Author Topic: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30  (Read 22393 times)

Tom

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »
We need a volunteer to drive to Emporia to bring the spinning guy to the KCWO players party.  ;D

kselrod

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2011, 10:28:45 PM »
We need a volunteer to drive to Emporia to bring the spinning guy to the KCWO players party.  ;D

Just have a local wrap a rope around him and place him on the I-35 north bound lane and pull...he should be in K.C. by nightfall...lol.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2011, 09:29:07 AM »
Sponsorship Levels for the 29th Kansas City Wide Open in 2011

_____Individual Sponsor $30: Your name will be listed in the tournament program plus you will receive a tournament-stamped premium disc. Choose from a variety of Champion plastic from Innova, or Full Color models from Discraft

_____Tee Sign Share Sponsor $150: Your name and/or one-color logo is shared with another sponsor. The tee sign will be placed on a course where it will be the seen by that course competitors, as well as spectators. In addition, all tee signs will be set up near tournament headquarters during the showcase final round.  

_____Tee Sign Sponsor $300: Your name and/or one-color logo is on a custom tee sign that is yours to keep at the tournament’s conclusion. A tee sign will be placed at the course of your choice where it will be the seen by that course competitors, as well as spectators. In addition, all tee signs will be set up near tournament headquarters during the showcase final round.  This includes a business card ad in the program as well

_____Player & Tee Sponsor $300: Your name and/or one-color logo is on a custom tee sign that is yours to keep at the tournament’s conclusion. A tee sign will be placed at the course of your choice where it will be the seen by that course competitors, as well as spectators. In addition, all tee signs will be set up near tournament headquarters during the showcase final round.  This includes one entry in the Wide Open with this sponsor level

_____Tournament Program Ad space in the tournament program that goes to each player and will be available to spectators, we anticipate over 1000 people will attend over the event.
—$  50: Business Card ad (8 per page)
—$100: 1/4 page Ad is 2” x 2.5”
—$200: 1/2 Page Ad is  4” x 5”
—$400: Full page Ad is 5” x 8”
—$500: Front page, rear cover Full Page (only 2)
Options that are creative in nature and interest both the event and your needs please contact us!

Special Sponsor Options
—Birdie Sponsor $400: One tournament tee sign and one 1/2 page ad in the Tournament Program.

—Eagle Sponsor $600: Two tournament tee signs and one full-page ad in the Tournament Program.

—Banner Sponsor $400:  A 3’ x 6’ banner display featuring your name and/or logo and a 1/2 page ad in the Tournament Program
The banner will be seen by all the players and spectators and is yours to keep after the event. Banner sponsors also receive an official tournament shirt.

—Tee Shirt Sponsor $400:  Limited to four sponsors. Your logo will be included on the performance shirts that will go to every amateur player, and possibly, every pro as well.

—Showcase Final Sponsor $750: We’re expecting over 500 spectators for Sunday’s -showcase final round at Swope Park that will feature all pro competitors. You will receive 1 banner, and 2 tee signs which will be prominently displayed on the  final day.  For an additional $250 you will receive a full page ad in the program.

Sponsorship 29th Kansas City Wide Open-Overview$30-Fund Raiser Disc-Name in program
$50-Business Card Ad in program
$100-$500-Program Advertisement
$150-Shared Tee Sign Advertisement
$300-Tee Sign Ad & Business Card  Ad
$300-Player Sponsor-1 Entry & Tee Sign
$400-Shirt Sponsor
$500-Course Sponsor
$1000-Player Party Sponsor
$2000-Corporate Sponsor
$10,000-Title Sponsor of Event
Other sponsorship opportunities are available, please reach out to the Tournament Director Jack Lowe at jlowekc@att.net or call at 913-485-5123 for more information about how to support Kansas City’s longest running disc golf event.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:38:19 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2011, 03:19:24 PM »
Can't register online?  Don't have a paypal account, or don't trust the internot?  Never fear, snail-mail is here!

http://www.kcfdc.org/docs/Wide_Open_Registration_2011.pdf

Please support the local event in some way, discs will soon be here in special molds to support KC's longest running event!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:21:32 PM by Kevin Montgomery »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »
http://www.kcfdc.org/docs/2011_Wide_Open_Sponsorship_Form.pdf

Full Color version of the sponsorship options.

