Author Topic: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30  (Read 22389 times)

kselrod

Re: 2011 Kansas City Wide Open XXIX-countdown to 30
« Reply #315 on: June 14, 2011, 03:18:34 PM »
The final round was completed, so there is not a need to replay it.  If you are referencing Discgolfplanet.tv broadcast, I am uncertain, but fairly confident that when the signal went down, they quit filming, which is too bad, it could have been as you said played back now as well......

OK, smartass...I deserved that comment  ;D.  But yes, I was refering to the latter which would have been nice to still watch even though we knew the outcome.  Oh well, s#!t happens!

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 14, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »
I tired to take that into consdieration and gave you the answer I thought that you were looking for.  I open myself WAYYYY to much for ridicule, so it was nice to see a door open for a change and walk into it instead of opening the door for others to walk into me! :D
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

Kevin Montgomery

• Administrator
  • 1000 Rated Poster
  • Nice shot!
    • View Profile
    • http://kcfdc.org
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2011, 04:58:30 PM »
The final round was completed, so there is not a need to replay it.  If you are referencing Discgolfplanet.tv broadcast, I am uncertain, but fairly confident that when the signal went down, they quit filming, which is too bad, it could have been as you said played back now as well......
Holy s..... you mean they just gave up. What?  All that prep and setup time and effort.  That makes no sense to not even record the event for upload later. 

I witnessed them work very hard at getting it back online for quite a while before pulling the plug. I too think they should have gone ahead and recorded it though for later viewing. Perhaps they have some technical reason why they were unable to do so.

Kevin Montgomery
Eschew Obfuscation
KCFDC #117
PDGA# 12037
http://www.kcfdc.org

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »
And thank you Jack for heading up the event and seeing it all the way through to its successful completion! Great job!  8)

Not complete yet there's still this lil thing called accounting
Mike Penney

coops

« Reply #319 on: June 14, 2011, 05:07:37 PM »
Holy s..... you mean they just gave up. What?  All that prep and setup time and effort.  That makes no sense to not even record the event for upload later. 

I witnessed them work very hard at getting it back online for quite a while before pulling the plug. I too think they should have gone ahead and recorded it though for later viewing. Perhaps they have some technical reason why they were unable to do so.

I actually kind of wish they'd ditch the live idea and try to get a higher quality recording and more holes and upload it shortly after the event. I think it'd be a lot easier to watch.

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 14, 2011, 05:59:19 PM »
Thanks to Jack and all the people who put on the KCWO.  I did have a question about the AM players pack.  Jack, you referenced in an earlier post that the Ams would receive a voucher for a shirt from Dynamic Discs and an etched glass from LS Discs.  I don't believe either of these items were available when I checked in at Blue Valley on Friday.  Are they still floating around somewhere?  Thanks.

Kevin

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 15, 2011, 06:24:44 PM »
The dd shirt was @ their trailer on Friday....just got glasses today...if you didn't check in at blue valley on Friday you probably missed the shirt from them....no one got a glass yet...not sure what I'm gonna do @ that...they got dropped off on a pallet @ my house today....a week late.....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

GuinnessSmurf

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
    • Ryan Oldham, Composer
« Reply #322 on: June 15, 2011, 10:37:47 PM »
I'd gladly pick mine up at DGW.  Probably would be easy for the local guys.   

I'm not sure what to say about the traveling players.  Were they from LSDiscs?  I am guessing that LSDiscs would help with shipping.  Seems like the right thing for them to do. 
Check out my detailed beer reviews: www.ryanoldham.com/beer
Now with well over 400 reviews!

Mike Penney

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #323 on: June 15, 2011, 10:50:53 PM »
When is the 30th? Who's running it? Is there a logo? lets get it going now
Mike Penney

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2011, 08:34:34 AM »
Ill reach out to them, but my thought is just a delay in shipping....sending all the glasses out is just too expensive though realistically....
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

kselrod

« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2011, 11:21:56 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that on the Innova homepage it list this last KCWO as the 30th year? C'MON MAN! Yes I'm ready for some football!!

coops

« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2011, 11:47:55 AM »
Frankly I'm glad we can finally stop counting down and just get to 30 already...

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2011, 12:33:02 PM »
Ill work on what todo @ the issues around shirts & glasses that will hopefully help those partners of the wide open as well as the players.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"

thankyoupeter

• Am Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 16, 2011, 04:44:36 PM »
Thanks Jack.  I would also be willing to pick up my glass, no shipping needed.  In regards to the DD shirt, I checked in around 12:30 on Friday at Blue Valley and the DD trailer wasn't there.  Becky indicated she wasn't sure where they were, so I'm not sure if they showed up later. 

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 16, 2011, 04:51:46 PM »
I found out this information late last night as well, so something needs to be adjusted on everyone's end.  I will plan on seeing if I can get Rick to house the glasses for local players for certain.  More information to follow obviously!
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
cheaper, and healthier!"