Author Topic: GLOW tonight  (Read 1211 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
GLOW tonight
« on: February 07, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »
When you drive in tonight before GLOW, drive over near 11 and look up. If the climbing isn't too hairy (I climbed up and down a couple times Saturday), the basket for 11 will be on top of the SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN. We will tee of from the paved walking traiL behind 11's normal tee, and throw over the NOT QUITE AS GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN to the SUPER GIMORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN. You will be OB if you are totally surrrounded by cleared off asphalt paverment.

Supposed to be calm air and around 23 tonight. Boxes, staging area, benches, and some walkways are awaiting, plus the SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN. Everyone is welcome to join in on the fun.

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: GLOW tonight
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:08:16 PM »
I always have wondered which of the following was the biggest:  jumbo, gigantic, enormous, gargantuan, king-size, titanic, etc.  Now we can add super ginormous to that list.  (I think a long time ago one of my old girlfriends called me super ginormous  ;D)

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 08:51:04 AM »
I always have wondered which of the following was the biggest:  jumbo, gigantic, enormous, gargantuan, king-size, titanic, etc.  Now we can add super ginormous to that list.  (I think a long time ago one of my old girlfriends called me super ginormous  ;D)

Dude... she was talking about your mustache....     ;D
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 09:16:44 AM »
That's not a mustache, it's an alpaca.

Well, we played the SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN placement last night. It was fun, and only a little dangerous. Funny thing happened after the round when I went back ALL ALONE to the SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN to collect my 90 pound steel portable basket from the top. As I was repelling down the side of the SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN with my somewhat cumbersome pole hole, I slipped and fell with the 90 pounds of basket landing on top of me, and then before I could get away, an avalanche of several thousand pounds of the MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN came crashing down on top of me. I came to, probably 30 minutes later, but between the pole hole and the large chunk of MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN debris I could not move. I tried digging with my hands, but couldn't free my arms enough to move much more than my left pinky finger. I felt cold, but relaxed, so I just settled in for a restful nap, knowing that eventually Cindy would come looking for me and dig me out. About 2:00 am I realized I had told her I was going to P' Otts after the GLOW round to watch KU and have some tacos. I knew she had probably gone to sleep, thinking I'd be home eventually. Around 6:15 this morning I heard the sound of frantic digging, and a few minutes later saw the furiously fast paws of Gus digging thru the crush of snow. Then we went to the Old 56 Family Diner and had some biscuits and gravy. Stupid SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN.  >:(

CRAMNATION7

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 11:06:45 AM »
AWESOME!
Jay Cram

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 11:12:53 AM »

Well, we played the SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN placement last night. It was fun, and only a little dangerous. Funny thing happened after the round when I went back ALL ALONE to the SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN to collect my 90 pound steel portable basket from the top. As I was repelling down the side of the SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN with my somewhat cumbersome pole hole, I slipped and fell with the 90 pounds of basket landing on top of me, and then before I could get away, an avalanche of several thousand pounds of the MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN came crashing down on top of me. I came to, probably 30 minutes later, but between the pole hole and the large chunk of MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN debris I could not move. I tried digging with my hands, but couldn't free my arms enough to move much more than my left pinky finger. I felt cold, but relaxed, so I just settled in for a restful nap, knowing that eventually Cindy would come looking for me and dig me out. About 2:00 am I realized I had told her I was going to P' Otts after the GLOW round to watch KU and have some tacos. I knew she had probably gone to sleep, thinking I'd be home eventually. Around 6:15 this morning I heard the sound of frantic digging, and a few minutes later saw the furiously fast paws of Gus digging thru the crush of snow. Then we went to the Old 56 Family Diner and had some biscuits and gravy. Stupid SUPER GINORMOUS MAN MADE ICE MOUNTAIN.  >:(
Was the basket OK?  ;D
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 11:25:07 AM »
Yes, we applied some de-icer, and Gus peed on it when it got back in it's rightful resting spot in our backyard.

Amando

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2011, 05:04:52 PM »

Did this really happen?

The Bird Father

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • WOOT! WOOT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2011, 05:37:40 PM »
YES....Everything on the internet is 110% true....

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Just Another Dirty Bird

Bird > Word

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 05:45:45 PM »
Nothing Tom does "really" happens. It's all in his imagination. Even you.....  :o

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 08:32:06 PM »
Did your super ginormous member suffer frostbite?

lucky4ever247

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 07:25:37 AM »

Did this really happen?
I don't know amanda. But I'm calling shenanigans... 8)
RELAX!!!   I do All my own stunts!!!!!

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2011, 11:07:29 AM »
Here is a look at the Super Ginormous Man Made Ice Mountain with the basket on top.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:09:01 AM by Anthony Puryear »
If I got a nickel for every time that I aced at least I'd have a nickel!

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »
Ok, so can anyone explain to me how to put the picture on here? I thought I knew what I was doing, but it doesnt seem to be working.
If I got a nickel for every time that I aced at least I'd have a nickel!

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2011, 11:31:47 AM »
from the look of the Red X properties, it looks like Anthony is trying to use an image that is on his local PC.

Get yourself a flickr or photobucket account.  Upload that pic.

Post image via URL, like Tracy showed above.