We will haev live coverage of the event for sure on Sat & Sun, looking at Friday as well, but I am uncertain at this point if that will happen, its a lot of work for 4 courses in 3 days with the single crew.

If you have any questions at all about the sponsorship levels, please let me know.

Right now I am hopeful that we will have quite a good players pack going on with the Am side, but I need help raising Tee Sign sponsors.  I would ideally like to have a total of 72 tee signs, one for each course each hole, but I realize that is probably tough to get, but with over 400 club members, and close to 1000 people in the chat room here, asking for one tee sign from every 12 members seems possible doesn't it?  Find out how you can help out.  This is a great deal of pride on the line for the event folks.  We haven't hosted a big event in a few years, and this is our return as a city to the sport.

Please let me know what I can do to help you get the information needed to the people that want to gain exposure for their business.  Now with the added LIVE VIDEO coverage, and then it will be archived for later viewing, you have a great chance to warrant getting more exposure for the money that you giving to the sport.  IN all honesty, it breaks down at the tee sign level to less than $.50/person to get that exposure duiring the event, and the internet will only make that drop lower.  What a great Return On Investment this is.

Help out.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2011, 02:27:40 PM »
Greetings from Kansas City!

As we head out of the winter months and into spring, the 29th Wide Open is fast approaching.  This year, the Kansas City Flying Disc Club, in conjunction with many sponsors, is happy to host an elite National Tour Event.  The event will play on the same courses that many of you may have played in the 2009 Worlds tournament.  The event is going to be a combined Pro/Am event, with the Pro side of the field playing 4 rounds on courses over three days. Those opting for the Amateur side of the event will experience 3 rounds over 2 days.

The Pros will start out on Friday with rounds at Water Works park. The course features challenging elevation and picturesque views of the Missouri and Kaw Rivers and the downtown skyline, and demands attention at every curve for one round.  The other course on Friday will be just across the river at Cliff Drive, with a combination of wooded technical shots and some open air distance to challenge all aspects of your talent level. 

Moving on to Saturday, where tee-times will play in for the remainder of the weekend, you will be playing at the Blue Valley course that has made friends and foes in its short time.  At over 11,000’ of continually changing elevation and fast greens, this demanding course has challenged players for the last decade to test their own ability and prove their mettle. 

The final round will be played on Sunday at Swope Park, and you might think that Kansas City's oldest course is a safe bet for an easy finish.  Well...don’t be fooled: this course will be expanded into a longer format using alternate tee pads and mind-tingling OB. The tournament layout puts this course into the modern age while preserving the enjoyment, comforts and tranquility that this course has now offered for over three decades. A great day of fun and festivities will follow. We hope to draw nearly 1,000 people to watch the final rounds, as the top touring Pros visit Kansas City yet again.  The Pro Field will be limited to 144 players.

The Amateur side of the event will be playing on Saturday and Sunday, and will play on the same courses that the Pro field played on Friday. Water Works and Cliff Drive will be in the mix, along with historic Rosedale Park.  With this park, placement is essential, as there bluffs and drop-offs that make errant shots on 13 of the 18 holes a strong possibility of climbing up some big hills.  The Ams will be utilizing a shot gun start all weekend long, and will be teeing off earlier on Sunday to give them all a chance to make it out to Swope to catch quite a few of the rounds of the top in the game.  This event will also mark the first time that the event is a Trophy-only event for the Amateur side, and the player's packs will be stocked with items that will make everyone glad that they came to the event, along with providing a challenge of competition on the highest level between multiple divisions.  The Am Field is limited to 216, so please ensure that you sign up and don’t miss this opportunity.

The event is going to be yet again a fine showing of some of the best disc golf courses in the country.  Although there are many disc golf courses that are great across the land, we feel very fortunate that many historic events and moments have came from events in Kansas City.  With one of the most central locations to get to across the country, we are confident that this event will be yet another fine example of great players playing a great game.   The courses will be prepared and the cameras will be on, as www.discgolfplanet.tv will be showing the event as well. The play will be fierce with competition, yet good times will still be possible with the hospitality that many have came to associate with Kansas City through their own history of events in our town.  Be a part of the myth and lore that Kansas City has: come join us for the 29th annual Kansas City Wide Open, and create your own fond memories, or get rid of some old nightmares by extracting revenge on that course again.

