Author Topic: old pike going private?  (Read 716 times)

joots

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
old pike going private?
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:15:23 PM »
Okay, so I stopped on by Old Pike on Monday, and was slightly amused at the 'No Trespassing' sign stapled to the bench on hole one.  There was also a laminated sign stating that you have to have a member to old pike discgolf club ($50 a year) to throw there or you will be kicked out, and your car "will be towed at owners expense".  Seriously?  I was the only person there, so I was not concerned about getting towed, but is this a serious threat that is going to be backed by the prestigious Old Pike country club?  Just curious...
Boom goes the Dynamite!

hyzerponix

Re: old pike going private?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:31:21 PM »
Yes, it's for real. And if one had actually played a round there, after reading the posted notice, which I'm not saying is the case because I wasn't there, but if that is what had happened, one would then be guilty of trespassing. Hope this helps!

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 08:34:00 PM »
I can't answer your question but I will say that if private disc golf courses are ever going to come into existence they will have to fund themselves somehow. I suspect Old Pike spent some money to build that course, baskets, mowing and other amenities cost money. Public parks get tax funds from all of us hard working citizens, Old Pike has to pay for those things themselves. Private courses such as Old Pike, the now defunct Ted's Dread and others have perks to offer those that want to pay to play on a private course that one can't legally get away with in most public parks. I'm all for the prolification of private courses but I'm also aware that they have to be paid for somehow. If I had time and lived close enough to play Old Pike on a regular basis I'd gladly kick in $50, assuming the course is worth it. From what I've heard it is.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 08:15:40 AM »
Is Old Pike in Johnson County  ???  ;D

MedicineMan

• Am Poster
  • Master Jedi
    • View Profile
    • Jedis R Us
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 08:28:05 AM »

LOL pretty much.   Its a good course, just dont go play when they have a swim meet or something where there's 60918502395 cars.
KCFDC #1256
PDGA #47034

May the Force be with You.

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 08:39:10 AM »

No, just about 2 miles north of Water Works behind the Home Depot on North Oak and Vivion.
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 12:28:39 AM »

No, just about 2 miles north of Water Works behind the Home Depot on North Oak and Vivion.

Exactamundo. Clay County.
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

WrongfulLeaf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 01:10:16 AM »

I think Tom was aiming to make a funny ;), I got it Tom.