Author Topic: 2011 FLHW Tournament at Thornfield | May 14th  (Read 4808 times)

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 FLHW Tournament at Thornfield | May 14th
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 11:27:06 AM »
James McLaughlin   
Jim Sherwood

I see after being threatened with annhilation James you went and found yourself a partner who's way better than you.  Good thinking.  I am now a bit more worried than when I was just planning on crushing James the Giant, and not the super team known as Team Jim James.  Jim, I only hope that you have seen James in person, and played Thornfield, and fully understand how hard it will be lugging that bag of bones on your back all day.  He's like 8 feet tall.  James-forewarning: the rough at thornfield is FULL of poison ivy, thorns (duh) and snakes. It ain't Rosie... be careful where you choose to run off the fairway for your customary mid-round dump!!!

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 11:40:49 AM »

I see after being threatened with annhilation James you went and found yourself a partner who's way better than you.  Good thinking.  I am now a bit more worried than when I was just planning on crushing James the Giant, and not the super team known as Team Jim James.  Jim, I only hope that you have seen James in person, and played Thornfield, and fully understand how hard it will be lugging that bag of bones on your back all day.  He's like 8 feet tall.  James-forewarning: the rough at thornfield is FULL of poison ivy, thorns (duh) and snakes. It ain't Rosie... be careful where you choose to run off the fairway for your customary mid-round dump!!!
[/quote]

It sounds like I need to put you four together for the first round?
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »
We might win the "most beer consumed" card prize if you throw James in our group.  My partner and I enjoyed the tallgrass beer a little too much last year, and I saw James drinking a beer on a course one time i think...  Seriosuly though, if you put us with Team Jim James how am I supposed to heckle Palmer? (unless you put him on the card in FRONT of us, THEN i can heckle James AND Palmer!)

David E

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 12:13:21 PM »
For a high enough donation to the cause, I will make sure you are on the SAME card as Palmer, both rounds!
 :o :o

www.flhw.org

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 12:15:51 PM »
That sounds fun.  I don't know if either of our teams will shoot worth a darn, but it will definitely be a good time.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 12:26:53 PM »
Dear Charlie,

I'm not gonna be one to brag on my game, as I will let it speak for itself.  With Jim as my teammate, we will be the "Silent But Deadly" team, that nobody sees coming...lol  Jim has quite the game, and I enjoy playing it with him.  Also, he HAS seen my game, as he has donated his tag to me the last time I played a round of disc golf with him.  I've also been known for hauling things heavier than your brother, and nephew, on my back (combined), while on a lovely tour of the Army as a Airborne Ranger.  I used to kill snakes with my bare hands, use poison ivy as a side salad, and use the thorns as toothpicks while relaxing in the woods. So, while I'm not in that kind of shape anymore, I'm pretty sure WE'LL be "OK".  Heckle away my brotha'!!!   :o :o :o :o  ;D ;D ;D ;D   8) 8) 8) 8)

With that said, Dave, you may now refer to myself and Jim as "Team Silent But Deadly"  ;D

*Side Note* - The above paragraph in no way represents what may really happen with our game...lol  :P
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »
Dear Charlie,

I'm not gonna be one to brag on my game, as I will let it speak for itself.  With Jim as my teammate, we will be the "Silent But Deadly" team, that nobody sees coming...lol  Jim has quite the game, and I enjoy playing it with him.  Also, he HAS seen my game, as he has donated his tag to me the last time I played a round of disc golf with him.  I've also been known for hauling things heavier than your brother, and nephew, on my back (combined), while on a lovely tour of the Army as a Airborne Ranger.  I used to kill snakes with my bare hands, use poison ivy as a side salad, and use the thorns as toothpicks while relaxing in the woods. So, while I'm not in that kind of shape anymore, I'm pretty sure WE'LL be "OK".  Heckle away my brotha'!!!   :o :o :o :o  ;D ;D ;D ;D   8) 8) 8) 8)

With that said, Dave, you may now refer to myself and Jim as "Team Silent But Deadly"  ;D

*Side Note* - The above paragraph in no way represents what may really happen with our game...lol  :P

Yeah, but he throws with the wrong hand.  :)
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 01:13:18 PM »

With that said, Dave, you may now refer to myself and Jim as "Team Silent But Deadly;D

Ummmm, maybe we don't want to be on that card after all....

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 01:32:13 PM »

With that said, Dave, you may now refer to myself and Jim as "Team Silent But Deadly;D

Ummmm, maybe we don't want to be on that card after all....

I'm thinking I didn't quite think that one all the way thru....lol  ;D
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 01:34:11 PM »
"I used to kill snakes with my bare hands,"

that'll make you go blind
espouse elucidation

Twister66

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 05:57:22 PM »
No doubt about James being tall and well...me being short. Our two heights together should add up to about normal.  Don't discount the righty-lefty combination. 
Jim Sherwood

David E

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 09:50:03 PM »
Back to more serious matters....

It may be a charity event and the prizes might not be cash but we have a lot of goods!!

Gary and I just went over all the team, CTP and Ring of Fire prizes, conservatively it totals over $2,700 in prizes!

The overall winners will go home with prizes that total at least $175 each!

$600 in CTP and long drive prizes plus a boat load of Ring of Fire goodies!
www.flhw.org

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2011, 12:12:15 AM »
I realize the smack talk has been prominent, but, I'm totally stoked about making a contribution to the cause at hand! All of the smack talk in the world can't make up for the work that is needing to be done to remedy this horrible thing we call prostate cancer.  I feel it is being lost in the "reason" that we are all getting together now on this occasion to raise money for such a cause.  This is too great a thing for people, especially men, to be ignoring such a thing that they may be having to accept at some point in their life.  I hope that all respect this, and realize the importance of this!

Fun is fun, but, this is too important to make light of.

Just my humble opinion,

James

James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

David E

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2011, 08:36:13 AM »
James, thanks for the input!

Now back to the banter- laughter is essential!

www.flhw.org

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »
Well said, James. Dave I look forward to this tourney more than most! All the prize handouts you mentioned are always sweet! The food is always great! If anyone fears the heat these guys have the course stocked with tons of h20 and vitamin waters the last few years more than you could drink and it was HOT! all for an awesome cause. Thanks in advance Dave and Gary can't wait for this weekend!

If you are on the fence just sign up! this tourney is a blast!!!