Author Topic: Courses in Orlando / Daytona Beach  (Read 279 times)

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Courses in Orlando / Daytona Beach
« on: January 31, 2011, 02:47:30 PM »
I am heading to the Orlando and the Daytona Beach areas for a few days.  Does anyone have any recommendations for where to play?
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
Re: Courses in Orlando / Daytona Beach
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
I am heading to the Orlando and the Daytona Beach areas for a few days.  Does anyone have any recommendations for where to play?

Tuscawilla Park in Daytona is a fun course. It got hit hard by a hurricane a few years back and I haven't been there since then so I'm not sure what to expect.  I've played a bunch of courses in the Orlando area and have my favorites. Turkey Lake in Orlando I think is better than Barnett Park but the are both pretty nice. Those are the two big courses in Orlando both are 36 holes. A personal favorite is F. Burton Park in Cocoa. It was designed and built by Mike Wesley. Mike was one of the moving forces behind the origins of WyCo and was the first CC out there. He lives there now and is the CC of F. Burton. There are several nice water shots, narrow fairway shots in the palmettos and you may even see an alligator or two in the pond. They don't let them get too big though so have no fear. If you want to get a round in with the locals in Cocoa or Melbourne let me know and I can put you in touch with Mike.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Courses in Orlando / Daytona Beach
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 03:08:51 PM »
turkey lake in orlando is a fine course