Author Topic: New Lights  (Read 1210 times)

coops

New Lights
« on: December 07, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »
What did everybody think?

My vote = Awesome. Cheaper, easier to turn on and off, lower profile, and they won't accidentally turn on when you put discs in your bag.

Beat Hummel

Re: New Lights
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 09:06:40 AM »
I've seen them and they do seem way better. Question: who is selling them other than Tom? Does dgw have any? Most importantly will anyone at old pike be selling them tonight?

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 10:10:10 AM »
The two questions yet to be answered are: do they last as long? are they water proof or even resistant?  ???

We can always try to seal em with clear tape if they don't work in wet conditions.

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 10:38:12 AM »
Are these the thin lights that I saw Eric and Englemen with?

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »
I agree with Cooper. They are much nicer, especially because of price and turning them off and on. I plan on buying clear duct tape to make it a little easier to use. But I'm sold. no more beacon lights for me.
But it would be nice if we could get the website they are available on. Or is it a secret??? :-X ???
PDGA 39363

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 02:01:18 PM »
I agree with Cooper. They are much nicer, especially because of price and turning them off and on. I plan on buying clear duct tape to make it a little easier to use. But I'm sold. no more beacon lights for me.
But it would be nice if we could get the website they are available on. Or is it a secret??? :-X ???

I can give you or anyone the website. It's not a secret. Depending on how many you buy they range from 65 cents each to 80 cents each. Then there is $11 shipping. I'm selling them for $1 each, but if you want to buy 99 (I think that's the minimum quantity) they will be 80 cents each + $11 shipping, so if you spend $90.20 you will get them for 91 cents each and save yourself 9 cents each over getting them from me.   ::) 

Cramnation

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 02:52:58 PM »
http://www.extremeglow.com/Merchant4/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=WIP&Category_Code=fashion

ted should have some tonight at pike. and also if you put a base rape of clear tape that takes care of water and wear and tear because they will get torn up. ( its only paper) :)

Beat Hummel

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »
http://www.extremeglow.com/Merchant4/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=WIP&Category_Code=fashion

ted should have some tonight at pike. and also if you put a base rape of clear tape that takes care of water and wear and tear because they will get torn up. ( its only paper)

Good deal thanks Jay. On a sidenote I ordered about $50 worth of glow crap from this same website last may for wakarusa.  The service was good and I got my order quick and with no errors or issues, and was satisfied with all the products.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 02:20:28 PM »
Tom,

Is the battery fixed or can it be replaced?  (cr2032?)

Supposedy the battery is not replaceable, but the engineers at the skunkworks will be attempting a disection and reverse engineering soon to see if the battery can be replaced. At $1 (or .65) each though, it may be just as easy to get a new one.

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 02:22:02 PM »
Still better than the 3-4 dollah lights
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

Seth W

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 03:39:05 PM »
The new lights are incredible. I used them last night at Old Pike and they are bright, have multiple settings, can easily be turned on/off, and have minimal impact on the flight of the disc.  Also, I used crappy transparent packing tape that got wet from the dew and had no issues due to the low profile design.  One small step for man, one giant leap for disc golf.

dogundertheporch

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 09:29:05 AM »
I'm going to order bout 30 to 40 lights from this extreme glow web site but just wanted to know how well the lights hold up and is this the best/cheapest web site I should go with???