Author Topic: wear and tear  (Read 2078 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: wear and tear
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 03:12:00 PM »
I've called Jim multiple times to have him change the locks, but he hasn't responded.  As far as I know, the P&R don't have keys to our baskets at Swope.

Sorry I haven't been out there to really help with anything this winter; I've played golf maybe 2/3 times in the past 2 months.  The priorities in my life have put disc golf in the back seat, at least in terms of the amount of time I spend on the course.

slimneal

• Pro Poster
  • New bridge, new day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 06:22:15 PM »
From Timko:   I've called Jim multiple times to have him change the locks, but he hasn't responded.  As far as I know, the P&R don't have keys to our baskets at Swope.

From Mr. James: Hmmmmmm, called me, not really. Besides, I am not the lock master or have inclination to move baskets. Last thread was cut the lock on 8, (which is the only one that does have a different lock, that I know of) per Mr Timko. So I did not respond. My main focus for Swope is trash management, and that has many issues itself. 
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier is right. (Man that was hard to say, gulp) Especially pack bottles in & out.
Lee, call or PM me offline and I will see where I can help you. I plan on going out tomorrow afternoon.

Cell 816-516-3938

--------------------------------------------------Mr James-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I throw a whippet with mucho mungo
But it turned over and coondogged a tree

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2011, 09:22:13 AM »
thanks for moving the holes around and sparing some of the bare spots.

now, if someone on the swope course committee could call a committee meeting to discuss putting together a focus group to pick just the right people to study the possibilities of how best to allocate valuable time and energy to taking care of the trash cans that fill weekly, that would be great. When a bag is pulled out and dragged to the curb it leaves the bag holder empty. if someone with keys to the doghouse would make bags available, that too would be great.

while all the input received thus far on this thread points to the ease with which trash gets picked up at other courses/parks, it really doesn't apply to our beloved gully golf course. here's the deal: trash bags have to be dragged out to the street, that way the trash truck can drive by it 4 or 5 times to decide on just the right moment to stop and pick it up. cans far, far away from the street are emptied, bags tossed in the course mainentance vehicle (use donated by dan cashen), and hauled to the parks department trash hole. slim jim neal does 99.999% of this specialized hauling. please help him and the rest of the swope love society keep the course picked up every time you play there.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing