Author Topic: A Blue Critique  (Read 6688 times)

will

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
A Blue Critique
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »
Quote from: "tkienzle"
Me and my buddys where wanting to know what all the mounds of dirt are for on 10 and at the tee pad of 7?

so when you spike your disc on it's side it'll roll down the hill, causing you to swear.

the mounds around 7's t-pad will be the long placement for hole 6.

mansizioux

• Am Poster
  • JV Golfer
    • View Profile
Blue Valley
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2006, 07:46:25 PM »
I got to play the course for the first time Saturday and had to play it again Sunday morning.  Its a great addition to the courses we already have in Kansas City.  I want to thank the people that helped make it happen and are still making it happen.   I'm an intermediate player (right now) and this course is just what I need to improve my game. Hope to talk more about this at the club meeting on Wednesday.
You can"t always do what's right, but you can always do what's left.

ring

A Blue Critique
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 02:09:10 PM »
I think you should leave the course as long and hard as possible...It seems this is a course where your drive placement is a big part of your score...To me that is the future of discgolf.. Having to place your drive accuratly for a good up shot to make a par is far more challenging then going for a birdie on everything..  

Just my opinion though..

jack

• 1000 Rated Poster
    • View Profile
A Blue Critique
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 07:00:51 PM »
from the poll, it appears that is the concensus.  I have not had a chance to play it yet with the pads in the ground.  I hope to get out there over the next few days, if not next week with extra time to see how it truly plays.  I am not sure if hole #10 is in the ground or not yet, but will look into it.  I agree as a rag arm I still think that it makes more sense to play this type of golf, but others may not like it, to each their own, but to add this to the list of courses within KC is surely only going to create "TALK" about the disc golf scene within KC.
===o  {>[]----
Jack Lowe-
Parks Development Director for KCFDC
Multiple PDGA Worlds TD
Course Designs
913.485.5123-C
"Disc Golf-
Like ball golf, only faster,
cheaper, and healthier!"

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
A Blue Critique
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2006, 07:55:26 AM »
Quote from: "jack"
from the poll, it appears that is the concensus.

as if, Jack??
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!

eupher61

• Pro Poster
    • View Profile
A Blue Critique
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2006, 08:05:41 PM »
Kreiger and Co were busy today...Jim, Dan, Mark and James Arnold, and me were out there moving dirt around the pads, with help from whoever that guy is on the Cat tracker, along with the graciously rental-paid-for Bobcat.  We got 9 pads done pretty well, there will need to be more done after the next couple of rains start washing away and settling, but the pads are COOL!

Thanks to the bros Villareal and whoever else was out doing the concrete work (Will??) and, as always, Jim K and Dan.
Ace?  I'll take a freakin' BIRDIE!
Steve Hoog, now in St Louis
Bluebird ROCKS!