Author Topic: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30  (Read 23658 times)

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30
« Reply #330 on: June 16, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »
We got DD shirts?  I guess that's what I get for checking early.

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 16, 2011, 08:01:20 PM »
Yeah, the trailer showed up at around one.

wheelz06

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 17, 2011, 05:19:07 PM »
My crew and I came from Lincoln to play and would love to have our glasses, but I understand if it isn't feasible.  BTW the guy that broke his ankle in the advanced division at Water Works on Sunday came down with us... had to have surgery on Tuesday and they put in 4 screws and a plate... he was pretty bummed but at least it didn't happen earlier in the weekend.  Thanks for the great time, let us know if you decide to send out any of the glasses!

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 18, 2011, 10:12:09 AM »
I was curious how did he break his ankle?
PDGA 39363

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 18, 2011, 10:25:59 AM »
From what I could tell, as I was heading to hole 7 tee, he was on hole 2 tee, and messed it up on the end of the tee while teeing off.
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

lsdiscs

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 18, 2011, 10:36:04 AM »
We asked for the glasses to be delivered a week early for the event and were assured they would be.  After not receiving any tracking info that week, we contacted them the monday before the event.  They said they were being made then and would ship two-day shipping to make sure they were there by thursday.  I assumed they had been since I was assured they were.  That said, we would be happy to distribute glasses to players that attended and would like them.  We travel to tourneys about every week, and if can't meet up with you there, you could contact us at lsdiscs@sbcglobal.net and we can work out shipping.  Jack, let me know what you would like to do.

wheelz06

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 18, 2011, 11:17:41 AM »
He busted his ankle on his run up, kind of just stumbled over his own feet.  I didn't see anything on the tee pad that he slipped on, and there isn't much of a lip on the end, so I don't think it was the pad that caused the injury.  According to him, his doc said that he probably will have to take the rest of the summer/fall off from playing, so that sucks.  But he is in good spirits, so he'll be fine.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 18, 2011, 11:27:40 AM »
He busted his ankle on his run up, kind of just stumbled over his own feet.  I didn't see anything on the tee pad that he slipped on, and there isn't much of a lip on the end, so I don't think it was the pad that caused the injury.  According to him, his doc said that he probably will have to take the rest of the summer/fall off from playing, so that sucks.  But he is in good spirits, so he'll be fine.

Sucks that he's essentially done for the year, but good to hear that he's doing fine!  8)
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #338 on: June 18, 2011, 12:32:35 PM »
should be back next year more the wiser! KC Wide Open 2012, countdown to 31 !!!!!!!!!!!
espouse elucidation

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 21, 2011, 11:10:31 AM »

This was posted in YouTube.

As a TD, its tough to find volunteers.  I was told of this individual talking not so nicely to one of the hard working spotters, and offering as he put it a critique and constructive criticism of the work being given by the volunteer.  Needless to say this irritated me to the 9th degree.  If you should in the future EVER have an issue with any volunteer in a disc golf outing, please take that concern to the course director or the Tournament director.  On the day in question I was both.  I was needless to say less than flattered by his attempt to inform me of his way of dealing with certain situations.

Please do not let small children listen as there are a few words that only grown ups should use, and I apologize for my profanity.  In all honesty I was much more refrained from how I wanted to be with the person, but I still have elevated tones.

Without volunteers in our sport, we would be even further behind than my game in a full pro field.......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 21, 2011, 12:26:32 PM »
Please do not let small children listen as there are a few words that only grown ups should use, and I apologize for my profanity.  In all honesty I was much more refrained from how I wanted to be with the person, but I still have elevated tones.

This entire heated conversation between you guys could have easily have been avoided if that volunteer would have just gone ahead and shoved that chair up his ass.....

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 21, 2011, 12:26:57 PM »
probably only fair to point out that good old yard sale received THREE courtesy violation warnings in as many days at an NT. the interaction with one of the greatest volunteers ever came after a "lost disc" was found exactly where the spotter said it was. anybody that looked even once for a disc in that waist high grass would understand how difficult it was to narrow it down to a 15 foot circle.

even more amusing: the ensemble he was sporting in his utube debut was a result of a formal protest by the father of two world champions. he seemed to find it demeaning to the sport with all the video out there.

sadly, some people are only in it for themselves and the money. good thing they're outnumbered.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 02:34:56 PM by gleauzinier »
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 21, 2011, 12:35:59 PM »
28 0 Vey Thach 45609 851 70 816 74 841 999  999 
28 0 Greg Lewis 39806 935 57 943 73 850 999  999
On a lighter note does this mean that Vey Thatch BEAT Craig Loonis in the AM1 field since his name appeared first, or was it technically a tie for DFL place?

and what was Mark's awesome wardrobe selection that had to be changed? Daisy dukes and a rebel flag tank top, or something of a similarly distasteful manner?

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 21, 2011, 12:54:33 PM »
from haterade: I may come up with a shirt for MM to wear as well. When I saw him earlier that day, I was thinking he sure looked like a goofball in the sleeveless shirt with the 90s red lightning bolt swim trunk shorts. When we heard about the complaint later on, I nearly died of laughter.

don't know if it can be putt any better. the man definitely goes for comfort over style.
and it was only a three legged camp stool anyway. if they assessed warnings retroactively we'd have to hope for some sponsorship from rentacenter.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420