Author Topic: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30  (Read 24579 times)

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2011, 10:08:31 AM »
looks like I will try to get them to DGW after work today, my lunch was just taken, so I cannot meet the employee on his way into work to drop them off.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

twoDornottwoD

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2011, 10:18:07 AM »
save a few for me
Drew D Neitzel

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2011, 11:08:58 AM »
I am going to plan a Wide Open meeting probably next Monday or Tuesday night.  I am working on a location that makes sense since Danny's has music, but we may be able to use the back room again for the meeting.

I will keep the meeting to under an hour or so of your time.  Please be prepared for final information by tomorrow at the latest.

Your help will make this event big, your lack of help will mean that you miss a great event!

You don't wanna be that person do you?

:-)
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2011, 11:21:55 AM »
I am going to plan a Wide Open meeting probably next Monday or Tuesday night.  I am working on a location that makes sense since Danny's has music, but we may be able to use the back room again for the meeting.

I will keep the meeting to under an hour or so of your time.  Please be prepared for final information by tomorrow at the latest.

Your help will make this event big, your lack of help will mean that you miss a great event!

You don't wanna be that person do you?

:-)

Mild guilt trip...I'm just saying...
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2011, 05:54:13 PM »
Ooowee these Buzzz's are Sweet.  I'll upload a picture tonight to put on the website and here as well so you all can see these bad boys.
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:01 PM »
Ooowee these Buzzz's are Sweet.  I'll upload a picture tonight to put on the website and here as well so you all can see these bad boys.

Cant wait!!!!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

dickthediscparker

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2011, 07:54:06 AM »
This is a picture of the disc from the Disc Golf World Website.   Though this picture does not do the disc justice.  They are Vibrant and very pretty.

http://www.discgolfworld.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=3843&mscssid=8TBGS5ARVLE28L9BH0TATRFSU2490B66
..sS{Dick Parker}Zz...
Disc Golf Course Designer
Freelance Graphics Artist

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2011, 10:12:17 AM »
The next Wide Open meeting will be held at Kelly's in Westport on Tuesday May 10, at 6:00 pm. 

Kelly's is located at 500 Westport Road KCMO 64111, it is said that it is the oldest building in Kansas City, kind of fitting for the oldest disc golf tournament in Kansas City huh?

I do not want to be there for more than an hour for the meeting, though we may stay afterwards to chat amongst ourselves.

This meeting will be to start to lay the foundation for the staff support and help needed primarily to cover the 5 courses being used and the support that those running the courses will need.

We will of course love to talk about sponsorship as well here, and any ideas that may arise from the discussion to warrant consideration.  At this point of the meeting, we will be a month out.  Registration is starting to pick up, we are close to 50 signed up.  If you are not planning on playing, but would like to help, we will start a sign up sheet of needed assignments from this meeting.  If you can't attend but want to help, please continue to send me your PM's about this.  If you would like to be the core staff and receive awesome Karma, you should be at this event.

Looking forward to it.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2011, 10:45:01 AM »
I'll be there. don't they have a rooftop deck and $2 domestic pints and $2.50 blvds until 7 every night? seems like mccoy's has some great dinner specials tuesdays as well.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2011, 10:54:20 AM »
I will do my best to be there...possible family obligations!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
The next Wide Open meeting will be held at Kelly's in Westport on Tuesday May 10, at 6:00 pm.  
I'll be there. don't they have a rooftop deck and $2 domestic pints and $2.50 blvds until 7 every night? seems like mccoy's has some great dinner specials tuesdays as well.

I believe this to be the case.  Meatloaf Tuesday's I think @ mcCoy's (your dog or Joe's don't own that place do they?)......More importantly for the meeting sake, we wil not have to worry about a band playing, which unfortunately was the case at Danny's which I apologize for, but love Danny's any way!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:18:30 AM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2011, 11:46:38 AM »

I believe this to be the case.  Meatloaf Tuesday's I think @ mcCoy's (your dog or Joe's don't own that place do they?)......More importantly for the meeting sake, we wil not have to worry about a band playing, which unfortunately was the case at Danny's which I apologize for, but love Danny's any way!

Damn... I just made 7:30 plans that night. I'll plan on being there for an hour anyway.....

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

danhillaker

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2011, 05:20:19 PM »
Question.

Signed up for Recreational the other day on the pdga site.

Then I check to see if it has posted on the registration list online and I notice there isn't a spot for Recreational.  Am I just the first one to sign up? Or does it take so many players signing up before it is officially open? Or did the PDGA screw up and Intermediate is the lowest division?

I realize it takes a while for it show that I am registered, but I cant recall not seeing a division on the list in the past.

tallguy007kc

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2011, 06:58:40 PM »
If you had the option to sign up for it, it'll be there.  Probably just means you're the first one, or, he has a list of a few, and hasn't posted them to it.  But, in a nutshell, if the Intermediate was an option to sign up for, it'll be there.
James McLaughlin
PDGA #39535

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2011, 09:33:26 AM »
The PDGA sends me the signups in a "batch" style.  Typically on Twice a week.  It takes 3 to have a division.  As long as there are three people there will be that division.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"