Author Topic: Hitting the Chains for BACA Charity Tournament June 4th 2011 Updated  (Read 2640 times)

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
thanks Tom, it's no problem at all.  i just wanted to ask.

i really hope this gets a HUGE turn out.

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
12 days till the tournament. We have a few entries so far, but not as many as we had hoped for. Getting your entries in now will speed up registration the day of play. We have plenty of discs, t-shirts, for the player packages. Don't forget BBQ Lunch included. There will be a CTP for a Champion Sidewinder disc each round plus a CTP for baskets at the end of the day.
This is a first year tournament and a good turnout would insure it to be an annual event. A lot of you have not heard of BACA. These are good people doing good work for abused children. See link below.

http://bacaworld.org/
Tom Henderson

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Course should be set up tomorrow night @ tourny setting for this event.
1)Your mother doesn't play disc golf so pick up your trash!

2)Mike Keizer knows all the badass places to eat.

3)John Theiss has plastic and chains running through his blood.

4)Barton knows whats up!

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tom was also planning on using some of the shorter pads for AMs which i think is a great idea.  I think that will make for a fun round when you get to mix it up.  Plus any newbies that come out will enjoy the round more from the shorts and they will not slow the speed of play down by using shorter pads.

Been spraying ivy like crazy for this event and the Eastern Front later in June(plug).  Planning on doing a walk through with the city mowers and getting the park more opened up.  They keep mowing more and more rough out and the course is already looking great.  It just keeps geting better with each mow. It will look spectacular for the event.

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Since all of the rain that has came through the area I will hold off on moving baskets until this weekend. Thanks for understanding.

4)Barton knows whats up!

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
No problem Eric, Thanks for taking care of that,\.
Tom Henderson

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
8 days till the tournament. Our sponsors have come thru for us and expense's are paid. Now it is up to the players to help us raise money for this wonderful and worthy cause. The Players package is worth the entry fee. Aviar putter, Mini Disc, T-shirt, Koozie, and free BBQ lunch. Come out have fun and Help us Help BACA.
You can download an entry form at http://www.kcfdc.org/images/Baca_Tourney_Image.jpg
Tom Henderson

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Tom I have money for my Dad's entry. His name is Ken Mathe, his shirt size is large, and he would like to play grandmasters. If you will be over this way this weekend I will just give you the cash then. Just give me a call if your in the area and I will meet you with the money.

4)Barton knows whats up!

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
I just mailed my form off today as a master.
I didn't see a grandmaster division offered.
If that division is available please put me in it.
Steven Disc Glover

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Eric I have your dad registered in the masters. Thanks.
Tom Henderson

Eric

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
The course is now set at tourny settings.

4)Barton knows whats up!

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Thanks Eric
Tom Henderson

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
this Saturday!  who's playing this baby. 

this is a great cause and there's no rain in the forecast this weekend.

lets turn this into an annual event.

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
We still have room in all divisions. You can register the day of the event. Or better yet, email me at tlh_racer@comcast.net with your information so we can make things easier for you at check-in Saturday morning. Need name, address, Division. Entry fee is $35.00, includes GREAT Players package, 2 rounds of golf, lunch and CTP'S.

We are finally going to hit a Saturday without rain. This is a great cause. Come help us help BACA.
Tom Henderson

john theiss

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
This is the perfect event for beginners that are looking to test their skills in a more competitive environment but still as casual and as fun as a round with your friends.  All players are welcome but we want to encourage new players to come out and give disc golf a try.  This is a charity event and we hope to see many new faces at Young park.     Many of the short pads will be in play for the AMs so all skill levels will have appropriate distances and degrees of challenge.