To sign up please visit the following:
Snail Mail:
http://www.kcfdc.org/docs/Wide_Open_Registration_2011.pdf
Online:
http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1300221467

Want to help support the Event:
http://www.kcfdc.org/docs/2011_Wide_Open_Sponsorship_Form.pdf

If you can’t do the event, we simply ask that you be kind enough to spread the word of it.  You may also want to sign up and watch it online at:
http://www.discgolfplanet.tv/  We all make this sport great, each one of us needs to be our own ambassador of the sport.  Please help spread the word of disc golf to all that you can!

Thanks for reading; you make the sport what it is today, you help make it better by working at letting people know about it!

Up-to-date local information may be found on our website:
www.kcfdc.org

Kansas City Flying Disc Club
-TD Jack Lowe

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:52:35 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2011, 04:53:58 PM »
Thanks A bunch Kevin, its what I get for wanting to type fast.......This is why it takes so long for me to get anything out, I have to have things rewritten for me over and over....You can delete your post now for space, I used it, and fixed the information that you had on there as it was outdated and had to be fixed, it was using an old registration form that I had to alter.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2011, 06:48:10 PM »
No problem.

It's much easier to edit something than to write it right the first time  :)

coops

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2011, 08:59:39 AM »
Question: What are the trophies like for Am1? I'm all for trophy divisions in Am but am a little bit shocked to be paying $50 for one. Can someone illuminate why this is so expensive and only for trophies?

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2011, 09:05:49 AM »
In this case, you're actually paying $50 for the bigger-than-usual player's pack.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2011, 09:34:50 AM »
Most A-Tiers are $60-$70....this is only $50.  As it stands now, you are probably getting 2-3 discs, and a shirt, a towel, a glass, a koozie....more items to follow.....ctp probbably on every card on one hole sponsored by a MFG with a first run never released disc......$50 is dirt cheap in all honesty for the event, and far below guidelines.  I have been taking some heat for the low entry by quite a few people....and realistically, I probably shuold have made it $60......The Memorial also an NT and trophy only event was $75 entry.(http://www.pdgasignup.com/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1291105636 )...I suspect that next year the Wide Open will probably mirror that price point, but I don't know.  It depends on the fund raising that goes on in order to make it happen for the event.

Work on getting more sponsors to support the event (TEE SIGNS!) and you can bet that it will get even better!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

coops

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2011, 09:52:12 AM »
I understand that it is cheap, that is the main reason I am choosing to play Am1 instead of Open because it is way cheaper. I guess the main thing I would think is that if I am going to be playing a trophy only event I would expect it to be in the $25-$30 range instead of slightly cheaper than a normal event. I have no problem with it, especially if the players' pack is all it is cracked up to be, I was really just wanting some clarification on that point.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2011, 10:04:38 AM »
Dude, you're just cheap.  Seriously.

Look at the Memorial entry fee.  Trophy only with a huge player's pack.

Trophy Only for an NT/A-Tier event doesn't mean a cheaper event.  It just means more perks, such as discs, shirts, etc.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2011, 10:10:11 AM »
No worries, its a new deal for the Wide Open, and one that many other BIG events are starting to do.  Masters Cup is going to go this way as well.... I think that most of the BIG events that you know of for the most part will start to lean this direction.

The irony is that KC has always historically been a "low payout perception" because we followed the PDGA guidelines and gave out more in the players pack than in the payout at the end of the event.  This allows in my mind for all the players that the sponsors really are targetting (Am's and up and comers) to get their product in their hands and get people playing with their items, and get their name out there with the players.  THere are more ams than Pro's in our sport, and it only makes sense in my eyes to get the sponsors items in the hands of all, not just a few that played better.....

Trophies should be pretty cool on the Am side of it, but WINNING the Wide Open should be pretty cool in itself.

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Anthony Puryear

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2011, 10:45:21 AM »
Can anyone tell me what all was in the Memorial players pack? James?
If I got a nickel for every time that I aced at least I'd have a nickel!