Author Topic: Old Pike Memberships  (Read 4907 times)

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Link to private course
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 08:46:40 PM »
I am OK with a private course charging (if yo don't like it, don't play there) and I understand some tax $$$ are going to the other courses, BUT aren't we a 503c NON-PROFIT Organization??

How do we justify a for profit Country Club being on our forum (18 month grace period or not)??

TomV

Tom,  A for profit Country Club is not on the forum:  the disc golf course is and it is not generating any profits.  The link to the course is not a threat to the club's 503c status. 

Once in the ground, with tee pads and safe walking paths, the course will support disc golf, the KCFDC, and hopes to host charity events.  But, the course is under construction and is not generating profit.  All funds raised are being put into the course for improvements. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 09:08:23 AM by Old Pike Mike »
Even a bad day on the disc-golf course beats ANY day at work! -
Tom V.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: We were run off of Old Pike today...Members only???
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 09:33:27 AM »
we have not updated our website yet Tom, this question has been answered by the EC at this time though we decided to leave things as they are until the new site rolls out.

Once that happens, this course would fall under a seperate section entitled "other courses" that will have all NON-KCFDC courses in it, as we still want to share our sport, but feel as though that you are correct that this type of course should not be part or considered part of the KCFDC courses as it clearly is not.

The goal of course is to have all disc golf communications still happening here though, so we don't want it vanish, just not give it as prominent of a spot as it currently has. 
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Link to private course
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 10:22:20 AM »
I am OK with a private course charging (if yo don't like it, don't play there) and I understand some tax $$$ are going to the other courses, BUT aren't we a 503c NON-PROFIT Organization??

How do we justify a for profit Country Club being on our forum (18 month grace period or not)??

TomV

Tom,  A for profit Country Club is not on the forum:  the disc golf course is and it is not generating any profits.  The link to the course is not a threat to the club's 503c status.  

Once in the ground, with tee pads and safe walking paths, the course will support disc golf, the KCFDC, and hopes to host charity events.  But, the course is under construction and is not generating profit.  All funds raised are being put into the course for improvements.  

Who edited this post???  The second half, after my signature TomV, is not mine: "TomV... A for profit Country Club...."

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 10:24:18 AM by Timko »
Tom V.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Old Pike Memberships
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 10:23:47 AM »
Looks like Mike did.

jack

• KCFDC Board Members
  • 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 11:04:10 AM »
looks like the post made its way into a new topic, which is probably the best.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2011, 11:18:59 AM »
looks like the post made its way into a new topic, which is probably the best.

??? ??? ??? ???
Tom V.

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2011, 11:37:29 AM »
Ok, this is TOTAL BS!!! 

We were run off of Old Pike today...Members only??? post go.  Are we now practicing censorship???
Tom V.

jamidanger

• 1000 Rated Poster
  • 1= be safe 2= be courteous 3= all holes be par 3
    • View Profile
    • my goal is a pdga rating of 420
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2011, 12:21:42 PM »
you weren't censored, you were moderated! anyway old pike is a great fun family friendly course, and needs love and money so we can have tee pads and illuminated fairways. i have not bought into the membership yet, but hope to participate in leagues to get my fix. i do plan on buying or earning a paradise parking pass, it makes more sense to charge by the car<load>, maybe old pike could do that, i dunno, but checking vehicles would seem more logical than golfers.
espouse elucidation

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2011, 12:59:26 PM »
Tom, if you've got questions about what was changed and why, send Mike a PM.  Shouting and whining just sounds like shouting and whining.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2011, 01:05:44 PM »
looks like mike needs to tag his mod comments a bit more clearly.

it isn't exactly obvious that the edits are his(Mike's); the post looks like Tom V edited his post to add those comments.

Timko

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
I assume that Mike split a posts to the new thread, then appended part of his old post on Tom's post there.  That would be my best guess.  But I'm just guessing.

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2011, 01:46:47 PM »
Tom, if you've got questions about what was changed and why, send Mike a PM.  Shouting and whining just sounds like shouting and whining.

ok, Tim I will stop "whining" (even though I do not think it was whining, is was outrage at the dropping of a thread).

Here are a couple questions for the moderators of the boards (Mike I would appreciate a public response to these):

1. Was there anything profane or vulgar in the post titled: "We were run off of Old Pike today...Members only???" ??

2. What are the procedures for determining that a post/thread should be eliminated?

Thanks,

TomV

Tom V.

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2011, 01:51:21 PM »
you weren't censored, you were moderated! anyway old pike is a great fun family friendly course, and needs love and money so we can have tee pads and illuminated fairways. i have not bought into the membership yet, but hope to participate in leagues to get my fix. i do plan on buying or earning a paradise parking pass, it makes more sense to charge by the car<load>, maybe old pike could do that, i dunno, but checking vehicles would seem more logical than golfers.

Jami, I have nothing against Old Pike or Old Pike Mike. I think what they are doing there is great!!  The plans and the KDFDC relationship has just not been communicated well.  I asked about the club's relationship with a private/for=profit business, which I feel was a legitimate question.

I was very disappointed that a) my comment was edited and my name left on it; b) the thread was deleted or renamed without any explanation.  The original poster was in his opinion "run off the course". That thread should have been left alone.

Tom V.

phisherman_77

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2011, 02:03:28 PM »
this is a message board tommy v!  there is no place for proper decorum or legitimate questions here!

;D

five2loves42

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2011, 02:10:37 PM »
this is a message board tommy v!  there is no place for proper decorum or legitimate questions here!

;D

;D
Tom V.