Author Topic: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30  (Read 24679 times)

Neckbeard

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30
« Reply #300 on: June 13, 2011, 06:01:06 PM »
you think that all the people that call me a bagger around here like me?

Not ALL of them, Palmer, but I think people calling YOU a bagger is more having a good time, since you bag in intermediate ;D  I agree that people who don't know you Coop, yelling that you are a bagger, is complete Douchebaggery. If I was good enough to be a bagger someday, and some jerk I didn't know somewhat maliciously yelled that sh1t at me, I would probably have words with them, and not kind ones.  Let the haters hate, and like Palmer said, there were players with more experience and higher ratings playing in your division, not sure why you got singled out.  People need to be concerned with their OWN games, this is DISC GOLF (aka the greatest game in the world, as Fisherman Bob said)!!!

On another sidenote I was checking the amateur scores, what does 999 and DNF mean?  I saw it plastered right next to GREG LEWIS' name, right after a score of 73 at cliff? Is that a typo??? 73???  Sounds like Craig Loonis needs to pull a Palmer and play intermediate next time........Im just sayin'.....

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 13, 2011, 06:27:07 PM »
i agree with you coop, 100%.

for reference though, you think that all the people that call me a bagger around here like me?  i'm going to say no.  and you know what?  i don't really care.  

you can wish for people to be more considerate, but I think that for maximum effect, you should probably just keep doing what you're doing.  don't let the haters get to you.  i mean, come on, there is/was no bigger bagger playing Adv in the WO than Hesting. :)

we humans are a funny breed sometimes.  my skin is pretty thick on this subject, but i never thought that people were calling me sandbagger to motivate me or out of any concern for my improvement.  if it was or still is, i wish someone would tell me, since my golf game hasn't improved much in the last year or so.

i like you plenty.  you bagger.

HaterAde

« Reply #302 on: June 13, 2011, 06:45:31 PM »
If Avery did hear it he did a good job not berating the photographer.

Yeah, and the birds tweeting and the leafs rustling.   Someone said it early here, if they want big payouts at the expense of outside sources trying to create capital by drawing big crowds, these guys are gonna have to get some thicker skin.   Someday "Jaws" is gonna take down Shooter McGavin.

What was "the champs" comment about the car alarm that went off beyond tee 2 when he was throwing his drive in front of the crowd on hole one?  "nice timing on the alarm."  I think.  I bit my tongue.  I mean come on.

There was a guy driving in a stake at the PDGA tent 2 fairways away when "the borg" stepped up for his drive.  I didn't hear if he said anything, but he did look a little peeved.   That was only 10 minutes at one tee in one tournament.  These players attitudes towards other competitors, towards the fans, towards the event coordinators, towards the surroundings is, to be honest, appalling.   I know it's not all of them, there are some stand up, good folk at the top level. But I've seen enough to form negative opinions of many of them.  

I think Climo was saying that tongue-in-cheek about the car alarm. The guy pounding the stake, that was a bit ill-timed, don't ya think? He was working for one of the vendors, and he waits until the top card of the pros is teeing off to do that? I don't think Dave showed too much emotion about it, but I could certainly understand him being a bit peeved. Hell, everyone in the crowd was thinking "WTF?" while that was happening. :D

As for the bagger comments to the Ams, whoever said that can F right the F off. I seem to remember Cooper stating early on that is was mostly a financial decision on his part. Just because a guy wins Am the year before doesn't mean he is going to pay $160 or whatever it is to try and crack the top-20 and cash in the Pro division the next year. As was said, people can choose to play in the divisions in which they are qualified.

Coop, I think you're a solid disc golfer and would fit it nicely with other local Open players like Fred, Marshal, and Leo. If you feel the urge to move up for next year's event, I will sponsor you for half of your entry fee. But you gotta wear a t-shirt with my face on the front and "HaterAde" on the back.  ;D

coops

« Reply #303 on: June 13, 2011, 08:53:17 PM »
Coop, I think you're a solid disc golfer and would fit it nicely with other local Open players like Fred, Marshal, and Leo. If you feel the urge to move up for next year's event, I will sponsor you for half of your entry fee. But you gotta wear a t-shirt with my face on the front and "HaterAde" on the back.  ;D

Boy, I'm going to have to remember that... And I think next year you'll (hopefully) be making a pretty good investment.

LKillian

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 13, 2011, 08:59:39 PM »

On another sidenote I was checking the amateur scores, what does 999 and DNF mean?  I saw it plastered right next to GREG LEWIS' name, right after a score of 73 at cliff? Is that a typo??? 73???  Sounds like Craig Loonis needs to pull a Palmer and play intermediate next time........Im just sayin'.....

He might have been injured when i tagged him with my drive on 8 after i hit early wood and it kicked right at 7's tee pad. It was mighty nice of him to save me from going ob. :D
Cooter was here.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #305 on: June 13, 2011, 10:42:01 PM »
NEWSFLASH: if you call others sandbaggers, while playing in an age-protected division, zip it. 

whatevva! back in my day BEFORE there was sand, you'd get called magma-bagger, a term i hope none of you youngsters have to bear. IF any of you live to be as old as Rick Rothstein, you're beating the odds, let alone beating any other golfer that is fortunate to be your age. remember this wide open is just a rehearsal for next year, i cordially invite the entire beer league out to heckle my card after every shot if they so desire, what were those bleachers delivered for the "silent majority"? good shots get a golf clap and pussies get called for being just that. man up and go for it, just watch out for errant shots that seem to find their way into big mouths!
espouse elucidation

