Author Topic: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30  (Read 23707 times)

John Chapman

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2011, 08:44:01 PM »
nope.

Many are set, but a few aren't.  Swope will not be in the configuration until late of the week of the event, with mowing etc.....Cliff has a few places that must be moved.  I haven't been to WW, but read that it is currently set, and Rosedale is going to be looked at tonight to ensure that it is ready to go as well.

Rosedale is set.  #6 is more to the right than I originally intended, but after playing last night, but I think it will play just fine.

#6 where it's currently located is a better hole than one spot to the left, IMHO.

If it's all the way to the right in the woods, it's a more random sort of route to get it close. Higher scoring hole, perhaps. Better, no. I'm not really attached to any of the placements on #6, but if there's a way to take some of the left-handedness of Rosey out, you should do it, to an extent. Rosey can be set two different ways: lefty-friendly, or uber-lefty-friendly.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:46:10 PM by John Chapman »
Missouri....our state animal is sterile, our state rock is lead, and we elected a dead guy to the U.S. Senate.  Of course, he was the best candidate.

Kevin Simpson

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 30, 2011, 09:55:04 PM »
The one I'm thinking about is pretty much straight off the teepad and up the hill. It's probably easier for lefties, but the one to the left of that is just a silly baby hyzer for righties that I could probably get within ten feet with every disc in my bag.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2011, 09:36:59 AM »
The next Wide Open meeting will be held at Kelly's in Westport on Tuesday May 31, at 6:00 pm. 

Kelly's is located at 500 Westport Road KCMO 64111, it is said that it is the oldest building in Kansas City, kind of fitting for the oldest disc golf tournament in Kansas City huh?

We will be aligning the teams of supporters for the events, finalizing the information needed to finish the program.  Calling out items that need to be addressed at the courses.

Assigning teams for the 3 pools that will be running the courses (2 teams needed Friday, 3 on Saturday and Sunday)

Going over the final day and how it looks to be handled from an outside perspective.

I again plan on not being there for a meeting more than an hour.  Next Tuesday I would like to have all the helpers out to this meeting as well!

===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2011, 09:58:23 AM »
well can't make that .see ya the morning of the event @7am or so

Timko

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2011, 09:58:59 AM »
I'll be there is Lance doesn't bring me the tree saw today.

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2011, 09:59:42 AM »
I will be there!
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2011, 12:59:34 PM »
fixed....thanks....

On the Wide Open front we had a productive meeting that went well even though lightly attended is the best choice of words that I will use.

We are still in need of the courses looking their best. If you can reach out to some people and help out on a course this weekend please do so. 

I am also in need of more volunteers to help from a spotting standpoint, and general work to be done standpoint.

I need to have about 4-6 people helping with the Video Production from installing at the morning and taking down in the evening following the pros only at Blue Valley on Saturday and Swope on Sunday.

I am still looking for sponsors, especially those that may want to vend on Sunday in the park regarding food, drinks, etc......would like to have their information for the program as soon as you can.

Looking for individualy disc CFR sponsors, really, if you can only help by buying a disc, please visit DGW, or reach out to me and I will get you one......Help us make this event bigger than it is!  Support local!!!

I need some help on the checkn at Blue Valley on Thursday as well, if you can help out during the day at all, please let me know.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
The pools are starting to look along these lines for the event-

Pool A-Men's Open  
Fri-WW am & Cliff pm-Sat Blue Valley Tee Times-Sun @ Swope Tee Times
Pool B-All other Pro Divisions
Fri-Cliff am & WW pm-Sat Blue Valley Tee Times-Sun @ Swope Tee Times
Pool 1-Advanced Men
Sat-WW am & Rosedale pm-Sun Cliff
Pool 2-All other Am divisions
Sat-Rosedale am & Cliff pm-Sun WW

If the am pool totals less than 95 players we will put all players in one pool, and that would look like the following then:
AM ONLY POOL
Sat-Rosedale am & Cliff pm-Sun WW

Based on this (assuming over 100 ams), we will need the following:

Help all day Thursday at checkin at Blue Valley & Friday as well

Friday help at Cliff & WW all day

Saturday @ Blue Valley & Rosedale all day, WW in the morning, and Cliff in the afternoon

Sunday Cliff & WW in the morning, and then all hands on deck at Swope for the finals.....

If you can help please let me know.

THanks,

Jack
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 01:18:40 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2011, 01:29:09 PM »
Any reason for having the Pros play Cliff in the later round? Mornings are when that course is at its best, for a multitude of reasons. Think about it, dude.

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2011, 01:36:16 PM »
it is the way it is, pros are playing there in the morning and in the afternoon......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

HaterAde

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2011, 01:43:42 PM »
I was referring to the top pros and advocating for them to get the best possible playing conditions. Cliff is much better to play during the cooler part of the day. Oh well, since you don't want to listen to me I will just pray for rain. :D

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2011, 01:48:35 PM »
So I am advocating for the younger folks to play in the heat as they have more tolerance than the older groupings that will enjoy the shade more in the afternoon......how dare you pray for rain...... :-* :'(
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

gleauzinier

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2011, 04:41:23 PM »
mikehyzer: advocate for top pros. new series airing july 23rd on dgtv. filming during the wide open, afternoons at cliff drive. stay tuned for details.
Maurice Richard Gleauzinier
Freelance Flight Tightener
Just Say Glow Foundation
888 BIG DISC
maurice@gleauzinier.com
Please be quiet when people are throwing

The Can tankerous A.N.G

• Pro Poster
  • Don't look now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »
When is the latest a person can sign up?

HaterAde

« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2011, 08:40:28 PM »
mikehyzer: advocate for top pros. new series airing july 23rd on dgtv. filming during the wide open, afternoons at cliff drive. stay tuned for details.

It will not be filmed in the afternoon. I work in the afternoon. Which is the real reason I wanted to see a change of schedule-- I was hoping to watch the top pros play Cliff, but it seems I'll have to settle for watching all of them shoot sub-48 rounds at Water Works. Yay.

Anyway, yeah, the Top Pro Advocacy card failed miserably. Next time I will use "For the children" or "It's what Jesus would do" as leverage.