Author Topic: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30  (Read 22925 times)

dangasaur

• Novice Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2011, 10:31:21 PM »
Went to see the final card play today.  First big tournament I've ever gone to spectate and seeing the pros I've watched hundreds of times on youtube just 5 feet in front of me was a bit surreal.  A lot of the guys seemed really cool and were having a great time.

~sirbronco - was this biggest jerk someone who made a vocal jab from the peanut gallery?  because I know that's probably the most shocking thing I've seen at a sporting event in a long time...

sirbronco

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »
Dangasaur, not sure of the "event" you are talking about...but the one I am talking about is a player who was rude to me and several other officials over minor things, all weekend long. 
Van "Can" Spratford
sirbronco@sbcglobal.net
KCFDC # 1122
PDGA # 12695

tedkeith

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 13, 2011, 06:51:10 AM »
I was there and had a great time!  Great job Jack and all the way down, courses were BEAUTIFUL, round directors, spotters, water jugs, everything was where it was supposed to be when it was supposed to be.  It was an excellent weekend to be in KC, thanks to everyone who made it so!  Who won the DanZ TedK playoff? 

Dan tossed a sweet forehand onto the island green of Swope #7 and my weenie arm left one short and OB. Congrats to Mr. Zink on the 3rd place finish. Also props to Danny Craig who took second and especially Steve Drew who was really solid all weekend, clearly playing the best golf in our division. I had a wonderful time this weekend and truly enjoyed every card and every round. Good people and good times.

Thank you KCFDC and all involved in making this a great event!!

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #273 on: June 13, 2011, 08:58:09 AM »
Someone on the second card threw damn near to the pin on 13 and got no applause... Nikko is like what no claps, the guy just threw 700 ft.
Mike Penney

edwinwhatshisface

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 13, 2011, 09:41:15 AM »
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved in making this a great event to be a part of.  It was great fun and I can hardly wait until next year!!!
"I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' mother******, mother******! Every time my fingers touch brain, I'm Superfly T.N.T., I'm the Guns of the Navarone!"  -Jules-

white mccoy

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 13, 2011, 09:51:12 AM »
Thanks to Jack, Drew, Jay, John, Kevin, Ron, Dave, & everybody else that made the 29th KC wide open awesome.  Courses looked excellent and played smooth. 

Sorry I missed the action at Swope. Disgusted with myself for not bringing home the win, but congrats to Nils on a solid 3 rounds.  Little hard to swallow having a 2-stroke lead with 4 holes to go and coming out 2 behind when it was said and done.  But hey, there is always more golf to be played. 

Thanks again to Jay for the chair at cliff, Dave for the gummy bears & Diet Dew, and all the great guys I got to play with!
Joe Hesting

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 13, 2011, 10:10:45 AM »
poor joe.. :(

good shooting anyway tex!

coops

« Reply #277 on: June 13, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »
Someone on the second card threw damn near to the pin on 13 and got no applause... Nikko is like what no claps, the guy just threw 700 ft.

You talking about GG? He absolutely crushed one all the way to the far tree line... and took a 4.

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #278 on: June 13, 2011, 10:44:09 AM »
It would be interested to see the Pro scores on 13? We watched the last 2-3 groups go through and I don't believe there were many 3's.... it was the great equalizer!
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

TPalmer

• Pro Poster
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 13, 2011, 11:17:31 AM »
Thanks to all involved.  It was great getting to see some of the live action and also catch some of it on discgolfplanet.tv.

With the Worlds being a non-smoking event this year, Feldberg better bring plenty of gum.  He was puffing on the cigs pretty heavily during the final round yesterday.  :-)
Tom Palmer
PDGA #13705

bensdadfred

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 13, 2011, 11:43:03 AM »
Great tournament once again! Played like poooooooooop @ Cliff and BV but still had a great time and am glad to have been a part of it! Thanks to all that made it happen!!
2 Things: Don't sweat the small stuff & everything is small stuff!

David E

• Pro Poster
  • I'd rather be throwing plastic than typing this...
    • View Profile
    • The Big C
« Reply #281 on: June 13, 2011, 11:54:19 AM »
Dangasaur, not sure of the "event" you are talking about...but the one I am talking about is a player who was rude to me and several other officials over minor things, all weekend long. 

Overheard from a player on the lead card on hole #17
"I'm tired of playing with these kids, getting emotional hitting trees, kicking their bags....."

This from someone who apparently had one great big hissy fits EVER at the Memorial.

Those in glass houses and all that......
www.flhw.org
Every 2.25 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer.
Every 19 minutes a man, dies from the disease.

CD

• The "Compact" Disc Player
  • Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Don't EVER forget to putt out. Period.
    • View Profile
    • http://MOKANdiscgolf.org
« Reply #282 on: June 13, 2011, 01:05:39 PM »
Lotsa thanks to the Cashen brothers, and the staff and crew that pulled it all together  ;)  Good times  ;D
Duane "CD" Steiner
Team INNOVA Ambassador
Independence MO
PDGA #2883; KCFDC #002
Bagtags:
2014: 3, 17, 46, 36
"Sometimes it's better to be looked over than to be overlooked."

robertalan

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 13, 2011, 01:43:11 PM »
fisherman bob Hayett here.  Thanks for having my new band Alexander and the Greats at the Wide Open.  Disc golf is the greatest sport on planet Earth.  (Wish I had more time to play these days...)

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #284 on: June 13, 2011, 01:49:23 PM »
fisherman bob Hayett here.  Thanks for having my new band Alexander and the Greats at the Wide Open.  Disc golf is the greatest sport on planet Earth.  (Wish I had more time to play these days...)

Sounded great Bob!!!   8)

I was hawking merch west of the stage and it made things go so much more smoothly to be digging the tunes as I worked.
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org