Author Topic: wear and tear  (Read 2140 times)

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
wear and tear
« on: January 07, 2011, 10:28:53 AM »
could someone with keys to the baskets please move some holes, maybe those surrounded by the biggest bare spots first-2 & 11 are getting thin.

the winter tradition of drive-by holiday dumping continues and the trash cans close to the streets and parking lots fill up fast, the swope love society can barely keep up. if anyone else, maybe someone connected with an organization linked to disc golf/course related events would like to assist, it would be greatly appreciated.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

hyzerponix

Re: wear and tear
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:52:20 PM »
As long as the dumped trash is close to the road or parking lot, the parks dept. should pick it up. At Cliff, we just drag the trash out of the ravines and up to the road. P&R usually picks it up within a day or two.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »
Lee Killian has my old set of keys to the baskets.  I'll try to get in touch with him this weekend.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 03:54:37 PM »
Lee just told me he'd move 9 this weekend and 9 the next.  Probably all long knowing him :).

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 06:29:03 PM »
You know that's right. ;D
Cooter was here.

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 08:11:41 PM »
As long as the dumped trash is close to the road or parking lot, the parks dept. should pick it up. At Cliff, we just drag the trash out of the ravines and up to the road. P&R usually picks it up within a day or two.

At Swope all on course trashcans are the responsibility of the club even if near the road as in 2 and 4.
I try to get there when I can, but non players fill them constantly. I recommend taking them out as there are plenty of trash containers on the rest of the course.
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 09:03:08 AM »
Lee just told me he'd move 9 this weekend and 9 the next.  Probably all long knowing him :).
You know that's right. ;D
thats a smart thing to do put them all in the long,hey why not set it up in the gold while your at it

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
thats a smart thing to do put them all in the long,hey why not set it up in the gold while your at it

yeah with rope too.  thanks lee.  i'm already excited for spring league.  :o
Drew D Neitzel

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 03:35:23 PM »
i'm sure there is room to move some holes even longer,

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »
I will want to play Swope Gold in a few alternate settings this year leading up to the Wide Open, and have a solid idea of flow and play time, so look for me to attend more Swope Leagues this year and asking for some help in moving things around.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
All the beer league guys don't have to worry, I'm not gonna be setting it up at the tips.

Just want to at least switch everyhole since they've been wearing on those spots a while.

It will be fun to play the gold setup come spring though. Just let me know when and what needs to be done.
Cooter was here.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »
All the beer league guys don't have to worry, I'm not gonna be setting it up at the tips.

Just want to at least switch everyhole since they've been wearing on those spots a while.

It will be fun to play the gold setup come spring though. Just let me know when and what needs to be done.

By the 3rd or 4th hole...(especially after 9th hole)......the beer league guys don't care where the tips are.  Gives Dave something to laugh at.....lol.   ;D
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 01:30:17 AM »
Swope is moved mostly short for now. Teapads are cleared.

Hole 4 may need a bit of explanation. The short placement is totally worn since it has been there since before club championships. I wanted to move it to the second placement but whoever put the practice basket there has a key to the lock that i don't have. So i  put it in the third placement which many will think is ridiculous. Well whatever a practice basket is still in that placement so you can play to that if you want.

Everything has moved except for 7,8, and 9.

7 has no other options, 8 has an unchangeable lock as well, and 9 was frozen in the sleeve. Was trying to move it and almost the whole sleeve was coming up so i gave up. It may have to be reset at some time.

If somebody has a key to those 2 locks, i have 3 locks in the shed that match others on the course, i would like to switch them out.

I already have 4 keys for the course, i would rather reduce that number than take any more keys.
Cooter was here.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 12:42:25 PM »
Lee, Jim Neal is the only one with keys to those baskets. I'll get some bolt cutters and cut them off.

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »
why not have jim unlock the stubborn holes rather than ruin more locks? chances are the parks guys may have a master key.
thanks lee for moving so many holes, it's like a whole new course!
now if only this thread helps people focus more on the trash situation than next spring's gold settings it will be a good thing. we have several independent metal contractors who take away the amazing amount of aluminum cans left behind. it would help all year round if the cans were smashed and left next to the trash cans. it may look bad to some but they'll be gone quickly.
if you're playing any course in town be a good scout and pick up trash instead of stepping over or around it. every day is a work day at your home course.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing