Author Topic: Thank You from Hitting the chains for BACA  (Read 842 times)

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Thank You from Hitting the chains for BACA
« on: June 27, 2011, 04:54:06 PM »
First of all I want to apologize for taking so long to post this. I wanted to get all the bills paid and money in for our total donation to BACA and Blue Springs Parks and Rec.I want to thank the players first of all. Without the players this event would not have been successful. I want to thank John Theiss for his help in promoting and planning this event. Eric Minton for promoting the tournament  and setting the baskets for the tournament. The KCFDC for promoting us on their web site and letting us use the leader board. Members of the Elks Lodge 2509 Steve and Debby Frerichs, Mark Largent, Mike Goettling. Family members Anthony Pickerell, Felicity Colson,and Lara Pettibon. A very special thank you to John and Chris Wright from South Carolina who were the inspiration behind this event. John and Chris also provided the baskets we gave away. Thank You to Gene and Shelia Riffle for the Nascar tickets. Last but the most important My Lovely wife who first thought of having a tournament and who found BACA as our charity. This was our first disc golf tournament and we had a great time planning the event and meeting all the players. Thank you again for your support we hope to see you all again at next year's tournament. 

We should all thank BACA for everything they do for the abused children of this country. BACA is not just in KC or Missouri they are nationwide and do everything on a volunteer basis.

Do to your participation and our sponsors we were able to donate $1036 to BACA and $114 to Blue Springs Parks and Rec for improvements at Young Park.

Tom Henderson

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Thank You from Hitting the chains for BACA
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 08:25:47 AM »
Next year we should plan this not so close to the Wide Open, I think that participation may increase.

Its a great cause, and I appreciate that you went to all the effort to make it happen.

We look forward to watching this grow year in and year out!

Great news that we were able to help raise over $1000 to the cause though, thanks to your efforts as well or this wouldn't have happened!

SOrry I missed it, can I buy a playerspack to add on to the total, or to get a start towards next year?
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

tlhracer

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:27:31 AM »
Thanks for your comments Jack, yes we do have players packs left. Anyone wanting to purchase a players pack can email me at tlh_racer@comcast.net and we can make arrangements to get you one. Players packs are $35
Tom Henderson

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 08:35:54 AM »
Great PM sent!!! ;D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 08:53:54 PM »
Also sent a PM
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

discglover

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 12:08:49 AM »
I liked the design on the shirt.
If anybody likes neat designs ,here's your shirt.
What's best is. It's for a great cause.
Makes a great Christmas gift.
Steven Disc Glover