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #306 on: June 13, 2011, 11:42:45 PM »
top card hole 14 gold ( reg 13)
Avery 3
Nate 4
Nikko 5
Dave 5

and yes that was the whole i spoke of.... oh and can't be called a bagger playing open, just saying
Mike Penney

kidmills

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 14, 2011, 07:32:18 AM »
NEWSFLASH: if you call others sandbaggers, while playing in an age-protected division, zip it. 

whatevva! back in my day BEFORE there was sand, you'd get called magma-bagger, a term i hope none of you youngsters have to bear. IF any of you live to be as old as Rick Rothstein, you're beating the odds, let alone beating any other golfer that is fortunate to be your age. remember this wide open is just a rehearsal for next year, i cordially invite the entire beer league out to heckle my card after every shot if they so desire, what were those bleachers delivered for the "silent majority"? good shots get a golf clap and pussies get called for being just that. man up and go for it, just watch out for errant shots that seem to find their way into big mouths!
the entire beer league,don't think you want that,and it won't be AFTER THE SHOT

lucky4ever247

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 14, 2011, 07:56:56 AM »

the entire beer league,don't think you want that,and it won't be AFTER THE SHOT
RELAX!!!   I do All my own stunts!!!!!

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 14, 2011, 10:12:51 AM »
Thank you to all that attended the 29th Kansas City Wide Open 2011.  

Thank you to all that helped with the planning and the preparation, and the actual event of the Wide Open.

Thank you to all of you that followed the Wide Open either on line with Disc Golf Planet when you could, or via the online scoring method.

There are always a few issues on events of this magnitude, so I thank all of you for the patience with our human nature to make errors.

This event would not have happened, without the support of the following groups and businesses to make the event happen at this level, you need, you MUST have the support of our national community in the Disc Golf World, and locally.
Disc Golf Association
Innova Champion Discs
Gateway Disc Sports
Discraft
Disc Golf World
Dynamic Discs
LSDiscs
Discs Unlimited
Rob Hack
The Neitzel Family
The West Plaza Tomato Company
Neighborhood Tourism and Development Fund
Kansas City Missouri Parks and Recreation
Eagle Products
Tower Tavern
Bishop Sullivan Center
James Mc“Tall Guy”Laughlin
Hal Kurz
Arnold Palmer Tee Company
Twin Lakes Insurance
Peter Cashen
Jack Lowe
Tracy Walker
University of St. Mary
Paddy O’Quigley’s
Ruskin-Go Green Go Ruskin!
Ben Hansen
Kevin Montgomery
All the Palmers
Dan Cashen
Crazy John Brooks
Dick Parker
John Theiss
John Chapman
Van Spratford
Jay Rivard
Gary Harvey (G$)
Mike Penney
Sally Rowden
Becky Stebbins
Ben & Rhonda Crosby
Demian Vela
Mike Keizer
Jim Kreeger
Jim Neal
Chris Timko
Lee Killian
Doug Linville
Danny Sounders
Bill Neenan
Mark Stiles
Dan Weinert
Beer League Representatives!
KCMO P&R
Countless Others to make it happen before me, and those that continue to help in the cleanup of the event.  Just because the dates are passed, the event still has lingering issues to follow up on!

I again thank all of you for your help and support.  We are blessed in Kanas City to have such a great grouping of courses to enjoy as our home.  As you think of the times that you have played in Kansas City, be thinking of what you can do to help the 30th.  I am currently accepting information, photo's, old archival information of the 30 years of the event.  If you have an old trophy, old program you scan, I want to make the next program for the event something that is historically significant for us to enjoy locally, nationally, and international.  We have a strong history in KC for events, and next year is already going that way.   The way we look at it, we are a few days closer now to the 30th than we were this past weekend!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your energy in disc golf.  Please come and enjoy in KC next year.  We want to show you why we are the best place in the world to play disc golf at!

Thanks,

Jack
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:26:46 PM by jack »
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 14, 2011, 10:17:21 AM »
Coop, I think you're a solid disc golfer....... If you feel the urge to move up for next year's event, I will sponsor you for half of your entry fee. But you gotta wear a t-shirt with my face on the front and "HaterAde" on the back.  ;D

I already had to give one dress code warning in the event last week....It would have to be a nice collared shirt, one with a path on the back, but not too expensive....KNEE!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #311 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:35 AM »
And thank you Jack for heading up the event and seeing it all the way through to its successful completion! Great job!  8)
Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

HaterAde

« Reply #312 on: June 14, 2011, 11:20:32 AM »
Coop, I think you're a solid disc golfer....... If you feel the urge to move up for next year's event, I will sponsor you for half of your entry fee. But you gotta wear a t-shirt with my face on the front and "HaterAde" on the back.  ;D

I already had to give one dress code warning in the event last week....It would have to be a nice collared shirt, one with a path on the back, but not too expensive....KNEE!

I may come up with a shirt for MM to wear as well. When I saw him earlier that day, I was thinking he sure looked like a goofball in the sleeveless shirt with the 90s red lightning bolt swim trunk shorts. When we heard about the complaint later on, I nearly died of laughter.

But I was just kidding about the t-shirt idea for Cooper. The half-sponsorship offer still stands-- I figure there's no way I'll ever be playing at that level in a tourney like this, so might as well help a great local player do it!

kselrod

« Reply #313 on: June 14, 2011, 11:23:38 AM »
Just wondering if anyone has heard if they will be replaying the final round or not?

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 14, 2011, 01:28:18 PM »
The final round was completed, so there is not a need to replay it.  If you are referencing Discgolfplanet.tv broadcast, I am uncertain, but fairly confident that when the signal went down, they quit filming, which is too bad, it could have been as you said played back now as well......
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"