Author Topic: I made an interesting discovery over the last few days  (Read 1100 times)

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
I made an interesting discovery over the last few days
« on: December 16, 2010, 10:17:35 PM »
An Aerobie Arrow putter makes a decent scraper for lite ice.  Really heavy frost or freezing rain/sleet type stuff, no.   But, the downwind side of my car, which still got ice but not nearly as heavy, it worked great.  The windshield, I needed the real scraper.  I like the Arrow as a putter too, so it's an extra bonus.

Whodathunkit?
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I made an interesting discovery over the last few days
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 04:52:14 AM »
A few weeks ago I was raking up leaves in the yard and loading them in ole brownie to take to the yard waste dump site in Olathe. When I got to the dump with the second load, I realized I'd left my shovel at home. I did have a stack of putters in the truck though, so to the amusement and amazement of other dump patrons I unloaded the leaves with a putter in each hand.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:33:21 AM by Tom »

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 10:08:54 AM »
A few weeks ago I was raking up leaves in the yard and loading them in ole brownie to take to the yard waste dump site in Olathe. When I got to the dump with the second load, I realized I'd left my shovel at home. I did have a stack of putters in the truck though, so to the amusement and amazement of other dump patrons I unloaded the leaves with a putter in each hand.

This would have made a great photo!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

hyzerponix

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 11:09:51 AM »
Tom, you may have a money making opportunity here. I'll bet the people watching you thought those putters were some kind of hip, new-wave, leaf-gathering tool that you surely must've bought at Sharper Image. This was at the Olathe yard waste facility, right?

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 11:17:01 AM »
They were wondering why you wasted your time doing it that way and just torch the whole thing right where it sat.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 11:18:40 AM by discglover »
Steven Disc Glover

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 11:20:46 AM »
I think this thread should continue as a place we can post other uses for our golf discs. As much as we'd like to be able to be using them for disc golf 24/7 it is simply impossible. So I know we all use them for other things because we like having them around even when we aren't throwing them and they are always nearby. Here's a couple of obvious things I use them for all the time:

I have several sitting in various locations to put things in like loose change, nuts and bolts and assorted items I need to keep together when doing projects around the house.

They are also great for giving the dog or cat a drink of water.

What are some other uses you've put your idle golf discs to when not throwing them?
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

hyzerponix

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 11:28:34 AM »
Rolling tray, just getting that one out of the way. It's cool because when you're done, you can roll the tray over to the next person...

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 11:40:11 AM »
They were wondering why you wasted your time doing it that way and just torch the whole thing right where it sat.

Rust doesn't burn. :P

AreBeezy

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 12:39:58 PM »
When I run out of paper plates, I just wash out one of my discs and grub out of it.

I also use my discs for protection...walking around in Midtown isn't that safe and I've always secretly wanted to chuck my Groove at someones face to see the outcome...
If the moon was just a disc, where would it's basket be?  Saturn?

lordofthegoal

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »
Last winter, during a particularly snowy round at Max Roper park in Lincoln, my friends and I found that our discs made pretty good sledding objects.  Our preferred method was sitting on one disc and another under each foot.
"Everything is fine and good"

Disciple

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 01:22:21 PM »
Furniture mover to scoot heavy objects across carpet. aka Magic Sliders. Just place a disc under each corner of the couch and it slides across the floor with ease. Useful for vacuuming behind the couch, or rearranging the furniture. Save the strength you would use lifting heavy furniture for game time
Student of the Disc
JHARV 171

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 01:42:02 PM »
Rust doesn't burn. :P
Nor does it sleep, just ask Neil
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Beat Hummel

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »
I occasionally use a disc to beat Sophie the dog with.

CHAS.

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 06:08:34 PM »
Tom did Gus give pointers on two pawing or dig in with you?

Cramnation

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 06:52:25 PM »
i know this is about disc's but... i started using my bag as a book bag to get to class with and a fast round after.