for the end of ice bowl giveaways, just let the winners blind pick grab and go.

With all of Rosey set short we could also make Par your friend. Inthe spirit of keeping things moving along... miss that birdie putt, write down a three and move on!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2010, 02:53:43 PM »
2011 Ice Bowl/Winter Series -
Creve Coeur - 1/2/2011 - Ryder Cup Points Qualifier
West City - 1/8/2011 - Ryder Cup Points Qualifier
Jefferson Barracks - 1/15/2011 - Ryder Cup Points Qualifier
Quail Ridge - 1/22/2011 - Ryder Cup Points Qualifier
Hazelwood - 2/5/2011 - Ryder Cup Points Qualifier

here's how the ice bowl goes down in the lou, a series of sunday competitive events gathering donations throughout the coldest month culminating in a massive donation to the poor, the wretched, and the hungry. they're also setting up a team for the MO Ryder Cup. note they finish @ Hazelweeds, the "rosedale" of STL for the party atmosphere.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:56:07 PM by jamidanger »
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2010, 01:29:24 PM »
Ice Bowl is 2 Days this year.

Day 1-Saturday January 29th
2 Rounds Rosedale UpTop
Round one Tee off 9:45 am
Round two Tee off 2:15 pm

Saturday will be a No Frills event.  Standard Entry fee will apply, will have small assortment of discs and minis (players pack) available.  Will not have clothing, will not provide food.

Winner of both rounds for the day will be crowned in King and Queen division (that would be Male and Female divisions, I konw some you boys act like a Queen, but suffice it to say, this is the line that I'm putting out there!).

Please bring CTP prizes to Rosedale on Saturday as well if you cannot make it Sunday.

Sunday is the Ice Bowl Event!

Bring your chili, your CTP's, your friends, your cider, your rumballs.

This year I do not plan on charging for each day, but you will not be able to exchange items that you pick out on Saturday on Sunday (tooo many mistakes could and would happen).  Your best score on Saturday can be your score for Sunday, HOWEVER if you play or indicate that you are going to play a morning round on Sunday, you will need to honor that score.  You will not pick the best out of the 3.

Now I am not going to be a marshal and watch you if you go play a round with your friends on Sunday, but I do ask that you let us know so that we can remove you from the possible scoring to ease complications that could arise.  It is afterall the Ice Bowl, and the last thing I want is to make someone break the rules and Whine because their score wasn't correct.....I mean some people may hold that in for like 10 months and feel really bad about their score and stuff, and I dont want that to happen!

Hopefully next week we shuold have some registration forms, and Sponsorship forms, and possibly a pay-pal link to pre-register.

Looking forward to this.

Thanks,

Jack
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2010, 01:46:04 PM »
Everyone should be on a level playing field....what happens if it's 55 on Sat and 15 with snow on Sunday????

Isn't this suppose to be a Charity event and for FUN????  How's idea was this to make it a PDGA event?   Gahhhhhh....the nerve!!!

;D
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2010, 02:57:31 PM »
Everyone should be on a level playing field....what happens if it's 55 on Sat and 15 with snow on Sunday????
Then you can buy more mulligans on Sunday that the people on Saturday could not.  Level the playing field with as much ammo in mullies as you want to use!  Just remember you can't use them the 2nd round!

The ONLY THING CHANGING IS THE FACT THAT YOU CAN PLAY ON SATURDAY NOW!

It's not PDGA, its still Ice Bowl, its just that those that want a more structured and organized disc golf experience, or cannot make it out on Sunday in the morning now have an option.

The Ice Bowl has never been about a level playing field.  Why do you think we sell Mulligans, its for charity, and she loves us for having it for her!

This will simply give a chance for people to possibly play on Saturday that may not have had a chance.  It will also allow those people that cook our chili that sometime are worried more about the chili a chance to play on Saturday and tend to the pots in the morning, and feel less rushed to be getting to Rosey in time to wait around on every hole get things set up and not worry about trying to complete the round.

Hey if it fails, then by all means we can very easily say, screw this, I aint coming out here on 2 days in January any more, and we go back to the Ice Bowl madness that many have grown to love.  I hope that it is still mad on Sunday, but a little more less clustered for many to enjoy because you have more hecklers on Sunday now to jest fun at the people waiting!

I'll see you Sat and Sunday I am sure, so why are you busting my hump on this?
 ;D :o ::)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:00:57 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2010, 11:26:57 PM »
The ONLY THING CHANGING IS THE FACT THAT YOU CAN PLAY ON SATURDAY NOW!

I like the flexibility offered with this.  It should also reduce the traffic some for the Sunday round.
Unless Sunday's weather is much better than Saturday.

Thus far I've been to every KC Ice Bowl.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 08:30:55 PM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2010, 10:10:27 AM »
Where can the full color discs be bought and pre-reg be done?

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2010, 05:03:49 PM »

When will they come out with color changing discs....like the coors light can....when your disc gets cold it turns blue....or when your disc gets hot, her outfit turns into a bikini!!!!!   ;D
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2010, 11:53:39 PM »
I'm not speaking for myself but another consideration is how many can afford to donate money this year.
There's alot of people out of work right now.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 12:01:44 AM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

hyzerponix

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2010, 05:09:57 PM »

I bought my FC Buzzz at DGW the other day, but they did not have the forms yet so there was no pre-reg.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2010, 09:45:05 AM »
I'm not speaking for myself but another consideration is how many can afford to donate money this year.
There's alot of people out of work right now.

While I completely agree, don't doubt the goodness in people's hearts (and wallets). See recent KC Biz Journal story, KC was #3 philanthropic city in 2009.
My charity (flhw.org) was a 25% increase in donations year over year. A bad cliché but ‘if you hold it, they will come’!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Rick Rothstein

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.discgolfworld.com
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2010, 02:17:21 PM »
A bad cliché but ‘if you hold it, they will come’!

Also, according to this article... http://philanthropy.com/article/Sex-Drugs-Charity-/55463/, "The warm glow that many donors get from giving to charity involves the same brain mechanisms that evoke pleasurable sensations after sex, eating good food, and using heroin or other drugs, a new study has found."

Rick Rothstein
Instigator, Ice Bowl 2014
At Large Member, KCFDC Board of Directors
President, Disc Golf World

Disc Golf World
816.471.3472 (w)
816.914.0094 (c)
www.discgolfworld.com

BamBam

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2010, 08:43:45 PM »
A bad cliché but ‘if you hold it, they will come’!

Also, according to this article... http://philanthropy.com/article/Sex-Drugs-Charity-/55463/, "The warm glow that many donors get from giving to charity involves the same brain mechanisms that evoke pleasurable sensations after sex, eating good food, and using heroin or other drugs, a new study has found."

I always wondered why I felt compelled to tip my heroin dealer.